Educational toys are informative toys used for the social, cognitive, physical, and emotional development of toddlers, infants, elementary, preschoolers, and middle school kids. It also stimulates the learning process in children. Educational toys include activity sets, construction sets, math and science kits, play dough, DIY craft kits, and theme based toys related to alphabets, animals, & numbers. Educational toys are expected to instruct and encourage knowledge development of children.
Trending factors such as innovative robotics toys for S.T.E.M (science, technology, engineering, and math) education, rising 3D shapes in toy designs, and surging green educational and eco-friendly toys are expected to drive the educational toys market globally in the coming years. Moreover, growing number of online buyers is a driving factor for the educational toys market during the forecast period all across the globe. However, the prices of raw material used for making educational toys are inconsistent, which is projected to hinder the educational toys market during the forecast period. Educational toy manufacturers are also progressively focused on using only environment friendly materials, as well as making major investments in R&D that are estimated to be an opportunity for the educational toys market in the future.
The global educational toys market can be divided on the basis of product type, age group, educator type, end user, distribution channel, toy type, and region. Based on product type, the educational toys market is segmented into academic, cognitive thinking, motor skills, and others. Motor skills is further bifurcated into fine motor skills and gross motor skills. Motor skills are expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. In terms of age group, the market is divided into 1 – 4 years, 4 – 8 years, and above 8 years. Based on educator type, the market is bifurcated into S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering, and math) activities, brain breaks, gifted & talented, classroom games, after school, and lesson plans. On the basis of toy type, the educational toys market is divided into indoor education toys and outdoor education toys. In terms of end user, the market is separated into residential and commercial. On the basis of distribution channel, the market is distributed into offline and online. The online channel is bifurcated into third-party sales and direct sales. The offline segment can be further bifurcated into discount retailers, specialty stores, department stores, sports stores, and stationary shops. The offline channel segment holds a prominent share and is projected to continue its dominance during the forecast period in terms of revenue.
In terms of region, the global educational toys market is segmented into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA). North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the educational toys market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the educational toys market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America educational toys market is segmented into Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of South America.
Key players operating in the educational toys market globally include Mattel, Parent Co., Toys “R” Us, Engino.net Ltd., Learning Resources, LEGO Education, JAKKS Pacific, Inc., Melissa & Doug, MindWare, Inc., Ravensburger AG, Safari Ltd, Simba Dickie Group GmbH, VTech Electronics North America, LLC, BanBao, Bandai Namco Holdings Inc., GigoToys, GoldLok Toys, and Hasbro. Key players in the educational toys market are projected to observe growing demand for educational toys in the near future due to a gradual shift in customer preference from conventional toys like action figures and dolls, to drones, robot toys, and other electronic toys. The market is highly fragmented and competitive owing to many options of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and international brands in the market. Manufacturers are focusing on latest and innovative toys which are moving toward digital and online platforms. As a result, the educational toys market is estimated to witness improvement globally. Educational toys is an active industry, and its improvement is supported by factors such as technology and innovative products.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.