Edible Paper Market Outlook
Edible paper, also known as wafer paper, rice paper, and oblaat is a starch-based edible layer largely used in bakery and the pharmaceutical industry. It is typically transparent, and is used in preserving confectionery which contains gelatin, due to its property of absorbing humidity and odor. Since both the confectionery and pharmaceutical sectors have shown strong growth characteristics through the last decade, edible paper market is expected to form a rewarding market for producers. The edible paper market is expected to show strong growth dynamics in developed regions such as North America, Japan, and Europe which are a huge consumer base for bakery and pharmaceutical industry currently. The manufacturers participating in the edible paper market is expected to witness large opportunity in the bakery industry. The edible paper market is expected to see the faster growth rate in confectionery segment owing to the rising demand for innovative confectionery products with newer formulations which use innovative ingredients. Manufacturers in the confectionery industry are expected to include edible paper into their offerings resulted by a gradual inclination of the consumer for environment-friendly packaging and natural based products for which edible paper fulfills both the criteria.
Reasons for Covering Edible Paper Market Title:
Benefits of edible paper are recognized to be a unique solution for reducing carbon footprint by using it as a primary packaging item. Major application as a decorative and molding ingredient is expected to raise demand for edible paper products in the foodservice market over the forecast period. Owing to the increasing traction over the ingredient and packaging market over the global processed food industry is expected to drive the edible paper market in recent times. Innovative bakery kiosks and retail chains are trending around the developing regions which in turn is expected to create demand for bakery ingredient such as edible paper in such regions. Over the forecast period, the edible paper market is expected to be driven by the DIY industry merging into bakery and confectionery sector leading consumer to experiment with new ingredients such as edible paper which is further expected to be driven by e-retail sales channels making ingredients available at door step.
Global Edible Paper Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of nature, the global Edible Paper market has been segmented as –
On the basis of type, the global Edible Paper market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, the global Edible Paper market has been segmented as –
On the basis of end-use, the global Edible Paper market has been segmented as –
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
On the basis of distribution channel, the global Edible Paper market has been segmented as –
- Direct Sales Channels
- Indirect Sales Channels
- Modern Grocery Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Traditional Grocery Retailers
- Food & Drink Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- Online Retail
- Modern Grocery Retailers
Global Edible Paper Market: Key Players:
Some of the key players operating in the global Edible Paper market are Kokkooblate Co. Ltd, Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc., Primus Wafer Paper B.V., HOCH GmbH Oblatenfabrik, KOPYFORM GmbH, Fancy Flours, Inc., CDA Products Limited, Etsy, Inc., L'Epicerie, The Lucks Company etc.
Key Product Launches in Edible Paper Related Market
The key product launches that have been observed in the Edible Paper market over the recent years have seen launches targeting ethical buyers and vegan populations:
- In 2017, the Lucks Company launched edible paper product line named print-on through its internet platforms and other direct channels. The company introduced 5 sizes for its edible paper offerings to target the DIY consumer demand.
- In 2017, the Primus Wafer Paper B.V. launched a new edible paper product line made of volkoren to address the growing market for healthy food in the processed and food service industry. The volkoren edible paper products are launched in standard offerings the company offers for its other edible papers to maintains its products’ versatility.
Opportunities for Market Participants in Edible Paper Market
North America is expected to dominate the global edible paper market over the forecast period resulted in strong demand from the processed food industry and pharmaceutical industry. Europe is expected to follow the successive position in the edible paper market resulted by the huge bakery and confectionery industry in the region. Japan to experience steady market dynamics owing to established market for edible papers. Regions such as the Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to witness higher CAGR over the forecast period resulted by increasing adaption of western cuisine and baking industry in the region. The Middle East and Africa region are expected to capture substantial value share for the edible papers resulted by its growing HoReCa industry.
Brief Approach to Research
Our company will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the distribution channel, forms, nature, application and end use of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the Edible Paper market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.