Edible glitters are solids obtained from natural and chemical ingredients to augment sparkle and luster to the foods and beverage products added. Edible glitters are referred to collection of tiny particles, fragments, or any other suitable natural or synthetic substance, and particularly such materials characterized as being capable of reflecting, or scattering light, or offering a multicolor effect.
Edible glitter is commonly used in bakery products and especially cakes. Rise in demand for customization in bakery products especially during various occasions like birthdays, weddings, engagement, baby shower, parties, Christmas, Easter, and others. Symbolization and significance of each event or unique requirements of consumers call for broader availability of edible glitter colors and forms. Cornstarch, Gum-Arabic, Maltodextrin, and Sugars are commonly used in edible glitter that is generally approved for food-use. Labeling is crucial in Edible glitters which should include the features like Non-Toxic, Food Contact Glitter, for removable decorations and others.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Edible glitter is an evolving segment in food and beverages and specifically in bakery products. Often there has been misperception over edible and non-edible glitters and also with the edible glitter which are food contact glitter, which are removable decorations and non-toxic. The report offers a detailed analysis of the edible glitter covering all the aspects with detailed classification and ingredients, end-uses, forms, and colors. The study provided in the edible glitter includes investment opportunities with market size, growth rates, and factors affecting the supply and demand, regulations and consumer trends.
The report also comprises of developing technologies, indicating innovations in edible glitter briefing about the growing segments or stages driving higher attention in product launches. Europe is expected to rule the edible glitter market over the forecast period backed by having the most significant market share in global bakery market ~28% followed by North America ~27%. The report encompasses in a detailed study about the segments and sub-segments of edible glitter.
Global Edible Glitter: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Primary Ingredient, the global Edible Glitter market has been segmented as –
- Gum Arabic
On the basis of End-Use, the global Edible Glitter market has been segmented as –
- Bakery Products & Confectionery
- Breakfast Cereals
- Frozen Desserts & Ice-Cream
- Dietary Supplements
On the basis of Form, the global Edible Glitter market has been segmented as –
- Dust (Sanding Sugars)
- Geometric Solids
On the basis of Color, the global Edible Glitter market has been segmented as –
- Others (White, Pink, Orange, Purple, Red, Blue, Green)
Global Edible Glitter Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Edible Glitter market are CK Products, Wilton Brands, LLC, Ultimate Baker, Linnea's Cake & Candy Supplies, Inc. CakeSupplyShop, Watson Inc. and others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Edible glitter market is projected to witness a positive trend over the forecast period. Manufacturers of edible glitter are offering edible glitter products with varied colors, forms, and packaging. The other factors include its display, color, and ingredient used. Advancements in technology are witnessed in the recent years in the edible glitters market from the inclusion of ingredients, processing, application methods, application tools and packaging. The packaging also plays a vital role in edible glitter sales as it is important to have transparent packing material for easy visibility of edible glitter. The application method from dusting, spraying and squeezable packs are also considered for edible glitter packaging.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach is followed and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in Edible Glitter report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the primary ingredient flavor and end-uses of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in Edible Glitter report include:
- An overview of the Edible Glitter market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Edible Glitter market and its potential
- Edible Glitter Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Edible Glitter market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Edible Glitter market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Edible Glitter market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.