Edible food paints are ingredients which are especially designed to paint on a wide variety of foods to improve their aesthetic value. The edible food paints are usually used to paint bakery and confectionery product surface like cakes and in particular fondant cakes. The edible food paints are used for various purposes and applied through various tools. The edible food paints ranges from dusts, liquid paints to sprinkles and others. There are range of edible food paint colors free from alcohol and gluten and suitable for various consumer groups like vegetarians and specialty diet needs. The need for edible food paints rose with diversifying needs of the consumers with increasing demand for innovative food products for various occasions demanding for high personalization and customization. Edible food paints are either used directly from the bottle, or blended with various other ingredients to derive required texture and color as per the consumer requirements.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Edible food paints market has expanded in various terms be it innovation in terms of inclusion various ingredients, application, forms and packaging formats. Manufacturers of edible food paints launch their products based on consumer studies, emerging market trends and competitive benchmarking. The report includes entire market dynamics of edible food paints inclusive of consumer behavior studies, major driving factors and restraints. In depth research is required as the selection of food color specific to occasion and consumer requirement is critical. The color selection varies across occasions like birthdays, weddings, Easter, holidays, and Christmas, etc.
Cakes, donuts, pies, confectionery are the major end use products of the edible food products. The various factors like attractiveness, source, shelf life and novelty value of the color plays a vital role in the determining the selection of the edible food paints. The report also comprises of emerging technologies which innovations in edible food paints briefs about the emergent segments or stages driving higher traction in research and development. The analysis is done based on the patents filed in the recent years. It also indicates which players are investing in R&D, process or product innovations, and emerging applications of edible food paints globally. Europe will dominate the edible food paints market in the long-term backed by having the largest market share in global bakery market ~28% followed by North America ~27%. The report encompasses in detailed study about the segments and sub-segments of edible food paints.
Global Edible Food Paints: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Form, the global Edible Food Paints market has been segmented as –
- Liquid Gel
- Gel Paste
On the basis of Nature, the global Edible Food Paints market has been segmented as –
On the basis of End-Use, the global Edible Food Paints market has been segmented as –
- Bakery Products & Confectionery
- Gourmet Foods
- Meat Products
On the basis of Color Type, the global Edible Food Paints market has been segmented as –
Global Edible Food Paints Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Edible Food Paints market are MSK Specialist Ingredients, Real Good Food (Rainbow Colors), and Caroline’s Sugar Art Services, Con Agra, Sara Lee and others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
A positive trend is projected in the Edible Food Paints market due to increase in demand for more innovation, personalization and occasion based sales of food products. The rise in demand for food decoration and in particular to cake decoration has encouraged higher sales of edible food paints. Demand for versatility of edible food paints in terms of a variety of colors with different finishes distinguishes a supplier advantage.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach is followed and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in Edible Food Paints report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the source and applications of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in Edible Food Paints report include:
- An overview of the Edible Food Paints market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Edible Food Paints market and its potential
- Edible Food Paints Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Edible Food Paints market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Edible Food Paints market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Edible Food Paints market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.