Advancements in the domain of gastronomy have led to chefs to perfect several new cuisines and dishes made from edible beans. The wide range of products that are covered under edible beans has played a crucial role in driving sales across the global market. Furthermore, the nutritional value of most of these beans has given a thrust to the growth of the global market. The food industry is focusing on retaining a sustainable supply chain for procuring beans, spices, and other important food products. Abundant availability of edible beans due to their large-scale cultivation has generated fresh revenues within the global market. Moreover, these beans are considered to be important food crops, adding to the food stocks of regional pockets.
- Kidney beans are amongst the most popular category of edible beans, and the former is used in a variety of dishes. Furthermore, continental restaurants serve kidney beans in different gravies. The popularity of kidney beans largely owes to their high nutritional value. This factor, coupled with the low cost of these beans as compared to alternatives, has given a thrust to market growth. A large population of people has shifted from unhealthy eating habits to healthier and nutritional diets. This factor has increased sales across the global edible beans market.
- The growing inclination of the masses towards vegan lifestyles has also brought edible beans under the radar of attention. Vegetarians also prefer edible beans such as pinto bean and black bean over other food options. Availability of special varieties of edible beans such as navy beans has also helped in driving sales across the global market. The next decade shall unravel several new opportunities for sellers and suppliers of edible beans. Development of robust food supply chains shall create new lucrative opportunities for growth across the global edible beans market.
Edible beans are those seeds which are consumed by humans or animals. Edible beans come in a wide variety, which includes kidney beans, navy beans, black bean and pinto beans. All these beans belong to same species i.e. Phaseolus Vulgaris L. but the beans differ in size, shape, and color. Navy beans are small, creamy white beans which are generally costlier than any other bean and primarily produced in India, China, Indonesia, Brazil and the U.S. Black beans are small sized beans that are black in color and is native to Latin America, and these beans are a rich source of anthocyanin. Kidney beans, as the name suggest are beans lectin phytohaemagglutinin, so it is advised to presoak in water and must be boiled carefully to get rid of the toxicity.
Edible beans market is segmented on the basis of source, type, distribution channel, and region. On the basis of source the edible beans market is segmented into organic beans and conventional beans. On the basis of type the edible beans market is segmented into kidney beans, navy beans, black bean, pinto beans and others. On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into supermarket/hypermarket, online stores, specialty stores, grocery stores, and convenience store. Grocery store and convenience store is expected to hold relatively higher revenue share in the edible beans market, which is followed by the supermarket/hypermarket.
Market Regional Outlook:
A regional segment for the market of edible beans is divided into five different regions: North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and MEA. Among these segment, Asia Pacific is expected to have the major market share globally. Moreover, North America has also emerged as a prominent market for edible beans, as the popularity of organic beans is increasing to a significant level in this region.
Edible bean market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period. This rapid growth of edible bean market can be attributed to the growing health consciousness among consumers. According to a study, it has been analyzed that forty-five percent of Americans seek out for organic foods which is the main reason consumers in North America are preferring for organic edible beans over conventional beans. Edible beans are not only a rich source of flavonoid but it also exhibits some special properties such as anti-cholesterol properties, anti-inflammatory property, anti-oxidant property, and anti-cancerous properties. All these versatile properties of edible beans are expected to fuel the growth of the edible beans market. The rising demand for products that have high protein content and high protein fiber is increasing dramatically in countries such as U.K and US. This is the key reason because of which pinto beans are mostly consumed in the U.S. as it is a rich source of protein. Moreover, edible beans are also known to balance the blood sugar level of the body and also provides nutrients such as copper, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium and zinc, which becomes a key factor which is bolstering the growth of the edible beans market. Lastly, with increasing innovation in packaging technology and rapid shift towards consumption of packaged foods in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany and the U.K., coupled with rising consumer preference towards healthy foods is also driving the growth of the global edible beans market.
Market Key Players:
Some of the key players in edible beans market includes Faribault Foods, Bush Brothers & Company, Eden Foods, Inc, Wild Oats Marketing, LLC., The Kroger Co., Green Valley Foods, LLC., Suma Wholefoods, Phalada Pure&Sure, Trader Joe's, Ceres Organics, Bunalun USA and Global Organics, Ltd. among others.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.