Edge AI Chipset Market - Introduction
- Edge AI chipset eliminates the need for transferring bulk data to various data centers or cloud stations. Edge-based AI chipset consumes less power and generates lesser heat in order to be compatible with smartphones and robots.
- Edge AI chipsets offer several benefits in terms of privacy, speed, and data security through processor-enabled machine learning. The edge AI chipset is utilized to run edge AI-based applications, primarily for computing image/video, sound, and voice natural language processing. Demand for edge AI chipset is increasing owing to a rise in focus on data privacy, cybersecurity and low latency
Global Edge AI Chipset Market: Dynamics
Global Edge AI Chipset Market: Key Drivers
- Increase in data due to the use of social media platforms and e-commerce platforms is fueling the need for qualitative processors to handle machine learning tasks. This increase in demand for processors is projected to propel the edge AI chipset market in the next few years.
- Penetration of AI algorithms for machine learning tasks in smartphones, automobiles, and robots further drives the edge AI chipset market
- Demand for the edge AI chipset is also estimated to rise due to the capacity of minimizing the need for data transmission to the cloud stations of edge artificial intelligence chips
- High implementation cost of processors is expected to hinder the edge AI chipset market during the forecast period.
- Increase in adoption of data privacy and security systems in the market offers significant opportunities for the edge AI chipset market
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Edge AI Chipset Market
- The COVID-19 has disrupted every sector of business and government across the globe. It is the first time when employees are working from home for longer periods of time, which has led to an increase in network traffic.
- High integration of AI algorithm in smartphones and robots and the minimal impact of COVID-19 on connectivity technologies such as, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and autonomous solutions fuel the edge AI chipset market. The COVID-19 situation has positively impacted the edge AI chipset market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Edge AI Chipset Market
- In terms of region, the global edge AI chipset market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global edge AI chipset market. High number of AI vendors present in the U.S. and Canada boosts the demand for edge AI chipset in the region.
- Increase in use of IoT devices and high network congestion are key factors that fuel the edge AI chipset market in North America
- High rate of adoption of AI processor based systems in India and China further propels the demand for edge AI chipset in Asia Pacific
- Increasing investments by IT companies to adopt AI algorithm for technological developments in Middle East & Africa drives the edge AI chipset market in the region
Global Edge AI Chipset Market: Competition Landscape
- In the edge AI chipset market, several players are active with a strong presence and acquiring the startups to build new relationships in the market. For instance, in January 2020, Apple, Inc. acquired a U.S based start-up Xnor.ai, which focuses on edge-based AI tools. This acquisitions brings the AI tools of Xnor.ai in newly invented iPhone and webcams to enable image capturing technology.
Key Players Operating in the Global Edge AI Chipset Market Include:
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Alphabet Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Arm Limited
- Google Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- HiSilicon(Shanghai) Technologies CO., Limited
- Intel Corporation
- Imagination Technologies Limited
- Microsoft Corporation
- Mythic Ltd.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Xilinx Inc.
Global Edge AI Chipset Market: Research Scope
Global Edge AI Chipset Market, by Processor
Global Edge AI Chipset Market, by Device Type
- Consumer Devices
- Enterprise Devices
Global Edge AI Chipset Market, by Function
Global Edge AI Chipset Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunications
- Automotive and Transportation
- Aerospace & Defence
Global Edge AI Chipset Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.