ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles: Introduction
- Electronic control unit (ECU) is designed to regulate and carry out the operations of the vehicle’s electronic systems including anti-lock brake system, lane deviation warning system, and fuel injection setup system. The ECU takes inputs from different parts of the vehicle, depending on their function. For instance, the airbags receive inputs from the crash sensor.
- Introduction of connected vehicles, where the ECU is an integral part, boosts the ECU market for autonomous vehicles. In 1970, the ECU was introduced in the automotive industry, which marked a revolution in the automobile industry.
Key Drivers of ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles
- Rise in vehicle production integrated with growing safety standards across the globe is likely to propel the automotive ECU market for autonomous vehicles. Increase in integration of artificial intelligence in vehicles is prompting vehicle manufacturers to develop autonomous vehicles. However, the ECU plays a vital role in the functioning of advanced safety features such as anti-lock braking system, airbags, and the vehicle control system. This is anticipated to boost the ECU market for autonomous vehicles across the globe.
- Rise in integration of infotainment systems in vehicles is likely to propel the ECU market for autonomous vehicles across the globe. Rise in vehicle electrification across the globe is likely to boost the ECU market for autonomous vehicles across the globe. Increase in adoption of advanced features in vehicles, including traffic control system, lane departure warning system, and blind spot monitoring system, is anticipated to propel the ECU market for autonomous vehicles across the globe.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Autonomous Vehicles ECU Market, Request for a Sample
Europe & Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global ECU market for autonomous vehicles
- Europe is projected to account for a major share of the global ECU market for autonomous vehicles due to a rise in the demand for autonomous vehicles. Europe has presence of major original equipment manufacturers as well as tier-1 suppliers, including Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation, and Continental AG who have major facilities that undertake research & development on the ECU, which is likely to propel the ECU market for autonomous vehicles across the globe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global ECU market for autonomous vehicles due to an increase in sale of vehicles across the region. Presence of major automotive parts manufacturing industries across China, India, and Japan is anticipated to propel the ECU market for autonomous vehicles across Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles
The ECU market for autonomous vehicles is expanding consistently, as a large number of players operate in the market. A few of the key players operating in the ECU market for autonomous vehicles are:
- Advics Co.Ltd.
- Altera Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- Continental AG
- Panasonic Corporation
- Texas Instrument
- Pioneer Corporation
- Lear Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
- Hyundai Mobis
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles: Research Scope
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Battery Electric Vehicle(BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles, by Capacity
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles, by Application
- Infotainment & Communication
- Air Bag
- Anti-Lock Brake System
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles, by Sales Channel
Global ECU Market for Autonomous Vehicles, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.