Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market: Introduction
- Eco-friendly green roof is emerging technology that could provide a wide range of benefits to communities. Installation of eco-friendly green roof includes the construction of a vegetative layer on top of a house or building.
- An eco-friendly green roof primarily consists of a vegetation layer, which includes trees, plants, and shrubs. The major benefits of an eco-friendly green roof is reducing energy, greenhouse gas emissions, enhancing storm water management, and decreasing heat by regulating the temperature for the roof and the surrounding areas.
- Developing countries such as China, India, and Singapore witnessed tremendous growth in infrastructure and expansion of the manufacturing sector. These countries offer significant opportunity to manufacturers of eco-friendly green roofs, as governments are also promoting green initiatives to reduce the effects of global warming.
- Companies across the globe are investing considerably in the eco-friendly green roof technology, due to stringent rules and regulation enacted by governments for reduction of greenhouse gasses
Key Drivers and Restraints of Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market
- The eco-friendly green roofs market is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period, as these roofs provide thermal insulation, improve air quality and drainage system, protect the roof, and reduce the effect of global warming. Eco-friendly green roofs regulate temperature, by provide warmth during winter and keeps the roof cool during summers. Eco-friendly green roofs also help improve the air quality by reducing sulfur dioxide, nitrous acid, and carbon dioxide, which in turn is likely to reduce the effect of global warming. These desirable properties of eco-friendly green roofs are expected to drive the eco-friendly green roofs market during forecast period.
- Availability of cheaper substitutes is key factor restraining the eco-friendly green roofs market. Traditional roofs are inexpensive and easy to maintain, as compared to eco-friendly green roofs. Moreover, eco-friendly green roofs may cause leakage if waterproofing is not done properly. Consequently, inexpensive substitutes are expected to restrain the global eco-friendly green roofs market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market Segmentation
- The global eco-friendly green roofs market can be segmented based on type and end-user
- In terms of type, the eco-friendly green roofs market can be segmented into extensive roof, semi-intensive roof, and intensive roof. Demand for extensive roof is high in the commercial sector; hence, the segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Intensive roofs have been gaining popularity in commercial and industrial sector in the last few years. The intensive roof segment is projected to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the eco-friendly green roofs market can be divided into residential, industrial, and commercial. The commercial segment dominated the eco-friendly green roofs market in 2018. It is estimated to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period.
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global eco-friendly green roofs market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global market in 2018. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to various policies and subsidies provided by governments for installation of eco-friendly green roofs in the region. Germany is a leading market in Europe, as the trend to construct an eco-friendly green roof began in Germany in the 1960s. In from 1980s building codes encouraged installation of green roofs in various cities across Germany.
- For instance, it is mandatory to install green roofs for all new developments in Stuttgart. Furthermore, the local government also provides 50% of the cost, up to a maximum of €10,000, for installation of eco-friendly green roofs.
- The market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The U.S. Government has enacted stringent rules and regulations for installation of eco-friendly green roofs. Moreover, it is promoting eco-friendly green roofs by offering tax credit & abatement, floor area ratio bonus, and funding. For instance, in funding, building owners can receive $100 for installation of every square meter of green roof.
- Asia Pacific is also estimated to be a lucrative market for eco-friendly green roofs during forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace, due to industrialization and urbanization in developing countries such as China, India, Singapore, and Indonesia in the region. Initiatives taken by governments across Asia Pacific, to reduce greenhouses gases, are projected to boost the eco-friendly green roofs market in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Market:
- Optigreen international AG
- Green Roof Blocks
- Axter Limited
- Greenroofs.com, LLC.
- Bauder Ltd,
- ZinCo GmbH
- Bender GmbH & Co. KG
- XeroFlor North America
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market: Research Scope
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market, by Type
- Extensive Roof
- Semi-intensive Roof
- Intensive Roof
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market, by End-user
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.