Eco-friendly Green Roofs: Introduction
- Eco-friendly green roof is an emerging technology that could provide a wide range of benefits to communities. Installation of eco-friendly green roof includes the construction of a vegetative layer on top of a house or building.
- Eco-friendly green roof primarily consists of a vegetation layer, which includes trees, plants, and shrubs. The major benefits of an eco-friendly green roof is decline in greenhouse gas emissions; enhancement of storm water management; and decrease in heat by regulating the temperature of the roof and the surrounding areas.
- Developing countries such as China, India, and Singapore have been experiencing significant growth in infrastructure and expansion of the manufacturing sector. These countries offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of eco-friendly green roofs, as governments are also promoting green initiatives to reduce the effects of global warming.
- Companies across the globe are investing considerably in the eco-friendly green roof technology, due to stringent rules and regulation enacted by governments for the reduction of greenhouse gasses
Key Drivers and Restraints of Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market
- The eco-friendly green roofs market is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period, as these roofs provide thermal insulation, improve air quality and drainage system, protect the roof, and reduce the effect of global warming. Eco-friendly green roofs regulate temperature, by providing warmth during winters and keeps the roof cool during summers. Eco-friendly green roofs also help improve the air quality by reducing sulfur dioxide, nitrous acid, and carbon dioxide. This, in turn, is likely to reduce the effect of global warming. These desirable properties of eco-friendly green roofs are expected to drive the eco-friendly green roofs market during forecast period.
- Availability of cheaper substitutes is a key factor restraining the eco-friendly green roofs market. Traditional roofs are inexpensive and easy to maintain as compared to eco-friendly green roofs. Furthermore, eco-friendly green roofs may cause leakage if waterproofing is not done properly. Consequently, inexpensive substitutes are expected to restrain the global eco-friendly green roofs market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic has adversely impacted the eco-friendly green roofs market, as developers have paused investments in the construction of new green roof projects. Construction of green roofs was hampered initially due to the lockdown, as governments of various countries restricted the movement of individuals. However, relaxation of the lockdown is estimated to boost investments in the construction of new projects. This is estimated to drive the global eco-friendly green roofs market in the near future.
Extensive Roof Type Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global eco-friendly green roofs market can be segmented based on type, end-user, and region
- Based on type, the global eco-friendly green roofs market can be segregated into extensive roof, semi-intensive roof, and intensive roof. Demand for extensive roof is high in the commercial sector; hence, the segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Intensive roofs have been gaining popularity in commercial and industrial sectors over the last few years. Thus, the intensive roof segment is projected to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the eco-friendly green roofs market can be divided into residential, industrial, and commercial. The commercial segment dominated the eco-friendly green roofs market in 2020. It is estimated to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period.
Europe Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market
- In terms of region, the global eco-friendly green roofs market can be segregated into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Europe dominated the global market in 2020. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to various policies and subsidies provided by governments for installation of eco-friendly green roofs in the region. Germany is a leading market in Europe, as the trend to construct an eco-friendly green roof began in the country in the 1960s.
- The eco-friendly green roofs market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The U.S. Government has enacted stringent rules and regulations for installation of eco-friendly green roofs. It is promoting eco-friendly green roofs by offering tax credit & abatement, floor area ratio bonus, and funding.
- Asia Pacific is also estimated to be a lucrative region of the global eco-friendly green roofs market during forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace, due to industrialization and urbanization in developing countries such as China, India, Singapore, and Indonesia. Initiatives taken by governments of countries in Asia Pacific to reduce greenhouses gases are projected to boost the eco-friendly green roofs market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global eco-friendly green roofs market include:
- Optigreen international AG
- Green Roof Blocks
- Axter Limited
- Greenroofs.com, LLC.
- Bauder Ltd
- ZinCo GmbH
- Bender GmbH & Co. KG
- XeroFlor North America
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market: Research Scope
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market, by Type
- Extensive Roof
- Semi-intensive Roof
- Intensive Roof
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market, by End-user
Global Eco-friendly Green Roofs Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.