E-boards Market: Introduction
- E-boards are similar to conventional boards except that they use an electric motor for speed control. E-skateboards have emerged as personal transporters during recent years. The battery that fuels the electric motor is mounted under the deck of the boards. The motors are either attached under the deck or inside the wheels. The rider makes a turn by tilting the board to one side or the other. E-boards usually weigh between 10-12 kg and the top speed of these boards can vary from 10 to 60 km per hour. Primary electric components of E-boards include battery, electronic speed controller (ESC), remote control, and bluetooth transmitters.
Key Drivers of the Global E-boards Market
- Rising consumer spending on recreational sports and electric transportation is driving the demand for E-boards across the world. Furthermore, consumers prefer E-boards as a lightweight and sustainable alternative to personal commute. Technology advancement and growing product awareness boosts the continuous introduction of innovative products in local and international markets.
- Growing environment awareness coupled with government initiatives promoting electric transportation is fueling the development of new products across different regions. Key companies are continuously investing in research & development to introduce energy efficient batteries and compact E-boards. This, in turn, is expected to drive the growth of lightweight and portable E-boards in the near future.
Opportunities in the Global E-boards Market
- Technological advancement and the constant introduction of new water sports categories is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for E-surfboards and wakeboards. Additionally, evolving lifestyles and increasing disposable income in developing economies is likely to boost the market demand for different E-boards during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the E-boards Market
- COVID-19 has largely affected consumer purchasing habits and spending patterns. With changing attitudes, consumers are prioritizing their expenses and are willing to pay only for essential products and services. However, reduced face-to-face interactions and changing public transport rules are expected to offer significant opportunities for E-board manufacturers.
Europe identified as the Dominant E-boards Market
- By geography, the global E-boards market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market includes historical and forecast analysis of the E-boards market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the E-boards market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America E-boards market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Europe is witnessing strong research and development activities in the E-boards market. Introduction of lightweight and portable E-boards is the key business strategy of companies in the region. Furthermore, market growth is driven by high consumer awareness and willingness to spend on recreational sports.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key industry players are investing in new product development and novel raw materials. Sustainable business models and IoT enabled supply chains are the key business strategies in the global industry. Online distribution channels are increasingly preferred for sales and marketing. Moreover, companies are focusing on collaboration and partnership with regional suppliers to expand in international markets. Partnerships and collaboration with international distributors allows companies to market and sell their products in overseas markets.
Some of the major companies identified in the global E-boards market are:
- Teamgee Skateboard
- Leif Tech
- MEEPO BOARD
- Ride Awake AB
Global E-boards Market: Research Scope
Global E-boards Market, by Type
- Others (Wakeboard, etc.)
Global E-boards Market, by Size
- Mini Board
- Mid Board
- Full Board
Global E-boards Market, by Speed
- Less than 10 mph
- 10 – 20 mph
- More than 20 mph
Global E-boards Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Stores