Early Toxicity Testing Market: Introduction
- An early toxicity testing or screening is the process of safety assessment which determines the level of tissue or cell damage and maximum safe concentration of any chemical or drug. It is generally performed during preclinical development of products.
- Toxicology testing may also be carried out to determine the approximate amount and type of drugs present in the blood such as alcohol, amphetamine, barbiturates, benzodiazepine, and cocaine
- Key methods used for toxicology testing are in vivo testing, in vitro testing, and in silico testing
- In vivo testing utilizes test animals to carry out desired testing process. It can be categorized into two types: acute in vivo testing (short-term testing) and chronic in vivo testing (long-term testing).
- In vitro experimentation uses isolated cells from different organisms, including humans, depending on the type of cell needed to perform the specific research activity
- In silico method, also known as predictive toxicology testing, is concerned with the development of new non-animal tests that do not simply duplicate existing animal tests but which provide a new scientific basis for safety testing
- Among the testing methods, the in vivo segment dominates the global toxicology testing services market in terms of value, owing to its high cost
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Early Toxicity Testing Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Early Toxicity Testing Market
- Rise in Focus on Early Detection of Toxicity of Chemicals Drives Global Market
- Preclinical toxicology testing studies are carried out for screening the new chemical entity under development in order to analyze its safety and efficacy in animal models before it enters clinical trials in human beings
- Roughly 30% of drugs tested in clinical trials fail due to unanticipated and unacceptable toxicology profiles
- Early detection of toxicity during the preclinical phase can prevent large spending on clinical trials, thus saving R&D expenditure and unnecessary exposure of toxic chemicals to healthy human volunteers participating in the clinical trials
- Thus, the companies involved in the drug development process and the regulatory bodies are focusing on early detection of the toxicity of chemicals
- For this purpose, toxicology studies are outsourced to an expert team from CROs to speed up the process and reduce costs
- Thus, rise in focus on early detection of toxicity is expected to propel the global early toxicity testing market during the forecast period
Early Toxicity Testing Market: Segmentation
- Based on technique, the global early toxicity testing market can be segmented into in vivo, in silico, and in vitro
- In vivo toxicology testing procedure leads the global early toxicity testing market, in terms of value, due to high cost associated with this type of testing technique
- In vivo toxicology testing is lengthy, expensive, and painful to animals used in the testing procedures. Many ethical groups forbid the use of animals for chemical toxicity research and testing. It contributed to new toxicology testing methods, such as in vitro and in silico tests.
- Based on end-user, the global early toxicity testing market can be categorized into pharmaceuticals industry, cosmetics industry, chemicals industry, food industry, and others
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Early Toxicity Testing Market, Request for a Sample
Emerging Economies to Offer Growth Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global early toxicity testing market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America constitutes the largest market for early toxicity testing. This can be attributed to stringent regulations by USFDA governing safety assessment of the products, high research & development funds, presence of leading toxicology testing service provider CROs in the region, and high consumer awareness about safety of the products.
- Asia Pacific is a lucrative market for toxicology testing services. The market in the region is expected to expand at significantly high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in preference to CROs in this region due to high quality services offered by them in low cost and high speed, presence of skilled labor, and opening of preclinical testing centers in areas such as China, India, Japan, & Australia by leading players in the market. .
Key Service Providers Operating in Global Market
The global early toxicity testing market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global early toxicity testing market include:
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Charles River Laboratories, Inc.
- Eurofins Scientific
- Bureau Veritas
- Evotec AG
- Merck KGaA
- SGS Group
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC. (PPD)
- WuXi AppTec
Global Early Toxicity Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Early Toxicity Testing Market, by Technique
- In Vivo
- In Vitro
- In Silico
Global Early Toxicity Testing Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Cosmetics Industry
- Chemicals Industry
- Food Industry
Global Early Toxicity Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.