E-rickshaw Market: Introduction
- Increase in sales and production of electric vehicles as an alternative for fuel-based mobility, owing to several government initiatives and environmental regulations on the electric vehicle industry, is projected to drive the e-rickshaw market
- An e-rickshaw is used for passenger commute and load transportation, and it is accepted as a key alternative to petrol, diesel, and CNG auto rickshaws. E-rickshaws are cheaper, faster, and cleaner to maintain as compared to traditional auto rickshaws. An e-rickshaw has several electronic components such as electric battery, throttle, controller, motor, and harness, which are together used to drive the vehicle.
Key Drivers of E-rickshaw Market
- E-rickshaws are considered less risky than conventional auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws, as they does not require peddling or fuel for commute and hence, witness high demand. Increasing investment by manufacturers of electric vehicles to design and develop more affordable and energy-efficient rickshaws is expected to drive the demand for e-rickshaws. Moreover, an e-rickshaw provides viable economic and low-cost transportation for daily commuters. Additionally, consistent rise in sales of electric vehicles across the world is boosting the e-rickshaw market.
- Environment regulatory policies enacted by governments state that electric vehicles are more preferable to diesel and petrol vehicles. A major advantage of an e-rickshaw is that it reduces the level of carbon emission from the vehicle and helps to keep the environment green. An e-rickshaw helps to bridge the public transport service gaps between the commuters. Moreover, the cost per person per kilometer is very low for e-rickshaw public transport.
Challenges in E-rickshaw Market
- The cost of charging station and quality of EV batteries are considered to be primary challenges to their adoption. Moreover, e-rickshaws cannot be utilized when its battery is being recharged, as it needs to be connected at one place.
- Furthermore, overcharging of EV batteries can cause severe issues to the vehicle, which includes shortage of water in the battery, rusting of grid, spoilage of the battery material. This further hampers functioning of the vehicles. The automotive supply chain and transportation channel were disrupted due to the onset of COVID-19 pandemic, which impacted the supply of raw material, hampered the manufacturing processes of electric vehicles and hindered the demand for e-rickshaws. Additionally, national and international lockdowns have reduced the demand for public transportation in order to curb the spread of the coronavirus. Even after the pandemic crisis, most people are not likely to opt for shared mobility, which in turn can also hamper the e-rickshaw market.
Opportunities in E-rickshaw Market
- Increased number of partnerships with public and government authorities by EV manufacturers is expected to propel the e-rickshaw market during forecast period. Several local players manufacturing electric vehicles import different components of the vehicles such as axles, battery management systems, and motors and assemble them locally, which further boost the sales of e-rickshaws. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are focusing on the development of electric rickshaws due to a rise in the demand for e-rickshaws.
- Countries across the globe are offering incentives to manufacturers of electric vehicles and its components to enhance electric vehicle production and usage. In India, The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), NITI Aayog, under the National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage formulated a plan that promotes electric vehicles in 2-wheeler and 3-wheeler segment and has planned to ban all internal combustion (IC) engines. Similarly, six countries across Europe have introduced additional green recovery incentives to promote sales of electric vehicles. These incentives are offering significant opportunity for manufacturers of electric rickshaw.
E-rickshaw Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of electric vehicles is increasing in Asia Pacific and across the world, owing to the decline in production costs of EV, increasing installation of charging infrastructure, and rising incentives by governments to reduce carbon emission from vehicles. Moreover, governments in Asia Pacific have announced initiatives, such as Alternate Fuel for Surface Transportation Program and National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020, which helps increase awareness among consumers and further increases the adoption of electric vehicles. Moreover, OEMs in Asia Pacific are progressively investing in the electric vehicle sector, which in turn is driving the demand for e-rickshaw in the region.
- The e-rickshaw market in Europe is also expanding significantly due to rising investments in infrastructure and manufacturing of electric vehicles across the region. Moreover, Europe also witnessed strong sales during the first half of 2020, owing to better supply of new and improved electric vehicles.
Key Players Operating in E-rickshaw Market
The global e-rickshaw market is moderately consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global e-rickshaw market are:
- Kinetic Green Energy & Power Solutions Ltd.
- Lohia Auto
- Saera Electric Auto Pvt. Ltd.
- Adapt Motors Pvt. Ltd (AMPL)
- Power Solutions Ltd.
- Hero Electric Vehicles Pvt. Ltd.
- Terra Motors Corporation
- Clean Motion India
- A G International Pvt. Ltd
- Xuzhou Hongsengmeng group Co., Ltd
- Wuxi Berang International Trading Co., Ltd
- Mini Metro EV LLP
Global E-rickshaw Market: Research Scope
Global E-rickshaw Market, by Motor Power
- Below 1,000 W
- 1,000–1,500 W
- Above 1,500 W
Global E-rickshaw Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Carrier
- Load Carrier
Global E-rickshaw Market, by Battery Capacity
- Below 3 kWh
- 3-6 kWh
- Above 6 kWh
Global E-rickshaw Market, by Battery Type
- Lithium-Ion Battery
- Lead Acid Battery
Global E-rickshaw Market, by Battery Range
- Up to 50 Miles
- More than 50 Miles
Global E-rickshaw Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.