E-glass Market: Overview
Glass fiber is a versatile industrial material, which can be easily manufactured from its raw materials. It exhibits characteristics such as transparency, hardness, chemical attack resistance, and stability, along with fiber properties such as stiffness, flexibility, and strength. Glass fibers are utilized in the production of printed circuit boards, structural composites, and an array of special-purpose products.
The letter “e” in e-glass (also known as e-class glass fiber) stands for “electrical grade” which points toward its low electrical conductivity. E-glass is also known to possess limited thermal expansion coefficients, which makes it more resistant to thermal shock than common glass. It is not affected by thermal stress and is generally used to manufacture glassware that can be used in laboratories, cooking, and for other general purposes.
E-glass was initially developed for standoff insulators for electrical wiring. It was also found to possess excellent fiber-forming capabilities. Therefore, it commonly acts as a reinforcement agent in fiberglass, which is made up of special polymer reinforced with glass fiber, also known as glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) or glass-fiber reinforced plastic (GFRP). The percentage of e-glass in the composition varies depending on the type of fiberglass required. A type of alumino-borosilicate glass composed of less than 1% w/w alkali oxides, e-glass is highly preferred in the production of fiberglass and other glass fiber-reinforced composites due to its low cost, high stiffness & strength, heat & chemical resistance, non-flammable property, and electrical insulation.
E-glass Market Trends
Use of glass fiber over asbestos has increased as the latter causes cancer. However, there are concerns regarding glass fiber as well, since its composition includes silicate fibers, which are responsible for toxicity. Therefore, environment-friendly, boron-free e-glass has been developed and replaced the boron-containing variety.
A common application of e-glass is the production of glass fiber-reinforced composites. This segment is expected to dominate the market due to its uses in various industries such as storage tanks, GRP & GRE pipes, traffic lights, ship hulls, rowing shells & oars, auto body parts, helmets, surfboards, tent poles, antenna covers & structures, and others.
E-glass Market Segmentation
Based on type, the market can be segmented into boron-containing and boron-free varieties.
In terms of application, the market can be divided into the following categories: reinforcement agent (glass fiber composites), glassware, insulation, semiconductors, lighting, optics, and others.
By end-user, the market divisions include transportation, building & construction, industrial, wind turbine, consumer goods, electronics, and others.
E-glass Market: Region-wise Outlook
The market for e-glass is distributed over various locations across the globe depending on its industry application in that region. The dominating end-users of the market are building & construction and transportation. In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific leads the market, followed by Europe and North America, as a majority of manufacturers are positioned in these regions. China, India, and Japan in Asia Pacific and Germany, France, and the U.K. in Europe are likely to be the prominent consumers of e-glass due to the presence of key players in these countries.
E-glass Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the e-glass market include AGY, Jiangsu Jiuding New Material Co. Ltd, Jushi Group Co. Ltd., Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd, Novalglass.com, Owens Corning, PBM Insulations Pvt. Ltd., PPG Industries Inc, Rex Sealing & Packing Industries Pvt. Limited, SCHOTT AG, SGG, and Shenzhen Sun Global Glass Co. Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.