Dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA) is the analysis technique to understand the viscoelastic and other physical properties of polymers. In this technique, different parameters are applied such as oscillating frequency, temperature, time, stress, atmosphere, and others to estimate the viscoelastic characters of the material such as stiffness (storage and loss modulus), energy dissipation (damping), dynamic viscosity, glass transition temperature, etc. DMA has proven to be more useful compared to conventional thermo-mechanical analysis as it can characterize the sample polymer based on different parameters besides temperature. Dynamic mechanical analyzers have their applications spanning in different industries. Study of viscoelastic parameters are polymers user in pharmaceutical and biomedical industry are of great importance as the characteristics of these polymers can affect the clinical performance of drug delivery systems and medical devices.
Several polymeric materials are used in health care such as components in medical devices, tissue engineering scaffolds, fixation, and regeneration of tissues. These health care products are becoming more complex in design and composition to be more efficient and give better performance. These items undergo great stress and varied environments (temperature, strain) during their operations. It becomes important for researchers and product developers to characterize those materials in order to avoid failure. DMA applications in achieving these goals are expected to drive the usage of DMA in the near future. The varied applications of dynamic mechanical analyzer such as understanding product dimensional stabilities, impact properties, temperature performance, and adhesion over the conventional thermo-mechanical analyzers are expected to drive the market. The dynamic mechanical analyzers market is expected to witness strong growth driven by technological advancements and industry players thriving to have an added advantage over competitors in their product features. Additionally, in order to comply with the stringent regulatory laws in product development and clinical trials for new health care products, industry players are focused on developing better quality products. This is expected to propel the global DMA market. However, high cost associated with dynamic mechanical analyzers and their limited access is expected to bolster the growth for dynamic mechanical analyzers market.
Based on product type, the dynamic mechanical analyzers market has been segmented into forced resonance analyzers and free resonance analyzers. Owing to limitations of free resonance DMA in compatibility of the sample type and shape, their application are lesser when compared to forced resonance DMA. Most of the industry players are offering forced DMA. DMA applies stress and strain on a sample to analyze its characteristics. In terms of strain and stress application method, the dynamic mechanical analyzers market has been segmented into axial analyzers and torsional analyzers. Axial analyzers are more suitable for solid and high viscous samples, while fluids, polymer melts, and even solids can be analyzed with torsional analyzer.
Major end-users of dynamic mechanical analyzers are contract research organizations (CRO), pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device manufacturers, and research institutes. Most of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and medical device manufacturers are posed to outsource the sample analyzing process to contract research organizations due to high cost of the equipment and its limited use. Hence, contract research organizations provide the sample analysis services to OEMs and other industry. The contract research organizations market is expected to hold prominent position in the dynamic mechanical analyzers market.
Geographically, the global dynamic mechanical analyzers market has been segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is expected to lead the global dynamic mechanical analyzers market owing to high acceptance of technology advancements and higher research projects being carried out. Stringent health care regulations for quality products and demand for advanced health care products are expected to propel the dynamic mechanical analyzers market in the region. Europe is expected to account for a significant share of the global dynamic mechanical analyzers market due to large industry base. Rising expenditure on technically advanced health care products and industrial evolution in emerging markets such as India, China, and Japan are projected to boost the growth of the dynamic mechanical analyzers market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period from 2016 to 2024.
Major players operating in the market include Mettler-Toledo International, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH, Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Psylotech, Inc., Alpha Technologies, Anton-Paar GmbH, Acoem Group, and Illinois Tool Works Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.