Dye Sublimation Printing Market – Overview
Dye sublimation printing is known for providing high-quality photographic results. It has become a popular method of printing on suitable materials. One of the significant factors that are found to be attractive about dye sublimation printing is that it directly goes from solid stage to gas without entering the liquid phase. Sublimation transfer paper in dye sublimation printing utilizes heat to initiate the conversion and pressure to control it. The result obtained is a permanent, good quality print that won’t fade, peel, crack, or wash away with time. The urge to provide better quality characteristics led to innovations which enabled dye sublimation printing on both fabrics and rigid materials. They are better than the conventionally used other printers in terms of graphics quality and the speed of printing. Hard items like ceramics and metals would require a particular type of coating to accept the dye sublimation printing inks. The dye sublimation printing technique requires two things –
- Special transfer paper for printing graphics using sublimation inks
- Heat press to transfer the image from special transfer paper to the item you want
Certain other factors are also essential while choosing the sublimation paper like ink capacity, print speed, and others. Rapid growth in the digital textile market will contribute to the growth of dye sublimation printing market. The outlook for growth of the global dye sublimation printing market is therefore expected to be positive during the forecast period.
Dye Sublimation Printing Market – Dynamics
Dye sublimation printing has broad applications ranging from fashion to soft signage. It utilizes heat sensitive inks for printing. The dye sublimation printing market is anticipated to witness an upright growth because of its multiple applications in various industries. Mainly used in textile printing, and the increased population will directly influence its market growth. Polymer treated materials available in the market, which includes aluminum, plastic, glass, hardboard sheet materials, and others can be used for dye sublimation printing. Dye sublimation printing is considered eco-friendly due to –
- Minimum waste of dye as it does not go through the liquid phase
- It could be used multiple times to print more than once
The dynamic photographic results obtained by dye sublimation printing would be responsible for the rise in dye sublimation printing market. A few downsides to dye sublimation printing are –
- The choice of material available is limited
- Requires polymer based surface
- They aren’t the most eco-friendly options out in the market
- An expensive method because the pieces of equipment are quite costly
This could lead to the slow growth of the respective market. In the coming years, dye sublimation printing could be used in decorating packaging materials, which could be an easy way to advertise any product creatively. Packaging materials act as the first point of contact at stores as they can be used for advertisement.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Dye Sublimation Printing Market – Segmentation
Segmentation of dye sublimation printing market –
On the basis of types of heat press, the global dye sublimation printing market has been segmented into–
- Small format heat press
- Calendar heat press
- Flatbed heat press
- 3D vacuum heat press
On the basis of application, the global dye sublimation printing market has been segmented into –
- Interior decoration
- Textiles & apparels
- Promotional items
- Awards & Photo gifts
Dye Sublimation Printing Market – Regional outlook
Europe has played a significant role in the development of dye sublimation printing in the textile industry. The Asia Pacific has and continues to contribute to be the key market in dye sublimation printing. The increase in the demand for textiles will also contribute to the growth of dye sublimation printing market globally.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Dye Sublimation Printing Market – Key players
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- MTEX NS, S.A.
- Negi Sign Systems & Supplies Co.
- Roland DGA Corporation
- Sawgrass Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- HP Development Company, L.P.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.