Dust Suppressants Market for Mining: Introduction
- Dust suppressant chemicals are used to control dust in various places such as roads, construction sites, and mining sites. They can range from water to palliative materials, including saline solutions based on magnesium chloride (MgCl2), calcium chloride (CaCl2), and sodium chloride (NaCl).
- Dust is created in every step of the mining process, including extraction, storage & transportation, processing, mine construction, etc., and thus, companies need to monitor and control dust emissions at every stage. Dust suppression plays a vital role in the mining industry to meet environmental safety and health requirements, which is a major threat for the workforce working in the environment. Dust produced during material processing operations is a major source of airborne fumes in the mining industry.
- Dust can create a large number of problems in mining operations, such as equipment failure, low-visibility, health problems, etc. Dust also creates a potentially explosive environment. Thus, dust suppressants are used in the mining industry.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Dust Suppressants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining
- Rise in demand for clean energy and concerns related to safety of workers is expected to expand the dust suppressants market for mining in the next few years. Moreover, the mining industry is adhering to various safety regulations, which include the usage of dust suppressants across the globe to avoid possible fines and damages.
- Awareness about dust control systems and smart manufacturing in the mining industry, and increase in investments are anticipated to fuel the growth of the dust suppressants market for mining
- Increase in production of metals, such as iron and copper ore, coupled with new projects and expansions of the mining field has created opportunities for mining companies. This factor is likely to propel the expansion of the dust suppressants market for mining.
- Growth of the mining industry and rise in need for dust control products are boosting the global dust suppressants market for mining. Furthermore, technology advancements and innovation in methods of dust suppression are creating opportunities for companies operating in the global dust suppressants market for mining.
Wet Dust Suppressants Type Segment to Dominate Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining
- Various factors including low injury rates, grade control, better recovery of mined products, and flexibility act as major factors propelling the global dust suppressants market for mining. Policies and regulations focusing on health and safety of workers are expected to increase the demand for wet suppressants in the mining industry.
- Wet dust suppressants type segment dominates the global market. A wet dust suppressants solution is applied on dust-prone surfaces. This solution binds dust particles to the surface and reduces dust emission.
High Maintenance Cost of Dust Suppression Equipment to Hamper Market
- High maintenance cost of equipment used for dust suppression and lack of funding by governments or other investors are major factors negatively impacting the usage of dust suppressants in mining
- Slowdown of mining activities in Europe, compliance with dust standards, weak mandates, lack of strict policies, unavailability of proper suppressing agents to absorb dust, and high cost of dust control equipment are few factors hampering the growth of the dust suppressants market for mining
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Dust Suppressants Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining
- In terms of region, the global dust suppressants market for mining can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global dust suppressants market for mining, owing to a robust mining sector in countries such as China, Australia, and India. The untapped exploration and drilling potential in India is expected to provide growth opportunities for the dust suppressants market for mining in the country.
- Opportunities for mineral explorations, increase in investments, and availability of infrastructure and resources have led to the expansion of the dust suppressants market for mining in Middle East & Africa. This market in Latin America is projected to grow at a significant rate due to the booming end-use industries, such as mining, in countries, including Chile and Peru.
Key Players in Global Market
The expansion of manufacturing facilities and sales network of key players coupled with substantial investments in research and development for the production of non-petroleum-based wet suppressants is estimated to drive the global dust suppressants market for mining during the forecast period.
The dust suppressants market for mining is dominated by domestic players operating in the market. Key players operating in the global dust suppressants market for mining are:
- Quaker Chemical Corporation
- Wet Earth Mining
- Dust & Water Solutions
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Arclin Inc.
- GE Corporation
Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining: Research Scope
Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining, by Type
- Wet Dust Suppressants
- Dry Dust Suppressants
Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining, by Application
- Mine Haul Roads
- Longwall Mining
Global Dust Suppressants Market for Mining, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.