Dunnage Air Bags Market
Dunnage Air Bags Market (Material Type: Poly-woven DAB, Kraft Paper DAB, and Vinyl DAB; Bag Type: 2 Ply, 4 Ply, 6 Ply, and 8 Ply; and End Use: Truck, Overseas, and Railway) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2030
Press Release :
COVID-19 Outbreak: Rise of eCommerce Platforms Helps Companies Stay Afloat
The year 2020 proved to be challenging for trade, transportation, and the dunnage air bags market. However, gradual recovery is expected in 2021, as a densely populated country such as India and other countries including Europe and Brazil are still struggling with the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The shipping industry, being at the heart of the global trade, has been worst hit by the coronavirus crisis and disrupted trade activities to an extraordinary degree, whilst driving up the cost of shipping goods.
Despite supply chain and transportation problems, the rise of the eCommerce coupled with high sales of FMCG and pharmaceutical goods is creating a positive impact on the dunnage air bags market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Dunnage Air Bags Market
Polywoven DABs Prevent Puncture, Ensure High Strength During Transportation
Companies across the U.S. are heavily invested in flexible packaging operations involving air pillows, dunnage bags, and bubble packaging. However, dunnage air bags (DABs) are susceptible to pointed and sharp items such as nails, which might lead to the puncture of its inflated internal polyethylene bladder. Hence, manufacturers in the dunnage air bags market are increasing their production capabilities in superior polywoven dunnage bags that have high resistance to puncture and moisture.
Manufacturers are increasing the availability of polywoven dunnage bags that are capable of maintaining their strength during an entire trip. In order to boost credibility credentials, these bags undergo independent tests that demonstrate as secure solutions for transportation activities. This is evident since polywoven DABs are predicted to dominate the second-highest revenue among all material types in the market during the projected tenure.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
AAR Verified, Reusable DABs Being Used to Transport Heavy Paper Rolls
Safety and security of cargos in the railway, roadway, and sea transportation is of key importance. International Dunnage - a provider of cost-effective dunnage bag solutions with a superior service, is providing eco-friendly and AAR (Association of American Railroads) verified inflatable dunnage bags that help to secure the clients’ cargo delivery. As such, manufacturers in the dunnage air bags market are boosting their output capacities in paper DABs and polypropylene paper laminated bags to expand their revenue streams.
There is a growing demand for DABs to transport heavy paper rolls and metal coils shipped in rail cars with heavy load weights. Manufacturers in the dunnage air bags market are innovating in reusable square bags meant for light-duty applications.
High Performance Extensible Kraft Paper Dabs Preferred in Ocean Freight Applications
Kraft paper DABs are anticipated to grow at an exponential rate in the dunnage air bags market during the forecast period. Southern Packaging, LP - a distributor and manufacturer of industrial bulk bags, is taking advantage of this opportunity to strengthen its portfolio in Kraft paper DABs constructed of 2, 4, 6 and 8 plies of paper. The high performance extensible Kraft paper provides a high co-efficient of friction between the dunnage bag and the palletized products, and this is ideal for truck, intermodal, and ocean freight applications.
Manufacturers in the dunnage air bags market are developing 100% recyclable Kraft paper DABs that are easy to inflate, install, deflate, and remove.
Broad Supply Networks Help Fast Deliveries in Automobile, Chemical Production Industries
Companies in the dunnage air bags market are exercising complete control over the quality of the materials used in products. Etap Packaging International GmbH is being highly publicized for their comprehensive product portfolio in 3D (3 dimensional) dunnage bags, Kraft paper DABs, and polypropylene dunnage bags that suit specific client needs. These DABs help to prevent transport damage in containers, trains, and trucks.
Automobiles, construction, beverages, and chemical production industries are helping manufacturers in the dunnage air bags market unlock revenue opportunities. Since the packaging industry is highly fragmented in nature, manufacturers are increasing efforts to broaden their network to ensure fast delivery times worldwide.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Dunnage Air Bags Market
The major focus on DAB innovations and robust service quality is emerging as an effective strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Professional protection, ease of use, and cost savings are important aspects of dunnage air bags. However, DABs are susceptible to puncture due to sharp objects including nails. Hence, companies in the dunnage air bags market should increase their production for premium polywoven dunnage bags that have a high resistance to puncture and moisture. The 100% recyclable and AAR certified Kraft paper DABs are prominent in U.S. flexible packaging operations. Customizable dunnage bags are emerging as a cost efficient way to secure lightweight cargos during shipments.
Dunnage Air Bags Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global dunnage air bags market for the forecast period of 2021-2030, the market is estimated to grow, owing to the demand from shipping & logistics industry
- The global dunnage air bags market is expected to increase 1.5 times of current market value during the forecast period. Consistently growing eCommerce industry creates a huge demand for dunnage air bags.
- A massive range of buyers across the globe is targeting almost every segment within the plastic packaging industry, including dunnage air bags. This is anticipated to boost the market growth for dunnage air bags in the near future.
Need for Cargo Safety Materials in Logistics Companies
- Dunnage air bag is a technology-driven industry. New types and variants of dunnage air bags made of plastics, polypropylene, and also of Kraft paper are resulting in fewer damages of products, while transit by sea or by road & rail.
- Dunnage air bags are now becoming a regular trend for global shipping companies; these companies are spread across the world and other countries are also complying to packaging trends followed by these companies
- Companies offering dunnage air bags for safe-keeping of cargo while transit can assure safety of goods from any kind of damage that existed before provided by plastics and papers as filler materials. Usage of dunnage air bags has resulted in decline of damage rates of cargo while in transit through air, sea & transportation.
Retail Sector Witnessing Demand for Dunnage Air Bags in Emerging Markets
- Over the years, dunnage air bags have been used by manufacturing companies to deliver the product safely to the end user. However now, retail sector is employing the use of dunnage air bags during the transportation of the product by road, rail, or waterways. Majority of all the shipments in the U.S. are carried out with the help of the eCommerce platform through truck trailers, which make use of dunnage air bags. Not only large products but also small products, which are luxurious and valuable in nature are also protected with the help of dunnage air bags.
- eCommerce or the retail industry are majorly involved in using the flexible packaging material, which, in turn, aims to give customer satisfaction on the delivery of the product. Moreover, dunnage air bags will continue to dominate due to cost-efficiency and versatility. Moreover, increasing focus on customized packaging according to the product-fit for the item being shipped is anticipated to boost the demand for dunnage market in the retail sector.
Eco-friendly, Dually Dunnage Air Bag Matching Ongoing Trend, Demand
- Dually dunnage air bags are comparatively lighter and easier to handle than the square dunnage air bag, as well as are more cost-efficient. In addition, are sustainable, can be reused in road transportation as well as have high burst pressure, which result in the overall performance of the dunnage air bags. Furthermore, the reusability feature attracts market players and saves cost. Overall, the dually dunnage air bags are the new product that companies can develop to increase their market share.
- Cargo Tuff LLC developed the dually dunnage air bag in October 2020, which is easier to handle and saves cost
- Rising regulations and ongoing trends toward using eco-friendly products are leading manufacturers to produce products to match the ongoing trend. The manufacturers can produce eco-friendly dunnage air bags.
- Wenzhou Lianhai Bag company Ltd. developed eco-friendly dunnage air bags on July 8 2020. This dunnage air bag is compatible with the trending sustainable environmental concern regarding the use of eco-friendly raw material for manufacturing the product.
Dunnage Air Bags Market: Key Findings
- Dunnage air bags made of Kraft paper DAB are anticipated to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 144 Mn by the end of 2030. Kraft paper dunnage air bags are sustainable in nature and therefore, are preferred more as compared to other material types.
- The 2 ply dunnage air bags segment is anticipated to dominate over other bag types. The 2 ply dunnage air bags are medium-sized bags with 2 ply construction composed of inner polyethylene bag and two layers of waterproof Kraft paper. Therefore, the segment is expected to hold a market share of more than 30% by the end of 2030.
- In terms of end use, dunnage air bags are majorly used for overseas shipments and is anticipated to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 117 Mn by the end of 2030
- North America dunnage air bags market is expected to grow by 2.1x of its current market value during the forecast period. Huge production scales is expected to drive the dunnage air bags market in the region during the forecast period.
Dunnage Air Bags Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global dunnage air bags market is highly fragmented, owing to the presence of a large number of domestic players in the market. This competition among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the company.
- TMR Group includes outlines of key players in the latest dunnage air bags market study, which includes
- Cordstrap B.V.
- Green Label Packaging
- Atmet Group Inc
- Stopak India Pvt. Ltd.
- Shippers Products
- Shippers Europe Sprl
- Bates Cargo-Pak APS
- Litco International, Inc.
- Cargo Tuff LLC
- Bulk-Pack, Inc.
- Etap Packaging International GmbH
- International Dunnage AS
- Plastix USA LLC
- Tianjin Zerpo Supply Co. Ltd.
- Atlas Dunnage
- Guangzhou Packbest Air Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Phoebese Industrial (Shanghai) Co, Ltd
- Vir Engineers
- Eltete Middle East FZ LLC
- Down River, Inc.
- TMR distinguished these dunnage air bags market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs. Among these players, Cordstrap BV, Shippers Products, Bulk Pack, Inc., and International Dunnage AS are identified as Tier 1 companies. The Tier 2 players include Stopak India Private Limited, Bates Cargo Pak APS, Litco International, Inc., Etap Packaging International GmbH, Plastix USA LLC, Atlas Dunnage, Phoebese Industrial Company Limited, and Vir Engineers, among others.
Impact of COVID-19 on Dunnage Air Bags Market
- The pandemic spread to the rest of the world, leading to lockdowns and border closures that restricted the movement of goods. Additional protocols (such as social distancing at warehouses) introduced to ensure safety of workers contributed to bottlenecks for freight.
- Disruptions in manufacturing rippled through global supply chains. Cargo was backlogged at major container ports, travel restrictions led to a shortage of truck drivers to pick up containers and ocean carriers canceled (or blanked) sailings. The resulting shortage of components impacted manufacturing operations overseas. Major industries around the world, including automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and supplies, as well as consumer goods were affected.
- Delay in shipping due to less availability of ocean freight is experienced. Considerable constraints to ocean freight around the world are impacting both key exporters, such as Brazil, China, India, and Mexico as well as importers including the European Union. Weak demand will continue to affect routes between Asia and Europe, the United States, and Latin America. Consequently, additional blank sailings are expected in the upcoming weeks.
Dunnage Air Bags Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global dunnage air bags market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2030. In the study, growth opportunity for the dunnage air bags market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the dunnage air bags market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Dunnage Air Bags Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the dunnage air bags market?
- Which end use will be most lucrative for dunnage air bags?
- What will be market size for dunnage air bags by the end of 2030?
- Which is the most preferred type of dunnage air bags in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which end use will generate maximum incremental opportunities in the global dunnage air bags market?
- Who are major key players in the dunnage air bags market?
Key indicators associated with the dunnage air bags market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global dunnage air bags market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of dunnage air bags. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the dunnage air bags market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the dunnage air bags market are provided on the basis of material type, bag type, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The dunnage air bags market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the dunnage air bags market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of dunnage air bags manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end uses of dunnage air bags.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the dunnage air bags market report include Cordstrap B.V.,Green Label Packaging, Atmet Group Inc, Stopak India Pvt. Ltd., Shippers Products, Shippers Europe Sprl, Bates Cargo-Pak APS, Litco International, Inc., Cargo Tuff LLC, Bulk-Pack, Inc., Etap Packaging International GmbH, International Dunnage AS, Plastix USA LLC, Tianjin Zerpo Supply Co. Ltd., Atlas Dunnage, Guangzhou Packbest Air Packaging Co. Ltd., Phoebese Industrial (Shanghai) Co, Ltd, Vir Engineers, Eltete Middle East FZ LLC and Down River, Inc.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the dunnage air bags market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the dunnage air bags market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the dunnage air bags market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Dunnage Air Bags Market – Segmentation
The global dunnage air bags market has been divided on the basis of material type, bag type, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.