Dual Rotor Wind Turbine: Introduction
- Dual rotor wind turbine consists of two rotor systems on the same tower positioned horizontally at upwind and downwind locations, and a generator installed vertically inside the tower
- Dual rotor wind turbine is designed by using two rotor systems on the same shaft that rotate in the same direction. The right-angle drive in the nacelle turns a drive shaft to transmit power down tower to generators mounted at the base of the turbine.
- Dual rotor wind turbine needs to be mounted on a vertical axis on the highest point in a house or building. It consists of two rotors with three blades 120 degree away from each other so that there is space between the two rotors, the blade geometry, and the turbine design.
- Dual rotor wind turbine is used to improve the maximum power coefficient of a wind turbine. Additionally, dual rotor wind turbine has the advantage of extra energy capture. The wind energy that is wasted by the front rotor can be used by the rear rotor. Thus, double torque from front and rear rotor is achieved.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Dual Rotor Wind Turbine Market
- Dual rotor wind turbine can be used to mitigate the wake losses caused by mixing of air. It can also be used to improve turbine performance and wind farm efficiency. Wake losses in wind farms resulting from the ingestion of upstream turbine wakes by downstream turbines range between 8% to 40% of wind energy harvesting efficiency. Thus, dual rotor wind turbines help minimize wake losses. This is expected to boost the global dual rotor wind turbine market during the forecast period.
- The world is shifting toward the use renewable energy sources, such as wind, solar, and geothermal, in order to achieve development in an environmentally sustainable manner. Consequently, investments in the renewable energy sector have increased significantly. This, in turn, is projected to augment the demand for dual rotor wind turbine in the near future.
- Ambitious national targets, rapid technological advancements, and international agreements have prompted countries across the world to turn toward the renewable energy sector and upgrade their power infrastructure. This is anticipated to augment the global dual rotor wind turbine market between 2020 and 2030.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Restraints of Global Dual Rotor Wind Turbine Market
- The design of dual rotor wind turbine has complications. The size of the gearbox is also more than single rotor wind turbine. Thus, the cost of dual rotor wind turbine is high. However, research has proved that about 5% increase in efficiency in dual rotor wind turbine would reduce the payback period. Thus, increase in cost of dual rotor wind turbine is estimated to hamper the global dual rotor wind turbine market.
- In July 2017, Airgenesis LLC, a Canada-based company involved in designing of double rotor wind turbines, announced that it had formed a new partnership with investment firm M2Miling Investments Ltd. from Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Under the partnership, the two companies will manufacture and distribute the M2Y6Y 5 MW double-rotor wind turbine globally. According to Airgenesis LLC, its turbine design uses two rotors of equal diameter at a 30-degree offset.
- In June 2017, the world's first twin rotor floating wind turbine was moored and hooked up at a testing site in the Atlantic Ocean off the Spanish island of Gran Canaria in Spain. The 1:6 scale W2Power prototype, built at the Astican shipyard in Las Palmas, is ready to be trialed at the PLOCAN marine testing center by a development consortium led by EnerOcean.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Dual Rotor Wind Turbine Market
- Based on region, the global dual rotor wind turbine market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to be a key region of the global dual rotor wind turbine market from 2020 to 2030. High investments in renewable energy generation and increase in government subsidies are likely to drive the market in the region between 2020 and 2030
- Europe is also considered a pioneer in offshore wind energy. The region has the oldest offshore facilities. This offers significant opportunities to players in the dual rotor wind turbine manufacturing sector of wind turbines.
- The dual rotor wind turbine market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to extensive agricultural land and attempts to reduce the use of fossil fuel energy in the region. Government initiatives for pollution-free and clean energy are also expected to drive the dual rotor wind turbine market in the region during the forecast period.
- On the other hand, the size of the U.S. dual rotor wind turbine market is projected to double by the end of the forecast period. Renewable energy projects in the U.S. are likely to benefit from multi-year federal tax incentives and several state-level favorable policies for solar energy in the next few years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. The wind power industry is estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of demand & supply, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
- Key players operating in the market must ensure adequate liquidity to sustain in the market. This would help companies recover sooner from the COVID-19 crisis.
Prominent Players Operating in Global Market
- Airgenesis LLC is the major player operating in the global dual rotor wind turbine market
Global Dual Rotor Wind Turbine Market, by Turbine Size
Global Dual Rotor Wind Turbine Market, by Site
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.