COVID-19 Impact on Dry Mixed Recycling Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for dry mixed recycling in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in a slowdown and even a halt in recycling operations, thus hampering the demand for dry mixed recycling.
- Key players operating in the dry mixed recycling market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Waste management and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain.
- The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Dry Mixed Recycling Market
- Lower waste management cost in comparison to other waste management methods such as landfilling is augmenting the market. Landfilling is more costly, as the tax for landfilling is quite high. Therefore, demand for dry mixed recycling is increasing in the recycling industry.
- One-bin system where the consumers places all their trash into one bin without bin separation also reduces the collection cost for the waste management industry. Industries that release waste are driving the demand for the dry mixed recycling method. This is augmenting the recycling industry and recycling-related industries.
Restraints of Dry Mixed Recycling Market
- Lower quality of recycled materials due to the mixed collection is a restraint for the market. Furthermore, requirement of the manual sorting process is negatively impacting the global dry mixed recycling market.
- Dry mixed recycling cannot recycle glass and food waste, paper cups, and paper towels. This is also hampering the market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Dry Mixed Recycling Market
- In terms of region, the global dry mixed recycling market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. Asia Pacific is the largest market for dry mixed recycling products due to the rise in demand for waste management in the region.
- North America and Europe are also some of the key consumers of dry mixed recycling products. The market in these regions is expected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future.
Competitive Landscape of Global Dry Mixed Recycling Market
Major players operating in the global dry mixed recycling are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- ISM Waste & Recycling
- Business Waste.Co.Uk.
- Nationwide Waste Management Services.
- SIMPLY WASTE SOLUTION A
- RiverRidge Rethinking Resources
- MW WHITE LTD
- 1st Waste Management
- Greenway Environmental Ltd
- Agecko UK Limited
Global Dry Mixed Recycling Market
Global Dry Mixed Recycling Market, by Type
Global Dry Mixed Recycling Market, by Application
- Recycling Industry
Global Dry Mixed Recycling, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Dry Mixed Recycling Market: Introduction
- Dry mixed recycling or co-mingled recycling is a key solution for mixed waste. It provides businesses the ability to enhance recycling without needing many containers for each type of waste. Dry mixed recycling supports the waste management industry, as it handles commercial waste along with domestic waste.
- Dry mixed recycling helps industries and the common people to throw their waste in single dumping. Rise in demand for co-mingled recycling is boosting the dry mixed recycling market.