Dry Construction Market: Introduction
- Dry construction refers to the use of dry materials such as wallboards and gypsum boards that replace bricks, concrete, and plaster in construction. The process is used to avoid delays in construction activities.
- The global dry construction market can be classified based on type, material, system, application, and region. Based on type, the global dry construction market can be segmented into boarding and supporting framework. In terms of material, the market can be divided into metal, plastic, glass, wood, plastic, and others. Based on system, the global dry construction market can be categorized into wall system, ceiling system, door system, window system, flooring system, and others. In terms of application, the global dry construction market can be split into residential and non-residential.
Key Drivers of Dry Construction Market
- Major drivers of the global dry construction market are increase in adoption of lightweight construction practices; preference for improved housing technologies by end-users; rise in construction activities; lower setup cost as compared to wet construction; rapid urbanization; growth in infrastructure activities; and increase in the penetration of dry construction in the residential, industrial, and commercial sectors. Additionally, support from regulatory bodies for dry construction has been fuelling the market.
- Rapid growth of the population and increase in awareness about dry construction materials have boosted demand for these materials across the globe. Changes in end-user preference toward sustainable building techniques and promotion of green technology by regulatory bodies in the construction sector are anticipated to drive the global dry construction market during the forecast period.
Restraints of Dry Construction Market
- Disposal of synthetic materials from the waste of dry construction such as glass, plastic, and metal is a major restraint of the global dry construction market. Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of dry construction is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of dry construction. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the dry construction market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of dry construction in many developed and underdeveloped countries are projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Dry Construction Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for dry construction in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has led to a declining in demand for dry construction across the globe.
- Key players operating in the dry construction market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of dry construction materials.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Dry Construction Market
- Based on region, the global dry construction market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Insufficient supply of raw materials for wet construction is fuelling the demand for dry construction materials in North America. Preference for short duration construction is boosting demand for dry construction materials in Europe.
- Increase in population has been driving the construction sector in Asia Pacific, as end-users are opting for prefabricated dry construction systems. Additionally, preference for quality dry construction in-house products at low prices as compared to wet construction materials is expected to boost the dry construction market in the region.
- Growth in commercial and industrial construction activities is anticipated to drive the demand for dry construction materials in Middle East & Africa in the near future. Latin America is also estimated to be an attractive region of the dry construction market, owing to growth of the construction industry in the region.
Global Dry Construction Market Key Players
Major players operating in the global dry construction market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- USG Boral
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Fletcher Building Limited
- The Xella Group
- Beijing New Building Materials
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- Etex Group SA
- CSR Ltd.
- Promax Group Inc.
- Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- PABCO Building Products, LLC
- Knauf Gips KG
- Masterplast Plc.
- Panel Rey S.A.
- Pabco Gypsum
Global Dry Construction Market: Research Scope
Global Dry Construction Market, by Type
- Supporting Framework
Global Dry Construction Market, by Material
Global Dry Construction Market, by System
- Wall System
- Ceiling System
- Door System
- Window System
- Flooring System
Global Dry Construction Market, by Application
Global Dry Construction Market by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.