Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market: Introduction
- Drinking and driving is a serious public health concern. The Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) system aims to reduce road accidents cases caused by drinking and driving.
- The system uses an alcohol detector device that senses a change in the alcoholic gas content in the surrounding air. An alcohol detector is more commonly referred to as a breath analyzer, as it analyzes the alcohol content from the breath.
- When a vehice occupant is detected with a presence of alcohol, the DDDA-System immediately locks the engine of the vehicle. This minimalizes the risk of accidents caused by drink and drive cases.
Key Drivers of Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market
- According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), USA, approximately 11,000 people lost their lives due to alcohol impaired driving in 2017. According to a WHO report on road accidents, the number calculated on a global level, each year, of people dying owing to drink and drive road accidents is approximately 35% of the total 1.35 million deaths worldwide.
- According to WHO, for preventing accidents caused by alcohol-impaired-driving, currently 123 countries in the world have implemented stringent legislation to curb people from drinking and driving
- Cops use manual alcohol detection devices that analyses the breath and detect alcohol consumption, and subsequently, penalize the defaulting drivers; however, it is becoming increasingly impossible for traffic-cops to control, measure, and monitor every vehicle movement on the roads
- Therefore, it has become imperative for governing and regulatory bodies to leverage the advancements in technology and mandate the use of Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) in vehicles in order to prevent alcohol impaired driving and accidents
- All the factors mentioned above propel the adoption of DDDA systems in vehicles
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Transportation sector to hold notable share for global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for smart vehicles market
- Travel and transport companies are responsible for both passengers and the cargo they carry. Transportation industries mandate their vehicle drivers to pass the alcohol detection test before they set off on a journey.
- In case a DDDA-System detects a vehicle driver who has consumed alcohol, the system would lock the engine through the engine immobilizer and alert the employer through a message. This would not only prevent a case of alcohol impaired driving, but also catch an errant driver.
- DDDAS is automated and does not need human intervention to handle the system. This ease of use is driving the adoption of DDDAS and thereby, boosting the global DDDAS for smart vehicles market.
North America and Europe together to account for significant share of global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for smart vehicles market
- Legislations enacted by various countries and organizations compel automakers to increase safety features incorporated in their vehicles. For instance, the Government of U.K., UN regulations, EU Standards on Vehicle Safety by European Transport Safety Council, NHTSA, USA, are a few governing authorities that have enacted stringent rules and regulations for drink and drive cases. This, in turn, prompts automakers to install DDDAS in vehicles owing to concerns about public health and safety.
- Stringent rules and regulations to prevent alcohol impaired driving are propelling the DDDAS for smart vehicles market in North America and Europe
Key players operating in global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for smart vehicles market
The global DDDAS for smart vehicles market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global DDDAS for smart vehicles market are:
- QinetiQ North America
- Takata Corporation
- Nissan Motor Corporation
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in DDDAS for Smart Vehicles Market, ask for a customized report
Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market: Research Scope
Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market, by Component
- Wi-Fi Module
- Alcohol Sensor
Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market, by Technology
- Electrochemical Breath Analyzer
- Behavioral Drunk-Driver Detection System
- Distance Spectrometry
- Touch Spectrometry
Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market, by Sales Channel
Global Drunk-Driver Detection and Alert System (DDDAS) for Smart Vehicles Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.