Drug intermediates are the drugs used as raw materials for the production of bulk drugs, or they can refer to a material produced during synthesis of an API that must undergo further molecular change or processing before it becomes an API. Drug intermediates are hygienically formulated using high grade raw materials and they are used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry. Pharmaceutical companies use drugs intermediates for research and development purposes. Pharmaceutical intermediates, veterinary drug intermediates, and bulk drug intermediates are various types of drug intermediates. The global drug intermediate market is expected to grow at a high rate owing to rising research and development activity globally.
The market of drug intermediates is segmented on the basis of type of intermediate, end user, and by region. On the basis of type of intermediate, the market is segmented into two main types, API intermediate, and advanced intermediate. API or active pharmaceutical ingredient intermediates are the raw materials or raw drugs responsible for therapeutic action. They are the active ingredients which are later converted into various forms such as tablets, capsules, suspensions etc. API acts as a drug itself. Advanced intermediates are advanced forms of drug intermediates. Advanced intermediate drugs are used to perform drug interaction activity which formed in new chemical products. Capecitabine intermediates, imatinib intermediates, lenalidomide intermediates, pemetrexed intermediates, nilotinib intermediates, temozolamide intermediates, gemcitabine intermediates, afatinib intermediates, pazopanib intermediates, and ibrutinib intermediates are few examples of drug intermediates.
On the basis of end user, the global drug intermediate market is segmented into pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology industry, and chemical industry. Drug intermediates are available in various forms such as moderate quality drug intermediates, high quality intermediates, and premium quality intermediates. The high and premium quality drug intermediates are used mainly for research purposes. There has been an ever increasing demand for drug intermediates in the global market due to the fast growing biotechnology and life sciences sectors, along with rising adoption and increasing application of drug intermediates in research fields. Pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology companies, along with research companies around the world have shown growing focus toward R&D in drug discovery and development, New methods and technologies in the equipment for synthesizing drug intermediate with manufacturers providing numerous customizations in the synthesized drugs, has widened the scope of applications and led to increasing demand for drug intermediate in the global market.
By geography, the market for drug intermediates is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific leads the drug intermediate market owing to rising pharmaceutical and life sciences industry in the region especially in emerging markets in countries such as India and China. Europe is the second leading market for drug intermediates due to development and expansion of more efficient and advanced technologies. The Asia Pacific drug intermediate market is also anticipated to expand at an increasing rate owing to increasing healthcare spending, adoption of western lifestyle, and growth in research and development. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region for the drug intermediate market as several players have invested in the development and manufacturing of drug intermediates. These factors are expected to drive the market growth of drug intermediates during the forecast period.
Key players in the global Drug Intermediate market are Ami Lifesciences, Accrete Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd, A. B. Enterprises, Ramdev Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Clearsynth, Aarti Drugs Ltd., Synpure Labs, and Karvy Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd among others. The rising competition in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry for outsourcing of drug intermediates and manufacturing of drug intermediates is expected to boost the growth of the global drug intermediate market during the forecast period.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.