Global Driver Fatigue Monitoring System Market – Introduction
Driver fatigue monitoring system is an advanced automotive technology that has been designed and developed to monitor driver fatigue, drowsiness, and distraction while driving, especially during long travel hours. The system monitors the driver’s situation using its integrated camera that captures the driver’s face, and a steering sensor that monitors speed and movement. It is primarily an advanced driver assistance system that is being considered as the future of mobility.
Global Driver Fatigue Monitoring System Market – Competitive Landscape
- On September 19, 2016, Faurecia introduced various technologies, including the Active wellness 2.0 smart seat technology that measures several biological and behavioral signs of the driver using sensors and optical devices. This technology primarily detects drowsiness or stress, and alerts or warns the driver immediately.
- In 2015, the Ford Motor Company filed a patent for a new technology that helps monitor the health of the driver, and alerts in case of medical emergency. Moreover, in 2012, the company developed a driver alert system that employs advanced technology and sophisticated algorithms to analyze driver performance and transmit or display signs of drowsiness.
To Get Glimpse of what our Report offers, Ask for a Report Brochure here
Established in 1989, Tata Elxsi is headquartered in Bengaluru, India. It is a part of the Tata Group. The company provides design and technology services for product engineering and solutions across industries including broadcasting, communications, and automotive. It also engages in the development of automotive electronics. Tata Elxsi focuses on autonomous vehicle platform, active safety solution, ADAS validation, E-cockpit, and other upcoming technologies to provide improved safety solutions to its customers.
Founded in 2003, STONKAM CO.,LTD. is headquartered in Guangzhou, China. The company focuses on research, development, and manufacture of vision products and equipment, along with advanced driving assistance system (ADAS) for special and commercial vehicles. The company has customers spread in over 150 countries across the globe and has more than 400 employees.
Robert Bosch GmbH
Established in 1886, Robert Bosch GmbH is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany. The company provides innovative solutions for smart cities, connected mobility, smart homes, and connected manufacturing. It brings together cloud and vehicle technologies and services to offer wide-ranging mobility solutions. Robert Bosch GmbH has more than 60 regional subsidiaries located in over 60 countries, with sales service partners in 150 countries globally.
Global Driver Fatigue Monitoring System Market – Dynamics
Increase in road fatalities leading to rising trend to incorporate safety feature in the vehicle are driving demand for driver fatigue monitoring system
Rise in road fatalities around the world, owing to driver negligence, inattention, and drowsiness, especially on highways and expressways, are driving the demand for vehicles with advanced safety features. Moreover, reinforcement of safety norms and standards relating to road travel by regulatory bodies and governments across the globe have led to the development of advanced driver assistance systems, which constitute driver fatigue monitoring systems. This is projected to boost the demand for driver fatigue monitoring systems, as these systems can detect driver fatigue and driver inattention, thereby reducing the possibilities of road accidents.
Auto manufactures initiative in driver health monitoring
Major auto manufacturers including Ford, BMW, Volvo, Cadillac, Audi, Mercedes, and Volkswagen are offering advanced features, such as driver alertness and driver fatigue monitoring systems, which comprise cameras, biomedical sensors, and driver inputs in vehicles. This is likely to augment the demand for driver fatigue monitoring systems in the near future.
Several manufacturers are announcing their plans to launch driver fatigue monitoring systems and driver alertness systems. This is likely to propel the demand for these systems, thus rendering them mainstream. Additionally, numerous collaborations among automakers and OEMs are taking place to develop sophisticated and advanced systems to reduce road traffic accidents. These factors are anticipated to propel the driver fatigue monitoring system market during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report here
Global Driver Fatigue Monitoring System Market – Segmentation
Based on component, the global driver fatigue monitoring system market can be segmented into:
In terms of vehicle type, the global driver fatigue monitoring system market can be bifurcated into:
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Based on propulsion, the global driver fatigue monitoring system market can be divided into:
In terms of supplier, the global driver fatigue monitoring system market can be segmented into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.