Drilling Jumbo Market - Overview
The mechanism of drilling has been developed through various means. The mechanical method includes percussion, rotary, and rotary-percussion. The thermal method consists of flame, plasma, hot fluid, freezing, and hydraulic method, which includes sonic method and laser ray method. However, the mechanical drilling process is always the most convenient and economic approach and is widely used in the mining, engineering, and construction industries.
A drilling jumbo is primarily composed of a rock drill, a drill arm that includes a support and propelling mechanism, travel system, frame, and other required accessories. The product features a self-propelling function that allows it to perform multiple rock drills simultaneously. It is mainly used in the tunneling operation for performing drilling, blasting, and for mining exploration. Drilling jumbos are commonly used in underground mining and construction where mining requires drilling and blasting. They are also used in tunneling where the solidity of rocks prevents the use of tunneling equipment.
A drilling jumbo comprises of one, two, or three drill carriages. It includes a platform, which is used to stand on while loading any area with explosives in order to clear its surface for further drill. The carriages are fastened onto the chassis, which supports the engine and the cabin. Modern drilling jumbos are comparatively large, are usually fitted with rubber tires, and are powered by diesel. There are a few drilling jumbo variants with steel wheels that are used to ride on rails and are single carriage and sled mounted. However, smaller versions of drill jumbos are often used in small or confined sites. Electricity is also very common in the usage of drilling jumbo. Electricity and compressed air produces no exhaust gases, which makes it preferable for use in smaller tunnels where adequate ventilation is not available.
The expansion of the drilling jumbo market is primarily driven by the need for effective machinery due to a rise in the number of infrastructure projects. Hence, flexibility and transportability on construction sites are essential in the development of jumbos. Most current models of drilling jumbos are fitted with crawler tracks or rubber tires.
Drilling Jumbo Market – Segmentation
The global drilling jumbo market can be segmented based on product, application, and geography. In terms of product, the drilling jumbo market can be divided into single boom, two boom, and multi boom. Based on application, the drilling jumbo market can be classified into mining, railway construction, road construction, and others. In terms of geography, the market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Drilling Jumbo Market – Drivers and Restraints
The drilling jumbo market is primarily controlled by major market players. However, a rise in the number of domestic infrastructure projects, the growth potential of the market across the globe, and significant use of drill and blast as a major excavation approach has led to the entry of new manufacturers of drilling jumbos in many countries. Many Chinese manufacturers are now producing a vast range of drilling jumbos of wide variety and improved quality.
The global drilling jumbo market is highly competitive due to the presence of a large number of regional and international manufacturers worldwide. Drilling Jumbo manufacturers are increasingly focusing on innovative solutions with advanced efficiency and features in order to restrict the risk factors and enable faster and effective operations.
Drilling Jumbo Market – Key Players
Key players operating in the drilling jumbo market include RDH Mining Equipment, Sandvik Mining & Construction, J.H. Fletcher & Co., Mine Master, XCMG, Siton, Dhms, Atlas Copco, Furukawa Co., Ltd., Lake Shore Systems?Inc, Kaishan, Komatsu Mining Corp., Eastsun, and Hengzhi.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.