Drilling Jars: Market Overview
Drilling Jars are hydro-mechanical devices used in downhole (oil & gas reservoir) applications. They have the ability to deliver an impact load on other components. Drilling jars are downhole tools used to impart heavy blow (impact load) to the downhole assembly. This is especially done to remove a component stuck downhole. Mechanical and hydraulic drilling jars are the primary types of drilling jars. In terms of design, these types of jars are different; however, based on operation, they are similar.
A drilling jar is used to create an impact and impulse force to free a stuck drill string. This is achieved by the conversion of strain energy into kinetic energy, which helps accelerates the hammer to collide with the anvil to create a blow. The kinetic energy is stored in drill-string and quickly released by the jar when it fires. The principle is similar to the use of a hammer. Kinetic energy gets stored in the hammer as it is swung, and immediately released on to the nail and board upon impact. Drilling jars are designed to strike up, down, or both. In the case of jarring up above a stuck bottom-hole assembly, the drill operation operator slowly pulls up on the drill-string, but the bottom hole assembly (BHA) does not move.
Drilling Jars Market: Dynamics and Trends
Drilling jar operation is based on the stress wave theory. The energy for jarring comes from the spring effect of the drill string (either in stressed/compressed position). Energy from the impact load is transmitted by stress waves that travel at the speed of sound in the metal. Drilling jars are also known as intensifiers. They provide reliable performance in vertical, low-angle, directional, horizontal, and extended-reach applications. Drilling jars are made up of high tensile and torsional strength materials, hydraulic delay metering systems, and mandrel latches (mechanical). These are capable of making an impact when the drill-string gets stuck downhole.
The spline mandrel provides maximum torque and minimum backlash error to ensure effective torque transfer throughout the drilling jar assembly. Spline mandrel and other working parts are enclosed in a hydraulic chamber. An isolated high pressure chamber lubricates the moving seals, impact shoulders, and mandrel from downhole debris. Drilling jars are virtually unaffected by the downhole temperatures. They generate less heat during operation. The overpull of the drilling jar is controlled at the surface. This enables the operator to increase/decrease the impact by increasing/decreasing the load applied to the jar. The hydraulic metering mechanism has no moving parts. It has large flow paths for easy maneuverability of the hydraulic fluid.
Drilling Jars Market Segmentation
Based on type, the drilling jars market can be segmented into hydraulic jars and mechanical jars. In terms of area of application, the drilling jars market can be divided into vertical drilling, directional drilling, angular drilling, horizontal drilling, and extended reach drilling. Based on region, the global drilling jars market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
Drilling Jars Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global drilling jars market include Schlumberger Ltd., National Oilwell Varco, Odfjell Well Services, TASMAN, and Weatherford.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.