Double Layer Super-capacitor: Introduction
- Double layer super-capacitors provide high energy storage facility through the usage of special electrodes and electrolytic solution.
- The capacitance value of these capacitors is high with a long cycle life, and ability to operate at extreme temperatures.
- Usage of biodegradable carbon as electrodes provides high capacitance with a very small separation distance between the electrodes, thus making the device compact in size and also environment friendly
- The power density and charge-discharge cycle is fast and unlimited. Hence, these capacitors are ideal for use in power grids, automobiles, and consumer goods applications such as MP3 players and professional cameras.
Growing Electric Vehicles Market across the Globe
- Rising temperatures and global warming have sent alarm signals across the world, driving the need for a sustainable future; as such, consumers are opting for green with electric vehicles.
- The mounting demand for electric vehicles is expected to propel the demand for double layer super-capacitors which can be used in these vehicles for regenerative braking.
- Double layer super-capacitors are expected to be used abundantly in electric vehicles during the forecast period since these capacitors offer large storage of energy which can be delivered rapidly in bursts.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, Request for a Sample
APAC Expected to be the Frontrunner in the Double Layer Super-capacitor Market
- In terms of regions, the double layer super-capacitor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Amongst these regions, APAC is expected to witness the highest growth with China leading the numbers by generating maximum use of double layer super-capacitors for its end-use manufacturing facilities, catering mostly to consumer goods and automotive industries.
- The other economies in APAC that are expected to follow suit are Japan, India, and South Korea.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 had a major impact on the demand for super-capacitors from manufacturing facilities across the world; however, with the pandemic situation normalizing and with the resumption of manufacturing activities, demand for these super-capacitors are expected to become significantly high during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market
Players in the double-layer super-capacitor market largely belong to automotive, and consumer goods industries. The market is marginally fragmented with a handful of large players tapping the shares, thereby limiting competition in the current scenario. However, with growing environmental consciousness of consumers, and growing energy storage requirements, more players are emerging with innovative research and developments such as usage of nanomaterial (e.g. grapheme) to further improve efficiency. Major global players in the double-layer super-capacitors market are listed below:
- Tesla (US)
- Nippon Chemi-Con (Japan)
- CAP-XX (Australia)
- LS Mtron (South Korea)
- Panasonic (Japan)
- Eaton (US)
- Cornell-Dubilier (US)
- Ioxus (US)
- NAWA Technologies (France)
- Paper Battery Company (US)
- Skeleton Technologies (Estonia)
- SPEL Technologies (India)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market: Research Scope
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Module Type
- Less Than 10 Volts Modules
- 10 Volts to 25 Volts Modules
- 25 Volts to 50 Volts Modules
- 50 Volts to 100 Volts Modules
- Above 100 Volts Modules
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Material
- Activated carbon
- Carbide derived carbon
- Carbon aerogel
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!