Double Layer Super-capacitor: Introduction
- Double layer super-capacitors provide high energy storage facility through the usage of special electrodes and electrolytic solution.
- The capacitance value of these capacitors is high with a long cycle life, and ability to operate at extreme temperatures.
- Usage of biodegradable carbon as electrodes provides high capacitance with a very small separation distance between the electrodes, thus making the device compact in size and also environment friendly
- The power density and charge-discharge cycle is fast and unlimited. Hence, these capacitors are ideal for use in power grids, automobiles, and consumer goods applications such as MP3 players and professional cameras.
Growing Electric Vehicles Market across the Globe
- Rising temperatures and global warming have sent alarm signals across the world, driving the need for a sustainable future; as such, consumers are opting for green with electric vehicles.
- The mounting demand for electric vehicles is expected to propel the demand for double layer super-capacitors which can be used in these vehicles for regenerative braking.
- Double layer super-capacitors are expected to be used abundantly in electric vehicles during the forecast period since these capacitors offer large storage of energy which can be delivered rapidly in bursts.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, Request for a Sample
APAC Expected to be the Frontrunner in the Double Layer Super-capacitor Market
- In terms of regions, the double layer super-capacitor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Amongst these regions, APAC is expected to witness the highest growth with China leading the numbers by generating maximum use of double layer super-capacitors for its end-use manufacturing facilities, catering mostly to consumer goods and automotive industries.
- The other economies in APAC that are expected to follow suit are Japan, India, and South Korea.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 had a major impact on the demand for super-capacitors from manufacturing facilities across the world; however, with the pandemic situation normalizing and with the resumption of manufacturing activities, demand for these super-capacitors are expected to become significantly high during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market
Players in the double-layer super-capacitor market largely belong to automotive, and consumer goods industries. The market is marginally fragmented with a handful of large players tapping the shares, thereby limiting competition in the current scenario. However, with growing environmental consciousness of consumers, and growing energy storage requirements, more players are emerging with innovative research and developments such as usage of nanomaterial (e.g. grapheme) to further improve efficiency. Major global players in the double-layer super-capacitors market are listed below:
- Tesla (US)
- Nippon Chemi-Con (Japan)
- CAP-XX (Australia)
- LS Mtron (South Korea)
- Panasonic (Japan)
- Eaton (US)
- Cornell-Dubilier (US)
- Ioxus (US)
- NAWA Technologies (France)
- Paper Battery Company (US)
- Skeleton Technologies (Estonia)
- SPEL Technologies (India)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market: Research Scope
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Module Type
- Less Than 10 Volts Modules
- 10 Volts to 25 Volts Modules
- 25 Volts to 50 Volts Modules
- 50 Volts to 100 Volts Modules
- Above 100 Volts Modules
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Material
- Activated carbon
- Carbide derived carbon
- Carbon aerogel
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
- Global Double Layer Super-capacitor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.