Dog Supplement Market: Introduction
- Dog supplements are consumed by dogs and are meant to provide them with desired nutrition. Dogs need several different kinds of nutrients such as amino acids from proteins, fatty acids and carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and water. Recommended daily allowances for dietary nutrients are based on the minimum amount required to maintain good health in normal dogs.
- A dog’s unique nutritional requirement depends on its size, its breed, and its stage in life, among other factors. A better understanding of how dogs use the various nutrients in food and how much of them they need can help to choose a healthier diet for dogs.
Key Drivers of the Global Dog Supplement Market
- The major driving force behind the growth of dog supplements is that pet owners view these products as natural ways to promote health and wellness. Animal specialists recommend dog supplements as a reasonable substitute to animal drugs and are further willing to suggest them as alternate therapy.
- Awareness is still the key to marketing dietary supplements. Pet owners need to be cognizant about active ingredients as well as specific products in dog supplements, and be acquainted about which supplements are “beneficial” and which ones are “treats.”
Key Opportunities in the Global Dog Supplement Market
- As dog owners take extra care about their dog’s health and fitness, veterinary certifications of dog supplements are rising and progressively re-enforcing their prominence in maintaining the overall health of dogs.
- Many retailers now partner with nearby veterinary facilities to support clinicians’ recommendations and in turn provide the clinics with in-depth product information and samples, thus creating opportunity for growth.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges of the Global Dog Supplement Market
- It is of prime concern to gauge whether or not animal dietary supplements are safe and at what dosage they need to be given. Supplements considered safe in humans and other cross-species are not always safe for dogs.
- Regulations related to dog dietary supplements are still not clear and are very confusing. Clear and precise regulations are needed to allow only safe dietary supplements in the market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global dog supplement market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the dog supplement market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the dog supplement market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America dog supplement market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America captured the largest market share due to increased dog adoption. Dog care and dog supplements go hand in hand as people generally treat dogs as part of their family.
- The Asia Pacific dog supplement market is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. The market is largely driven by expected increase in pet dogs in Australia, Japan, and India
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Players in the global dog supplement market are focusing on strengthening their distribution channels in organized retailing to increase sales revenue. Growing pet and vet stores coupled with growing awareness about dog supplements are driving the dog supplement market.
A few of the key players operating in the global dog supplement market are:
- Nestle Purina Pet Care
- VetriScience Laboratories
- NOW Food
- Novotech Nutraceuticals
- Ark Naturals
- Kemin Industries
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Dog Supplement Market, Request for a Sample
Global Dog Supplement Market: Research Scope
Global Dog Supplement Market, by Product Type
- Multivitamins and Minerals
- Essentials Fatty Acids
- Digestive Enzymes
- Others (Glucosamine, Green Tripe, Etc.)
Global Dog Supplement Market, by Price
Global Dog Supplement Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company-owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Large Format Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Pharma Stores
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.