Dog Food: Introduction
- Growing consumer awareness about natural and organic dog food products is forcing producers to move their attention away from synthetic to natural products, which is one of the primary factors influencing the global dog food market.
Key Drivers of the Global Dog Food Market
- Over the projected period, the dog food market is expected to be driven by increased traction in the premium dog food sector. Dry dog food is seeing tremendous development in demand as compared to other products due to its simplicity in terms of storage and feeding dogs without making a mess. This has a good impact on urban consumers, who are increasingly choosing dry dog food.
- Increased consumer knowledge of pet health has resulted in greater focus on improving dog weight and maintaining their overall health. Customers choose from a variety of foods and place a high value on product brands. Manufacturers are continuously working to break into the luxury dog food segment and increase their overall profit margin.
Increasing Dog Adoption to Create New Market Opportunities
- The increased popularity of adopting a dog as a family pet is expected to drive product demand. In terms of the concept of humanization of pets, dogs, in particular, are seeing an upward trend. As a result, there has been an increase in the number of people who own dogs and provide them high-quality food. Furthermore, one of the primary drivers of the market is rising urbanization.
High Price of Products to Restrict Market Growth
- Dog food products are available at a higher cost in retail and online stores. As a result, the lower class income group cannot afford these products.
Asia Pacific the Dominant Market for Dog Food
- In 2020, Asia Pacific, led by China, Japan, India, and South Korea, emerged as one of the world's most important marketplaces. The rising demand for premium dog food is the trend in the region’s market. Overall, pet food outputs in Asia Pacific increased by 13% in 2020.
- After Asia Pacific, North America has emerged as one of the most important regional dog food markets. Rising consumer awareness about the positive impact on pet health, as well as the growing trend of humanization of pets, is driving regional demand for dog food.
- Europe is a significant market for high-quality dog food. Over 80 million European families possess at least one pet, according to the European Pet Food Industry Federation (FEDIAF). Cat food items are the industry leaders due to the high percentage of cat ownership in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Dog Food Market
The global dog food market is fragmented in nature. Large number of small and medium size companies are present in developing countries including China, India, Brazil, and South Africa. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their market revenue at the global level.
Some of the key players operating in the global dog food market are listed below:
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc.
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
- Lupus Alimentos
- Mars Incorporated
- Nestlé Purina
- The Hartz Mountain Corporation
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Total Alimentos SA
- WellPet LLC
Global Dog Food Market: Research Scope
Global Dog Food Market, by Product
- Dry Food
- Wet/Canned Food
- Nutritious Food
Global Dog Food Market, by Price
Global Dog Food Market, by Distribution Channel
- Third Party Website
- Company Owned Website
- Specialty Stores
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
Global Dog Food Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Western Europe
- Nordic countries
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
The report on the global dog food market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!