Dog Food: Introduction
- Growing consumer awareness about natural and organic dog food products is forcing producers to move their attention away from synthetic to natural products, which is one of the primary factors influencing the global dog food market.
Key Drivers of the Global Dog Food Market
- Over the projected period, the dog food market is expected to be driven by increased traction in the premium dog food sector. Dry dog food is seeing tremendous development in demand as compared to other products due to its simplicity in terms of storage and feeding dogs without making a mess. This has a good impact on urban consumers, who are increasingly choosing dry dog food.
- Increased consumer knowledge of pet health has resulted in greater focus on improving dog weight and maintaining their overall health. Customers choose from a variety of foods and place a high value on product brands. Manufacturers are continuously working to break into the luxury dog food segment and increase their overall profit margin.
Increasing Dog Adoption to Create New Market Opportunities
- The increased popularity of adopting a dog as a family pet is expected to drive product demand. In terms of the concept of humanization of pets, dogs, in particular, are seeing an upward trend. As a result, there has been an increase in the number of people who own dogs and provide them high-quality food. Furthermore, one of the primary drivers of the market is rising urbanization.
High Price of Products to Restrict Market Growth
- Dog food products are available at a higher cost in retail and online stores. As a result, the lower class income group cannot afford these products.
Asia Pacific the Dominant Market for Dog Food
- In 2020, Asia Pacific, led by China, Japan, India, and South Korea, emerged as one of the world's most important marketplaces. The rising demand for premium dog food is the trend in the region’s market. Overall, pet food outputs in Asia Pacific increased by 13% in 2020.
- After Asia Pacific, North America has emerged as one of the most important regional dog food markets. Rising consumer awareness about the positive impact on pet health, as well as the growing trend of humanization of pets, is driving regional demand for dog food.
- Europe is a significant market for high-quality dog food. Over 80 million European families possess at least one pet, according to the European Pet Food Industry Federation (FEDIAF). Cat food items are the industry leaders due to the high percentage of cat ownership in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Dog Food Market
The global dog food market is fragmented in nature. Large number of small and medium size companies are present in developing countries including China, India, Brazil, and South Africa. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their market revenue at the global level.
Some of the key players operating in the global dog food market are listed below:
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc.
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
- Lupus Alimentos
- Mars Incorporated
- Nestlé Purina
- The Hartz Mountain Corporation
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Total Alimentos SA
- WellPet LLC
Global Dog Food Market: Research Scope
Global Dog Food Market, by Product
- Dry Food
- Wet/Canned Food
- Nutritious Food
Global Dog Food Market, by Price
Global Dog Food Market, by Distribution Channel
- Third Party Website
- Company Owned Website
- Specialty Stores
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
Global Dog Food Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Western Europe
- Nordic countries
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
The report on the global dog food market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.