Document Shredding Service: Introduction
- Document shredding is a safe solution to securely dispose old and unwanted confidential documents at home or in the office. Document shredding service providers shred confidential and unwanted documents for various end-use industries. Professional shredder service providers shred all types of documents into unreadable pieces with the help of industrial shredders.
- Document shredding services help in saving time, especially when the quantity of documents for shredding is high. These services are ideal for commercial businesses that have bulk quantities of documents.
Key Drivers of the Global Document Shredding Service Market
- Increasing privacy concerns is one of the main reasons for the growth of the document shredding service market. Growing awareness among individuals about the danger of theft has resulted in the growth of document shredding services. Additionally, regulations such as FACTA, GLB, and HIPAA are making document shredding compulsory for businesses across various end-use industries.
- The residential market for document shredding is another growth driver for the document shredding service industry. Advanced technologies coupled with strong internet penetration helps many well established companies to offer work from home to employees. These employees need to maintain confidentiality of documents even at home. Work from home professionals are not required to spend their own money for document shredding services and this service is provided by the company. This has also resulted in the growth of the document shredding service market.
Increasing Digitization to Hamper the Growth of the Document Shredding Service Market
- A major share of documents in the document shredding service industry is due to the heavy usage of paper. Paper is the most common form of printing many confidential as well as unwanted information. However, the recent drive to increase digitization and make paperless work popular worldwide is anticipated to highly impact the growth of the document shredding service market. Demand for paper in various end-use industries is experiencing a decline in share especially in mature markets such as North America and Europe. This decline is driven by individuals and businesses increasingly turning to digital alternatives, which is anticipated to hamper the growth of the document shredding service market to a great extent.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing Awareness about Proper Policies for Secure Destruction of Confidential and Unwanted Documents to Offer Attractive Opportunities for the Growth of the market
- One of the key challenges for document shredding service providers is the lack of proper policies for document shredding in many small and medium sized enterprises. Lack of awareness within organizations coupled with the cost associated with the process are some of the key factors for the lack of such practices. This hampers the growth of document shredding services worldwide. However, rising awareness about the importance of document shredding and implementation of such policies is anticipated to offer attractive opportunities for the growth of the document shredding service market.
Asia Pacific offers growth avenues for the global document shredding service market
- Geographically, the global document shredding service market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- North America and Europe are a strong market for document shredding service providers as most of the key service providers are highly concentrated in these regions. Of late, markets in these regions are becoming saturated; hence, companies in these regions are expanding internationally. Asia Pacific is one of the promising regions for document shredding service providers. This is due to the growth of many emerging economies in the region.
- Other regions such as South America and Middle East & Africa have strong potential growth opportunity for the document shredding service market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global document shredding service market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for substantial market share. The market also encompasses several small and unorganized service providers. A few of the key players operating in the global document shredding service market are listed below:
- American Shredding Inc.
- Cintas Corporation
- Gilmore Services
- Iron Mountain Incorporated.
- Proshred Security
- Quills UK
- Shredders India
- Stericycle, Inc. (Shred-it)
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Document Shredding Service Market, ask for a customized report
Global Document Shredding Service Market: Research Scope
Global Document Shredding Service Market, by Service Type
- One Time Shredding Service
- Regular Shredding Service
Global Document Shredding Service Market, by Service Location
- Onsite Shredding
- Offsite Shredding
Global Document Shredding Service Market, by Document Type
- Paper based documents
- Electronic based documents
- Hard Drives
- Media Drives
Global Document Shredding Service Market, by End-use
- Government & Public Service
- Financial Service
- Real Estate
- Law Firms
- Others (Hotels & Automotive etc.)
Global Document Shredding Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.