Distribution Software: Introduction
- Distribution software manages all the processes of supply chain of any product from order processing and inventory control to accounting, purchasing, and customer service, customer relationship management, sales, and finance management.
- Companies are able to manage internal and external resources efficiently by using distribution software. Distribution software also provides real-time capabilities to customers.
- The global distribution software market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in demand for cloud-based distribution software among organizations
Global Distribution Software Market: Dynamics
Global Distribution Software Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increasing awareness among organizations about the benefits of using distribution software is expected to boost the distribution software market during the forecast period. This is primarily because distribution software supports in gaining end-to-end visibility in supply chain management systems and removes manual errors in supply chain systems.
- Rise in adoption of cloud-based distribution software among organizations is expected to boost the demand for distribution software across the globe. This is primarily because cloud-based distribution software has lower deployment cost.
- Features of distribution software such as less dependency on in-house IT personnel, low maintenance cost, easier and faster implementation of IT solutions, and limited requirement of hardware infrastructure, is expected to propel the market growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing shift toward omni-channel retail and growth of e-commerce is projected to drive the global distribution software market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand from end-users for synchronizing and simplifying the supply chain management system is estimated to propel the global distribution software market during the forecast period
- Increasing trend toward minimizing operational expenses, reduce upfront costs, and short processing time across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for distribution software during the forecast period
- However, data privacy and security concerns are projected to hamper the distribution software market during the forecast period
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Distribution Software Market
- COVID-19 is having a significant impact on the technology sector due to unavailability of raw materials, and supply chain disruption of the electronics devices value chain. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hinder the global distribution software market in the next few years.
- COVID-19 has changed the warehousing and distribution scenario completely. Now, all processes are completely dependent on technology solutions such as distribution software, which in turn is anticipated to generate significant demand for distribution software during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Distribution Software Market
- In terms of region, the global distribution software market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global distribution software market in 2019, due to the extensive adoption of distribution software during COVID-19 in the region. The U.S. is the key market in the region.
- The distribution software market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to a growing e-commerce sector and shift toward omnichannel retail in countries such as India, China, and Japan.
Global Distribution Software Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the distribution software market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global distribution software market. Distribution software vendors are focused on an inorganic growth strategy such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Distribution Software Market Include:
- Acumatica Inc.
- ADS Solutions Corp.
- Blue Yonder Group Inc.
- Epicor Software Corp.
- Koch Industries Inc.
- Oracle Corp.
- Sage Group Plc
- SAP SE
- SYSPRO Pty. Ltd.
Global Distribution Software Market: Research Scope
Global Distribution Software Market, by Deployment
Global Distribution Software Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Distribution Software Market, by End-user
- IT and Telecommunication
- Retail & E-commerce
- Transportation & Logistics
Global Distribution Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!