Distribution Automation Solutions: Introduction
- Distribution automation solutions are used to control, monitor, maintain, and protect the distribution network. Distribution automation provides real-time information regarding components of the distribution grid such as fault detectors, voltage regulators, switches, reclosers, capacitor bank controllers, smart relays, and others.
- Distribution automation solutions help optimize and improve the utility operations of its distribution power system
- Rise in renewable power generation and increase in upgrade of aging distribution infrastructure are key factors driving the distribution automation market
- The global distribution automation solutions market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to a rise in the need to improve operational performance and operating efficiency of the distribution network
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market: Dynamics
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in demand for energy due to an increase in population and increase in need for real-time analysis of power distribution in utility are boosting the distribution automation solutions market
- Rising implementation of automation in utility grids to optimize power utilization and reduce the overall downtime also fuels the demand for distribution automation solutions
- Increase in utilization of wireless technology in distribution automation due to its benefits, such as easy accessibility of data from remote locations and reduction in maintenance costs, is likely to propel the market
- However, a lack of standardization and high initial installation cost are anticipated to hamper the global distribution automation solutions market during the forecast period.
- Advancement in communication technologies, increase in investment to enhance grid infrastructure, and implementation of IoT are expected to provide significant opportunities for the distribution automation solutions market in the next few years.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is leading to an economic slowdown. Demand for digital solutions is increasing across all sectors around the globe. Moreover, utility companies are consistently focused on keeping their assets safe and providing reliable supplies of electricity during the COVID-19 crisis. Increase in incidence of power outage and aging power infrastructure are driving the distribution automation solutions market during this pandemic. Demand for distribution automation solutions is rising in order to fulfill the requirement. This is expected to have a moderate impact on the distribution automation solutions market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market
- In terms of region, the global distribution automation solutions market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific dominated the global distribution automation solutions market. Asia Pacific is expected to witness high demand due to a rise in the demand for energy and increase in investment in smart grid projects. China, India, and Japan are key countries for the distribution automation solutions market in Asia Pacific.
- North America is projected to hold second-largest market share, after APAC. Developed economies, such as the U.S. and Canada, are likely to witness significant demand in the region. Implementation of automation and communication technologies is estimated to further drive the market in North America during the forecast period.
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market: Competition Landscape
Several players are active in the distribution automation solutions market with a strong presence. Major players dominating the distribution automation solutions market. Vendors of distribution automation solutions are focused on various growth strategies such as partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, new product launches, and business expansions to strengthen their geographic presence and solutions portfolios in order to cater to the needs of the market. For instance, in March 2020, ABB launched an upgraded version of the protection relay REX640. This relay enhanced the flexibility and communication security in advanced power generation and distribution applications.
Key players operating in global distribution automation solutions market include:
- General Electric Company
- Eaton Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
- Hubbell Incorporated
- Mitsubishi Electric
- CE Power Engineered Services
- S&C Electric Company
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Beckwith Electric
- Trilliant Holdings
- G&W Electric
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions Ltd.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Hitachi Ltd.
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market, by Component
- Field Devices
- Remote Fault Indicators
- Smart Relays
- Automated Feeder Switches/Reclosers
- Automated Capacitors
- Automated Voltage Regulators
- Automated Feeder Monitors
- Transformer Monitors
- Remote Terminal Units
- Integration & Implementation
- Support & Maintenance
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market, by Communication Technology
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market, by Utility
Global Distribution Automation Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.