Distributed Storage Platform Market: Introduction
- Distributed storage platform is infrastructure that can divide data across numerous physical servers, and often across more than one data center. It usually takes the form of a cluster storage unit, with coordination and data synchronization between cluster nodes.
- The distributed storage platform is the source for extremely scalable cloud storage system such as Microsoft Azure Blob storage and Amazon S3 as well as on premise distributed storage system such as Cloudian hyper store.
- Distributed storage platform can offer enhanced performance as compared to a single server. For instance, it can enable parallel access to large files and it can also store data closer to its consumer.
- The distributed storage platform can store various types of data such as distributed files system to support a virtual drive, with the real files distributed across several machines
- Rise in need for an improved and operational method to store data has prompted large firms and technocrats to engage in R&D in order to improve well-organized data storage solutions. Currently, distributed storage is a highly effective way to store data.
Distributed Storage Platform Market: Dynamics
Distributed Storage Platform Market: Key Drivers
- Distributed storage platform is a model of loading data on a number of standards servers that act as a single storage unit, while the data is being distributed among the specific number of servers. The distributed storage platform is a more developed form of the concept of SDS. (Software defined storage).
- A unique algorithm is used to store and distribute the data across the node network. There are two types of data: primary and secondary data. The primary data is used hen a node is given the original, whole data set. The secondary data take place when a diverse node is given only part of primary data set as a backup.
- In wearable technologies, the devices offer diverse functionality, ranging from monitoring calories burnt and heart rate to innovative smart features similar to smartphones. The best innovative wearable devices enable users to click pictures and view them, read text messages, record videos, and e-mails, browse the web, and respond to voice commands.
- The distributed storage platform market is driven by the need for more cost-effective storage solutions that are scalable and utilize existing information technology infrastructure. A data center requires less power, cooling, and space utilization. Moreover, it helps to manage the distributed storage system that efficiently decreases the need for large staff that would be required to run the IT infrastructure.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Distributed Storage Platform Market
- An increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in an economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has a negative impact on the distributed storage platform market, as companies are decreasing their investment in new technologies and services to sustain themselves in the competitive market. The market is expected to expand in the next few years, as companies start making a profit to recover from the economic downturn associated with COVID-19.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Distributed Storage Platform Market
- In terms of region, the global distributed storage platform market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global distributed storage platform market and held a notable share primarily due to the presence of developed economies, such as the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, North America is home of well-established suppliers as well as end-user industries that constantly adopt the new technology for developing business productivity, and work efficiency.
Key Players Operating in the Global Distributed Storage Platform Market
- ZTE Corporation
ZTE Corporation offers integrated information technology and telecommunication solutions worldwide. The company deals in wireless products, such as AAU series, baseband units, cell base station series, indoor coverage, ultra-broadband radio series, and microwave products. The company provides cloud computing products, IoT products, and also deals in 5G technology. The company was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China.
- Commvault Systems, Inc.
Commvault Systems, Inc. is incorporated in 1988 and is headquartered in New Jersey, U.S. The company delivers data management software applications and related services. It also engages in the development, marketing, and sale of as suite of data management software applications intended to manage and protect data throughout its lifecycle.
Other key players operating in the global distributed storage platform market include Cloudian, Inc., StorPool Storage, Data Core Software Cohesity Inc., DataDirect Networks, Dell, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Hedvig, Inc., International Business Machines Corporation, Inspur, NetApp, Nutanix, and Pivot3, Inc.
Distributed Storage Platform Market: Research Scope
Distributed Storage Platform Market, by Solution
- Public clouds
- Private clouds
- Shared Hosting
- Data Protection
- File Sync and share
- Big Data Storage
Distributed Storage Platform Market, by End-use Application
- Media & Entertainment
- Life Science
- IT & Telecom
Distributed Storage Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.