Distributed Storage Platform Market: Introduction
- Distributed storage platform is infrastructure that can divide data across numerous physical servers, and often across more than one data center. It usually takes the form of a cluster storage unit, with coordination and data synchronization between cluster nodes.
- The distributed storage platform is the source for extremely scalable cloud storage system such as Microsoft Azure Blob storage and Amazon S3 as well as on premise distributed storage system such as Cloudian hyper store.
- Distributed storage platform can offer enhanced performance as compared to a single server. For instance, it can enable parallel access to large files and it can also store data closer to its consumer.
- The distributed storage platform can store various types of data such as distributed files system to support a virtual drive, with the real files distributed across several machines
- Rise in need for an improved and operational method to store data has prompted large firms and technocrats to engage in R&D in order to improve well-organized data storage solutions. Currently, distributed storage is a highly effective way to store data.
Distributed Storage Platform Market: Dynamics
Distributed Storage Platform Market: Key Drivers
- Distributed storage platform is a model of loading data on a number of standards servers that act as a single storage unit, while the data is being distributed among the specific number of servers. The distributed storage platform is a more developed form of the concept of SDS. (Software defined storage).
- A unique algorithm is used to store and distribute the data across the node network. There are two types of data: primary and secondary data. The primary data is used hen a node is given the original, whole data set. The secondary data take place when a diverse node is given only part of primary data set as a backup.
- In wearable technologies, the devices offer diverse functionality, ranging from monitoring calories burnt and heart rate to innovative smart features similar to smartphones. The best innovative wearable devices enable users to click pictures and view them, read text messages, record videos, and e-mails, browse the web, and respond to voice commands.
- The distributed storage platform market is driven by the need for more cost-effective storage solutions that are scalable and utilize existing information technology infrastructure. A data center requires less power, cooling, and space utilization. Moreover, it helps to manage the distributed storage system that efficiently decreases the need for large staff that would be required to run the IT infrastructure.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Distributed Storage Platform Market
- An increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in an economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has a negative impact on the distributed storage platform market, as companies are decreasing their investment in new technologies and services to sustain themselves in the competitive market. The market is expected to expand in the next few years, as companies start making a profit to recover from the economic downturn associated with COVID-19.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Distributed Storage Platform Market
- In terms of region, the global distributed storage platform market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global distributed storage platform market and held a notable share primarily due to the presence of developed economies, such as the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, North America is home of well-established suppliers as well as end-user industries that constantly adopt the new technology for developing business productivity, and work efficiency.
Key Players Operating in the Global Distributed Storage Platform Market
ZTE Corporation offers integrated information technology and telecommunication solutions worldwide. The company deals in wireless products, such as AAU series, baseband units, cell base station series, indoor coverage, ultra-broadband radio series, and microwave products. The company provides cloud computing products, IoT products, and also deals in 5G technology. The company was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China.
Commvault Systems, Inc. is incorporated in 1988 and is headquartered in New Jersey, U.S. The company delivers data management software applications and related services. It also engages in the development, marketing, and sale of as suite of data management software applications intended to manage and protect data throughout its lifecycle.
Other key players operating in the global distributed storage platform market include Cloudian, Inc., StorPool Storage, Data Core Software Cohesity Inc., DataDirect Networks, Dell, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Hedvig, Inc., International Business Machines Corporation, Inspur, NetApp, Nutanix, and Pivot3, Inc.
Distributed Storage Platform Market: Research Scope
Distributed Storage Platform Market, by Solution
- Public clouds
- Private clouds
- Shared Hosting
- Data Protection
- File Sync and share
- Big Data Storage
Distributed Storage Platform Market, by End-use Application
- Media & Entertainment
- Life Science
- IT & Telecom
Distributed Storage Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!