Renewable Energy Generation Need of the Hour
- Ratification of the Paris Agreement to curb the rise of global temperature below 2?C has resulted in significant investment in renewable energy sources across the globe. Governments and concerned authorities are investing substantially in order to increase their share of renewables in the energy mix.
- Sources of renewable energy such as solar, wind, biomass, gas driven micro-turbines, fuel cells, and hydropower are gaining momentum in energy generation mix. They are expected to play an important role in power generation.
- Significant portion of power generated from these renewables is off-grid and are sometimes challenging due to their intermittent and variable nature. Such unpredictable nature and abrupt fluctuations in power & voltage necessitate the requirement of energy storage solutions for the effective implementation of these resources. This has resulted in development of distributed energy storage system across the globe.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Distributed Energy Storage System Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Distributed Energy Storage System Market
- Distributed energy storage system enables smooth integration of renewable energy sources to the main grid by reducing their variability. Furthermore, distributed energy storage system helps in storing excess power generated by renewable sources in order to be used during peak demand. Therefore, increase in adoption of renewable energy and rise in demand for clean power are anticipated to be major drivers of the distributed energy storage system market.
- Distributed energy storage system provides support and reduces stress on grid infrastructure during peak hours by providing back-up power, voltage support, frequency support, power quality, and peak shaving in the grid. This enables power companies to meet the rise in demand for electricity with relative ease at any possible time. Therefore, increase in demand for power is estimated to be a key driver of the distributed energy storage system market.
Emergence of Smart Grid to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Integration of advanced technologies, synergetic digital communication, and smart control strategies in existing power grid has resulted in a new phenomenon, known as smart grids, in the power sector
- Development of smart grids has transformed the way in which power is generated, distributed, and consumed. It has resulted in better and improved grid utilization, reliability, and security for customers and power companies. Smart grids are now viewed as energy infrastructure solution for future intelligent cities.
- Distributed energy storage system helps in balancing power generation and demand across a grid, thereby supporting and playing a crucial role in smart grid implementation and operation. Furthermore, distributed energy storage system enables integration of distributed energy generation systems into main grid, thereby increasing the resilience and reliability of grid operations.
Asia Pacific Anticipated to Hold Major Share of Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global distributed energy storage system market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by North America and Europe.
- Large portfolio & capacity of renewable energy sources and limited grid infrastructure presence are key factors driving the distributed energy storage system market in the region.
- Increase in investments & rise in capacity of renewable energy sources, and increase in incentives for renewables provided by governments and authorities in the region, especially in developing economies of China and India, are likely to drive the distributed energy storage system market during the forecast period.
- Rise in emergence of smart grids and growth in renewable capacity are projected to drive the demand for distributed energy storage system in North America and Europe.
- Increase in awareness about renewables and growth in government initiatives for renewable power generation in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to boost the distributed energy storage system market in these regions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market here
Key Players Operating in Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market
Key players operating in the global distributed energy storage system market include
- MCV Energy
- Johnson Controls
- Schneider Electric
- NEC Energy Solutions
- General Electric
Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market: Research Scope
Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market, by Product Type
- Single-phase Type
- Three-phase Type
- Double-phase Fire Line Type
Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market, by Application
- Grid Storage
- Renewable Energy Storage
- Others (Communication Base Station)
Global Distributed Energy Storage System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.