Distilled Tall Oil Market: Crude Tall Oil vs. Distilled Tall Oil
- The material produced during the production of wood pulp is known as crude tall oil. In Swedish language, ‘tall’ means ‘pine,’ which denotes that crude tall oil is produced during pulping of softwood pine trees.
- Crude tall oil is a mixture of rosins, fatty acids, and other neutral materials, which form a water-in-oil compound. Furthermore, crude tall oil can be separated into tall oil resins, tall oil fatty acids, heads, pitch, and distilled tall oil through the process of fractionation and distillation.
- Distilled tall oil (DTO) is a composite-rich mixture of rosin acids and fatty acids, which is obtained by vacuum distillation of crude tall oil. Rising demand for fatty acids and rosin acids leads to high demand for distilled tall oil.
- Distilled tall oil provides superior properties that are useful in several blended products and chemical reactions
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Distilled Tall Oil Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Vacuum Distillation of Crude Tall Oil
- The distillation process of crude tall oil consists of dehydration, which takes place in a moderate vacuum at a temperature of 120°C–170°C. Furthermore, the distillation process takes place in a deep vacuum and at a temperature of 220°C–280°C.
- Thin-film evaporators or distillation columns are used in order to accomplish depitching. The downstream distillation column uses advanced design with special arrangement of high-efficiency packaging.
- This special arrangement ensures maximum separation efficiency even at a low pressure. The product quality can be further fine-tuned as per the application.
- Products formed after distilling crude tall oil are tall oil fatty acid (TOFA), tall oil rosin (TOR), distilled tall oil (DTO), tall oil pitch (TOP), and tall oil heads (TOH), which can be further used as fuel additives, adhesives, printing inks, food adhesives, dimer acids, etc.
Key Drivers of Global Distilled Tall Oil Market
- Large-scale availability of crude tall oil as a raw material is one of the major drivers of the global distilled tall oil market. Demand for distilled tall oil for use in the production of detergents, soaps, lubricants, and coating chemicals is increasing due to its flexibility and low price.
- Increasing demand for renewable fuel is resulting in high demand for distilled tall oil as a raw material Government policies and environment-related regulations are boosting the demand for renewable fuel. Innovative and special designs for distillation of tall oil are undergoing development. This factor is anticipated to drive the global distilled tall oil market in the near future.
- Neste Jacobs, a technology, project management and engineering company, has installed its NAPCON controllers in Forchem Oyj’s tall oil distillation plant. Forchem Oyj runs this world-scale tall oil distillation plant in Rauma, Finland, wherein vacuum distillation is the primarily used technology, which is originally designed and developed by Neste Jacobs.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Distilled Tall Oil Market here
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Distilled Tall Oil Market
- Geographically, the global distilled tall oil market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to hold a significant share of the global market during the forecast period, as the region witnesses high demand for bio-based products and bio-based fuel. Also, well-established distillation and refining companies operate in the region.
- Moreover, the distilled tall oil market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing demand for a cost-effective raw material for the production of lubricants, detergents, and petroleum products
- Europe is projected to hold a moderate share of the global distilled tall oil market in the next few years, as the market in the region is mature and the region has a large number of crude tall oil processing facilities
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Distilled Tall Oil Market:
Leading players operating in the global distilled tall oil market are:
- Forchem Oyj
- Pine Chemical Group
- Ilim Group
- OOO Torgoviy Dom Lesokhimik
- Foreverest Resources Ltd
- KRATON CORPORATION
- Stora Enso
- Solis Oil
Global Distilled Tall Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Distilled Tall Oil Market, by End-user Industry
- Building & Construction
- Oil & Gas
Global Distilled Tall Oil Market, by Application
- Soaps & Detergents
- Printing Inks
Global Distilled Tall Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.