Global Disposable Plastic Blood Bags Market: Overview
Disposable plastic blood bags are widely used in healthcare industry for collection and distribution of human blood. The plastic bags are made of bio disposable compounds, hence do not pose a threat to the environment after use. Apart from this, they have a multiple tubes connected to them that helps in separation of blood components such as platelets, plasma and cryoprecipitate from blood. This ability of disposable plastic blood bags make them superior than traditional glass bottles.
Global Disposable Plastic Blood Bags Market: Notable Developments
Some of the recent developments that may favor the disposable plastics blood bags market are:
- Johns Hopkins recently conducted a study on blood transfer using drone. It determines the viability of blood transfer via drones. Further, these techniques are effective, safe, and timely way to transport blood products to remote accident or natural catastrophic sites, or other time-sensitive destinations. This could boost the disposable plastic blood bags market.
- Blood bag are manufactures are focusing on the bio compatible PVC materials and additives for the manufacturing of blood bags. These have superior blood preservation capabilities and safeguards blood’s components till transfusion or further use.
Some of the prominent players in the global disposable plastic blood bags market are Haemonetics Corporation, Kawasumi Laboratories, Inc., JMS Co., Ltd., Grifols International S.A., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, AdvaCare Pharma, Terumo Corporation, and Macopharma, Genesis BPS.
Global Disposable Plastic Blood Bags Market: Key Growth Dynamics
Rise in surgical procedures and surge in number of trauma and accidents around the globe is a strong factor propelling the global disposable plastic blood bags market. Apart from this, increasing in prevalence of diseases like anemia increases the demand of the disposable plastic blood bags. This is expected to offer a significant boost to the global disposable plastic blood bags market. Moreover, increase in geriatric population across is expected to drive the disposable plastic blood bags market. This is because geriatric people often suffer from problems such as low hemoglobin count, lesser plasma. Thus offering a significant push to the disposable plastic blood bags market.
Irregular and compromised use of sterilized needles and bags increases the risk of HIV infection and sepsis contraction. All this factors induces a sense of reluctance for the usage of disposable plastic bags among patients. Instead, they prefer fresh blood from donors rather than disposable plastics blood bags. This is a major factor restraining growth of the global disposable plastic blood bags market. Apart from this, lower number of blood donations in developing and undeveloped region impede the growth of the disposable blood bag market. Nevertheless, increasing government investment regarding blood donation awareness is likely to open lucrative avenues for the growth of the disposable plastic blood bags market.
Global Disposable Plastic Blood Bags Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is expected to maintain its dominance in the global disposable plastic blood bags market during 2015 - 2020. This is due to growing R&D activities in the blood transfusion technique and increasing prevalence of blood disorders in the region. Along with this, presence of prominent manufacturers in the region is another factor that contributes to the expansion of disposable plastic blood bags market in this region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.