Paper Cups Market - Overview
With growing awareness about environmental concerns among major population from all across the globe, an increased trend of using eco-friendly as well as biodegradable products is observed. As a part of this trend, people are seen choosing paper cups over cups manufactured with plastic contents. Considering this consumer shift, different businesses such as quick service restaurants, cafeterias, and other catering service providers are growing the use of paper cups. Besides, the busy lifestyle of major population across the globe is resulting into noteworthy growth in demand for user-friendly products such as paper cups.
Apart from being biodegradable in nature, paper cups are gaining huge traction owing to their availability in a wide range of shapes and sizes. The companies engaged in the paper cups production are growing focus toward making their products more attractive. Thus, they are growing cash inflow toward the research and development activities. Apart from this, several enterprises are increasing interest in expanding their production capabilities and regional presence. This motive is pushing them in indulging into various strategic moves such as collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships. All these activities are indicative of the growth of the global paper cups market at substantial pace in the years to follow.
Disposable Paper Cup – Introduction
- Disposable paper cups are the cups/glasses made of renewable sources such as paper and then lined with wax or liquid to prevent leakage
- These cups are made of food grade raw materials, which are hygienic in nature. Disposable paper cups are capable of holding hot as well as cold beverages for a long time.
- Disposable paper cups are widely used across the globe; rapid changes in lifestyle are anticipated to push the usage of these paper cups in the household sector
- When compared to paper cups made of other material such as plastic, the usage of paper cups hold several inherent advantages, eco-friendliness being one of them.
- Extensive use of paper cups in catering and events is likely to drive its demand during the forecast period
Benefits of Paper Cups over Other Alternatives to Fuel its Demand in the Global Market
- Disposable paper cups are biodegradable; thus they are considered more eco-friendly than other disposable paper cups such as the plastic ones
- Also, plastic paper cups are likely to contaminate its hot containments, whereas paper cups are considered more safe for consumption of hot beverages
- In addition, paper cups are available in numerous shapes and sizes, and also in customizable designs, and this makes them more attractive in the market
- These factors are likely to drive the overall market for disposable paper cups
Use of Harmful Chemicals to Manufacture Paper Cups Might Challenge the Market
- Some manufacturers of disposable paper cups use substantial amount of fluorescent whiting agent to present a whiter look to the cup
- These whiting agents are capable of mutating the cells, thus having harmful impact on the human body.
- Additionally, lack of quality standards might hamper the growth of the market in the near future
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Disposable Paper Cup Market, Request for a Sample
Increasing Use of Organic Components in Paper Cups Manufacturing to Create Demand Opportunities
- Disposable paper cups manufacturers have been considering the demand for eco-friendly and completely biodegradable disposable paper cups, thus focusing on product innovation and diversification by adopting sustainable manufacturing methods.
- The opportunity in the market lies amidst the rising demand for biodegradable paper cups from cafeterias, quick service restaurants, and other catering service providers.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Disposable Paper Cup Market
- In terms of geography, the global disposable paper cup market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the disposable paper cup market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The disposable paper cup market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018, attributed to presence of large scale manufacturers and availability of low cost raw materials. In addition, constantly rising population in Asia as well as North America are driving the disposable paper cups market in their respective regions.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Disposable Paper Cup Market
The global disposable paper cup market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global disposable paper cup market are:
- Dart Container
- Koch Industries
- Graphic Packaging
- Seda Group
- Groupo Phoenix
- AR Packaging
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by Type
- Air Pocket Insulated
- Poly-coated Paper
- Wax-coated Paper
- Others (Post Consumer, Sustainable, etc.)
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by End-user
- Café & QSR (Quick Service Restaurants
- Transportation Industry (Airports, Railways Stations, etc.)
- Event Management
- Corporate Sector
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.