Disposable Paper Cup – Introduction
- Disposable paper cups are the cups/glasses made of renewable sources such as paper and then lined with wax or liquid to prevent leakage
- These cups are made of food grade raw materials, which are hygienic in nature. Disposable paper cups are capable of holding hot as well as cold beverages for a long time.
- Disposable paper cups are widely used across the globe; rapid changes in lifestyle are anticipated to push the usage of these paper cups in the household sector
- When compared to paper cups made of other material such as plastic, the usage of paper cups hold several inherent advantages, eco-friendliness being one of them.
- Extensive use of paper cups in catering and events is likely to drive its demand during the forecast period
Benefits of Paper Cups over Other Alternatives to Fuel its Demand in the Global Market
- Disposable paper cups are biodegradable; thus they are considered more eco-friendly than other disposable paper cups such as the plastic ones
- Also, plastic paper cups are likely to contaminate its hot containments, whereas paper cups are considered more safe for consumption of hot beverages
- In addition, paper cups are available in numerous shapes and sizes, and also in customizable designs, and this makes them more attractive in the market
- These factors are likely to drive the overall market for disposable paper cups
Use of Harmful Chemicals to Manufacture Paper Cups Might Challenge the Market
- Some manufacturers of disposable paper cups use substantial amount of fluorescent whiting agent to present a whiter look to the cup
- These whiting agents are capable of mutating the cells, thus having harmful impact on the human body.
- Additionally, lack of quality standards might hamper the growth of the market in the near future
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Disposable Paper Cup Market, Request for a Sample
Increasing Use of Organic Components in Paper Cups Manufacturing to Create Demand Opportunities
- Disposable paper cups manufacturers have been considering the demand for eco-friendly and completely biodegradable disposable paper cups, thus focusing on product innovation and diversification by adopting sustainable manufacturing methods.
- The opportunity in the market lies amidst the rising demand for biodegradable paper cups from cafeterias, quick service restaurants, and other catering service providers.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Disposable Paper Cup Market
- In terms of geography, the global disposable paper cup market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the disposable paper cup market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The disposable paper cup market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018, attributed to presence of large scale manufacturers and availability of low cost raw materials. In addition, constantly rising population in Asia as well as North America are driving the disposable paper cups market in their respective regions.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Disposable Paper Cup Market
The global disposable paper cup market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global disposable paper cup market are:
- Dart Container
- Koch Industries
- Graphic Packaging
- Seda Group
- Groupo Phoenix
- AR Packaging
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by Type
- Air Pocket Insulated
- Poly-coated Paper
- Wax-coated Paper
- Others (Post Consumer, Sustainable, etc.)
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by End-user
- Café & QSR (Quick Service Restaurants
- Transportation Industry (Airports, Railways Stations, etc.)
- Event Management
- Corporate Sector
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
Global Disposable Paper Cup Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.