Disposable Battery Market: Introduction
- A disposable battery is an electrochemical cell in which electricity is generated by an irreversible chemical reaction, which makes it a non-rechargeable battery. Disposable batteries are also known as primary batteries. Disposable batteries are portable, small batteries with a long shelf life. Over the last few years, the use of electronic gadgets has significantly increased, which has promoted growth of the global disposable battery market. These batteries witness high demand for use in several consumer electronics goods.
- Market players are investing heavily in R&D of disposable batteries to develop more advanced and eco-friendly batteries
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Disposable Battery Market
- Disposable batteries have longer life than that of rechargeable batteries. A disposable alkaline battery works twice longer than a rechargeable battery. This makes disposable batteries useful for low-drain devices. Hence, long life is a key driver of the global disposable battery market.
- Disposable batteries have lower price than rechargeable batteries, which makes them the first choice of consumers. A rechargeable battery can be used for multiple times, due to which the cost of rechargeable batteries is significantly higher. Thus, the lower price of disposable batteries is expected to be a key driver of the global disposable battery market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about environment protection is expected to restrain the global disposable battery market during the forecast period. These batteries are used for one time only, after which they are dumped in landfills. Disposable batteries contain heavy metals and strong acids, which makes them a hazardous waste. Governments across the world are imposing stringent policies about the disposal of hazardous waste. Thus, increase in awareness related to the environment is expected to restrain the global disposable battery market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Disposable Battery Market: Segmentation
- The global disposable battery market can be segmented in terms of type and end-user
- Based on type, the global disposable battery market can be segmented into alkaline, nickel–cadmium, and others. Alkaline is expected to remain a prominent segment of the global market during the forecast period, owing to lower cost and longer life of alkaline disposable batteries as compared to other types of batteries.
- In terms of end-user, the global market can be segmented into consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, medical, defense & military, and others. The consumer electronics segment is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, due to high demand for disposable batteries for use in various electronics devices.
Global Disposable Battery Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global disposable battery market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global disposable battery market during the forecast period. The region witnesses high demand for consumer electronics, especially in countries such as China, India, and Japan. This factor is expected to propel the disposable battery market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- China dominates the disposable battery market in Asia Pacific. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period, owing to growth of the consumer electronics industry in the country.
- The market in North America is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to rapid increase in the adoption of consumer electronics devices and medical devices in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is a major consumer of medical devices and consumer electronics devices, due to which the country is estimated to dominate the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to increased adoption of battery devices in the region. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid industrial development in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
- In September 2019, Duracell Inc. acquired the battery and flashlight business of Eveready Industries India Ltd. The deal was valued at around US$ 2 Bn. With this deal, Duracell Inc. would be able to use manufacturing plants as well as the distribution network of Eveready.
- In January 2018, ENERGIZER announced to have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Spectrum Brands Inc. This deal was valued at US$ 2.0 Bn. Through this acquisition, ENERGIZER would be able to use the brand name as well as network of Spectrum Brands Inc.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- Battco Ltd
- GPB International Limited
- Panasonic Energy
- Southwest Electronic Energy Group
- Eveready Industries India Ltd
- Duracell Inc.
Global Disposable Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Battery Market, by Type
Global Disposable Battery Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense & Military
Global Disposable Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.