Disposable Battery Market: Introduction
- A disposable battery is an electrochemical cell in which electricity is generated by an irreversible chemical reaction, which makes it a non-rechargeable battery. Disposable batteries are also known as primary batteries. Disposable batteries are portable, small batteries with a long shelf life. Over the last few years, the use of electronic gadgets has significantly increased, which has promoted growth of the global disposable battery market. These batteries witness high demand for use in several consumer electronics goods.
- Market players are investing heavily in R&D of disposable batteries to develop more advanced and eco-friendly batteries
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Disposable Battery Market
- Disposable batteries have longer life than that of rechargeable batteries. A disposable alkaline battery works twice longer than a rechargeable battery. This makes disposable batteries useful for low-drain devices. Hence, long life is a key driver of the global disposable battery market.
- Disposable batteries have lower price than rechargeable batteries, which makes them the first choice of consumers. A rechargeable battery can be used for multiple times, due to which the cost of rechargeable batteries is significantly higher. Thus, the lower price of disposable batteries is expected to be a key driver of the global disposable battery market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about environment protection is expected to restrain the global disposable battery market during the forecast period. These batteries are used for one time only, after which they are dumped in landfills. Disposable batteries contain heavy metals and strong acids, which makes them a hazardous waste. Governments across the world are imposing stringent policies about the disposal of hazardous waste. Thus, increase in awareness related to the environment is expected to restrain the global disposable battery market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Disposable Battery Market: Segmentation
- The global disposable battery market can be segmented in terms of type and end-user
- Based on type, the global disposable battery market can be segmented into alkaline, nickel–cadmium, and others. Alkaline is expected to remain a prominent segment of the global market during the forecast period, owing to lower cost and longer life of alkaline disposable batteries as compared to other types of batteries.
- In terms of end-user, the global market can be segmented into consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, medical, defense & military, and others. The consumer electronics segment is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, due to high demand for disposable batteries for use in various electronics devices.
Global Disposable Battery Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global disposable battery market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global disposable battery market during the forecast period. The region witnesses high demand for consumer electronics, especially in countries such as China, India, and Japan. This factor is expected to propel the disposable battery market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- China dominates the disposable battery market in Asia Pacific. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period, owing to growth of the consumer electronics industry in the country.
- The market in North America is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to rapid increase in the adoption of consumer electronics devices and medical devices in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is a major consumer of medical devices and consumer electronics devices, due to which the country is estimated to dominate the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to increased adoption of battery devices in the region. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid industrial development in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
- In September 2019, Duracell Inc. acquired the battery and flashlight business of Eveready Industries India Ltd. The deal was valued at around US$ 2 Bn. With this deal, Duracell Inc. would be able to use manufacturing plants as well as the distribution network of Eveready.
- In January 2018, ENERGIZER announced to have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Spectrum Brands Inc. This deal was valued at US$ 2.0 Bn. Through this acquisition, ENERGIZER would be able to use the brand name as well as network of Spectrum Brands Inc.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- Battco Ltd
- GPB International Limited
- Panasonic Energy
- Southwest Electronic Energy Group
- Eveready Industries India Ltd
- Duracell Inc.
Global Disposable Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Battery Market, by Type
Global Disposable Battery Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense & Military
Global Disposable Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.