Global Disk-based Backup System Market - Introduction
- Disk-based backup system is defined as the data backup and recovery method which backs the data into hard disks. Used mostly in organizations and government sectors, a disk-based backup system helps to backup and preserve critical files and data. Additionally, it prevents the loss of files due to technology failures, natural disasters, and human errors.
- Disk-based backup system is a replacement of magnetic tapes which were the main source of backup until the mid-2000s. Moreover, a disk is cheaper than a tape and can be supplemented by methods such as tape or cloud backup for archiving or disaster recovery (DR). At the time of disk-based backup system failures, data can be recovered through the RAID (redundant array of independent disks) technology. Additionally, disk-based backup system often helps in data reduction methods such as deduplication and compression of data and maximizes storage capacity.
- Most organizations are preferring disk-based backup system owing to rising incidents of data breaches. However, organizations need to take care of capacity, implementation, and scalability while using disk-based backup system. Additionally, disk-based backup system needs to be aware about the recovery point, deduplication, replication, and continuous data protection (CDP).
- Disk-based backup system can provide storage in wide range, from 10 TB to 49 TB, 50 TB to 99 TB, and 100 TB to 199 TB. Moreover, disk-based backup systems are also available in petabytes. However, organizations are currently turning to the cloud; however, enterprises are still preferring disk-based backup systems for sensitive documents.
- North America is expected to be a prominent market for disk-based backup system, due to the presence of developed infrastructure facilities and well-established market players in the region. The disk-based backup system market in Asia Pacific is expanding, due to an increase in number of enterprises, relaxation of government policies, and adoption of digitization in the region.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Road Weather Information System Market – Dynamics
Increasing demand for data storage
- Need for data storage is increasing with the increasing usage of electronic devices products, creating an opportunity for the disk-based backup system market.
- Moreover, with technological advancement, organizations are embedding disk-based backup into devices, which is expected to propel the growth of the disk-based backup system market in the near future.
Increasing substitute products for disk-based backup systems
- Cloud based data backup systems are the emerging market to backup data. It is secure, scalable, and cheap to rent. Its capability of storing large amount of data virtually and ease of accessibility are hindering the growth of the disk-based backup system market.
Global Disk-based Backup System Market - Competitive Landscape
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Dell Technologies Inc.
- Founded in 1984, Dell Technologies Inc. has its headquarters in Round Rock, Texas, U.S. The company develops, manufactures, designs, markets, sells, and supports information technology (IT) products and services around the world. The American conglomerate operates its business through three segments, VMware, Client Solutions Group (CSG), and Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG). Dell Technologies Inc. has 157,000 full time employees worldwide.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- Incorporated in 1939, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company has its headquarters in San Jose, California, U.S. The company operates its business through four segments: hybrid IT, intelligent edge, financial services, and corporate investments. It provides HPE StoreOnce solution for backup and recovery, which provides disk based backup, deduplication, and safe long-term storage.
International Business Machines Corporation
- Incorporated in 1911, International Business Machines Corporation is based in Armonk, New York. The U.S based company specializes in integrated technology and services. It provides data management platforms, artificial intelligence platforms, and cloud based services. Additionally, it operates in financing, business consulting services, and cognitive solutions segments. IBM FlashSystem A9000R provides high performance capability with ultra-low latency.
Other prominent players operating in the Disk-based Backup System Market are:
- NEC Corporation
- FalconStor Software, Inc
- Nexsan, Inc, Ltd
- DataDirect Networks
- ExaGrid Systems, Inc.
- Symantec Corporation
Global Disk-based Backup System Market: Research Scope
Global Disk-based Backup System Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global Disk-based Backup System Market, by Industry
- IT & Telecom
- Military & Defense
- Others (Retail, Education & Aerospace)
Global Disk-based Backup System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Disk-based backup resources
- Disk-based backup technology
- Disk backup software
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.