Discrete Diodes Market
Discrete Diodes Market (Product: Power Diodes, Small-signal Diodes, and RF Diodes; and Application: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Communications, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Discrete Diodes Market - Power Dissipation Savings to Increase Sales Opportunity
Discrete diodes are commonly used in power system circuits to prevent reverse current and reverse polarity incidences. Increased applications in smart eMeters and thermostats helps ensure controlled power supplies, and backup batteries help prevent system downtime. Stakeholders in the power and energy landscape are raising the demand for discrete diodes that can be used to prevent the flowing back of power current in the secondary supply of circuits, so as to avoid any damage to electric systems, as such contributing to the growth of the discrete diodes market.
Manufacturers operating in the discrete diodes market are developing ideal products that intelligently control the forward voltage drop in power systems. This integration of the voltage control technique with discrete diodes in a single device helps in greater power dissipation savings. Thus, cost-effectiveness adds as a benefit to stakeholders and consumers in the power and energy ecosystem. Manufacturers in the discrete diodes market should focus on input power protection, such as reverse polarity protection and reverse current blocking in systems.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Discrete Diodes Market - Innovations in RF Diodes Create Opportunities in Flexible Electronics
Players of the discrete diodes market are intensifying research in radiofrequency (RF) rectifiers, which are an important component of the chips in RF identification (RFID) tags. The growing demand for flexible RFID tags, wireless communication applications, and wireless energy harvesting systems that can be produced in cost-effective budgets are also propelling the growth of the discrete diodes market.
Innovative applications such as printed or flexible electronics use organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs), organic photovoltaic, and thin-film transistors (TFTs) to be directly printed on flexible, lightweight, and thin substrates at much lower costs. Such varieties in discrete diodes are finding their way in RF applications. As such, players of the discrete diodes market are developing full plastic RFID tags based on organic and polymer diodes used in transistors printed on plastics.
RF diodes are being increasingly adopted in civilian and military radars, phone-based station transmitters, and satellite communication units. An estimated production of ~173 Bn units of RF diodes is anticipated to be witnessed in the year 2027. SiC (Silicon-carbide) diodes — a variation of RF diodes, enable higher switching speeds and microwave power control capabilities, which provides greater power handling during frequent switching speeds in a circuit. These discrete diodes also minimize the number of devices used to complete a circuit. Thus, manufacturers functioning in the discrete diodes market can focus on innovations that cater to the unmet needs of stakeholders in the military and communications sector, such as the facilitation of ultra-high frequency in microwave systems.
Strategic Team-ups and Intensifying Research Overcome Operational Restraints
Through increased research & development, manufacturers are trying to overcome the limitations of resonant-tunneling diodes (RTD) in discrete applications, such as in RTD oscillators. The operating frequencies of RTD oscillators are limited due to losses in resonators, such radiation loss as a result of the limitations in resonant-tunneling diodes. Resonant-tunneling diodes cannot provide enough negative differential conductance (NDC) to compensate for the energy loss, and cannot provide any gain of electricity after a certain limiting frequency, because NDC turns into positive differential conductance (PDC). Thus, manufacturers are improvising on the contact resistance and other parasitic issues that affect the operating frequencies of resonant-tunneling diodes in RTD oscillators.
Apart from novel innovation in the discrete diodes market, manufacturers are teaming up with various industry partners. For instance, Diodes Inc. — a leading semiconductor manufacturing company, announced its acquisition of Lite-On Semiconductor Corp. — a Taiwan-based supplier of semiconductor devices, with the idea of broadening its product lines.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Discrete Diodes Market
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Discrete Diodes Market”
Discrete Diodes Market: Analysts’ Viewpoint
Analysts of the discrete diodes market have a positive outlook for the growth during the forecast period. Manufacturers are focusing on three important 'Cs', i.e. innovations for applications in communications, consumer electronics, and computers. New versions of discrete diodes with modulator features are being increasingly used in the switches of isolation and broadband operations. Development of three-diode modulators for portable communication systems serve as compact and convenient design models. Market players are challenged by the functional limitations of discrete diodes in RTD oscillators used for microwave integrated circuits. As such, they are intensifying research to reduce contact resistances that affect the operating frequencies of RTD oscillators. Market players should aim to build strong business foundations with semiconductor manufacturing companies, and gauge untapped opportunities in the aerospace and military sectors.
Discrete Diodes: Definition/Overview
- A discrete diode is a set of individual circuits performing a single function. It has two terminals, the primary purpose of which is to allow current to flow in one direction and restrict it from flowing in the opposite direction, i.e. from the anode to the cathode.
- Discrete diodes are used in computers as well as applications across a wide range of sectors, including telecommunications, consumer electronics, and automotive.
- The global discrete diodes market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period, and reach a value of ~US$ 6.6 Bn by 2027. Market volume is expected to reach ~330 Bn units by 2027.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Regional Overview
- In 2018, in terms of revenue, North America dominated the global discrete diodes market.
- The dominance of North America is anticipated to further increase in the near future, owing to the presence of a large number of market players and extensive research & development activities being carried out in the field of discrete semiconductors in the region. Moreover, the increasing adoption of innovative electronic devices, coupled with supportive government initiatives, is expected to fuel the discrete diodes market in the region during the forecast period.
- The discrete diodes market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid growth of consumer electronics and automotive industries in the region. Asia Pacific is the world's largest manufacturer of electric and electronic products. Since discrete diodes are widely used in electric and electronic products, rise in the production of these products is expected to significantly increase the demand for discrete diodes in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The discrete diodes market in Europe is also likely to witness significant growth in the next few years, with growth of the automotive industry in the region. The region is likely to continue to hold the third-largest share of the global discrete diodes market during the forecast period.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Trends
- Key trends that impact the global discrete diodes market are automotive electrification and miniaturization.
- With the evolution of vehicle electrification, the functionality, quantity, and complexity of electronic components are also increasing.
- With the increased demand for discrete diodes for use in electric cars and plug-in hybrid electric cars, companies are introducing fresh-traction inverter diodes for use in electric cars, as these diodes are significant elements that can convert battery energy from direct current.
- In addition, the increasing use of advanced driver assistance systems is boosting the demand for semiconductors in the automotive sector, including discrete semiconductors such as varistors, diodes, and thyristors.
- In the last few years, electronic assembly and packaging techniques have become more complicated, which has prompted designers to decrease the size of their discrete diode products. New manufacturing techniques are also focused on miniaturizing discrete diodes and meeting the increasing demand of end users for electronic component solutions in ultra-small packages.
- Furthermore, market players are introducing ultra-small discrete diodes due to the increasing demand for portable products.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Over the last decade, consumer electronic devices have undergone immense transformation. The increasing demand for advanced and innovative electronic products has made companies focus on providing consumer products with enhanced functionality. Manufacturers are continuously upgrading their products in terms of design, processing power, power consumption, and user interface in order to gain higher market share.
- Application developers and producers are focusing on transformation by interconnecting household appliances through a single device, called a 'smart home', which is regulated by smartphone-installed apps.
- Increase in smartphone and tablet shipments across the globe is the key contributor to the global discrete diodes market. For use in communication apps, discrete diodes, such as laser diodes, are also preferred, as they are simple to modulate. They are used for high-speed data transmission.
- The increasing demand for better and innovative electronic appliances is anticipated to boost the global discrete diodes market throughout the forecast period.
- In addition, the use of semiconductors in the automotive industry is expected to increase in the near future.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global discrete diodes market and profiled in the research report are
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
- ROHM Semiconductor
- NXP Semiconductors
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Diodes Inc.
- On Semiconductor
- Microsemi Corp.
- Central Semiconductor Corporation
- Central Semiconductor Corporation
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions.
- Product innovation and development is a key strategy being adopted by several leading players operating in the global discrete diodes market.
- Companies are involved in R&D activities in order to develop innovative products, which helps them gain higher market share.
- Companies operating in the global discrete diodes market are also focusing on expanding their business through strategic acquisitions and partnerships.
Global Discrete Diodes Market – Scope of the Report
[156 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global discrete diodes market, with a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study of the global discrete diodes market analyzes the market scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2017 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of extensive information offered in the study.
This TMR study of the global discrete diodes market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with their competition landscape. The report also provides analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities along, with market trends and restraints. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the global discrete diodes market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors on the global discrete diodes market, along with their influence on the growth of the market
This study also offers Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and SWOT analysis of the global discrete diodes market, in order to elaborate on the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for players operating in the market.
Key Questions Answered in the Report on the Global Discrete Diodes Market
- How much revenue would the global discrete diodes market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What segment is likely to hold the maximum market share by 2027?
- What regions currently account for the maximum share of the global discrete diodes market?
- What are the factors expected to drive the global discrete diodes market during the forecast period?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market for discrete diodes during the forecast period?
- What are the major strategies adopted by key stakeholders in the global discrete diodes market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major developments being witnessed in the global discrete diodes market?
The report answers these questions about the global discrete diodes market, thereby aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for the expansion of their business.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global discrete diodes market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global discrete diodes market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers have arrived at predictions and estimations, and have calculated the forecasts for the global discrete diodes market.
This report uses the analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the global discrete diodes market, with the help of both, the bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the global discrete diodes market, along with an overview of the market, is provided based on careful examination of the growth avenues for the market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global discrete diodes market is poised to expand are based on carefully-vetted primary and secondary sources.
Global Discrete Diodes Market: Segmentation
This report on the global discrete diodes market has been systematically segmented to give readers a clear idea about the market and its happenings. As such, the global discrete diodes market has been bifurcated into segments in terms of product, application, and region.