Discrete Diodes Market
Discrete Diodes Market (Product Type: Power Diode [Zener Diode, Schottky Diode, and Rectifier Diode], Small Signal Switching Diode, RF Diode, and Others; and Application: Automotive, Communication, Consumer Electronics, Computer, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- 248 Pages
Production Facilities in China Overcome Logistic Challenges to Tide over COVID-19 Crisis
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had minor effect on the semiconductor industry. This has led to the hope for speedy economic revival for the discrete diodes market. However, manufacturers in the automotive, communication, and other end-use industries are hesitant to direct investments in new products, due to the global slowdown in economic activities. Hence, companies in the discrete diodes market are diversifying their distribution and supply chains in consumer electronics. The growing eCommerce sector is further aiding in keep economies running during the COVID-19 era.
Partial and complete suspension of production activities in several parts of the world is creating challenges in market expansion. China, being the hub of consumer electronic manufacturing, has been successful in overcoming its logistical, packaging, and testing hurdles. Production facilities in China are anticipated to function with high capacity rates by the first and second quarter of 2021.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Discrete Diodes Market
Strong Research in Discrete Components Drive Product Innovation
Manufacturers in the automotive, electronics, and communication sectors are opting for integrated circuits (ICs) with discrete diodes instead of digital circuits. Discrete components are compact with sizes in micrometers and millimeters, which lead to advantages in speed and power consumption, since smaller components have reduced parasitic resistance, capacitances, and inductances. However, manufacturers in end markets should be aware of pros and cons of discrete diodes to efficiently manufacture products.
Linear voltage regulators, for instance, have advantages of simple design, less output ripple, and faster response time compared to other discrete components. However, one must also know its disadvantages such as relatively large space requirement, difficulty in increasing voltage, and requirement of heat sink. Thus, gaining a strong research base in discrete components is helping manufacturers in the discrete diodes market to scale, in terms of product offerings.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
TVS Diodes Help Prevent Abnormal Transient Voltages in Automobile Components
Accompanying the computerization of automobiles, protection against ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) has been emphasized. Hence, companies in the discrete diodes market, such as Toshiba— a Japan-based multinational conglomerate, is increasing its production capacities in discrete diodes and components to address risks of surge in static electricity caused to the ECU (Electronic Control Unit). The ever-evolving automotive industry is creating stable revenue streams for companies in the discrete diodes market. This explains why the discrete diodes market is predicted to reach the value of US$ 6 Bn by 2030.
Semiconductor companies are increasing the availability of TVS (Transient-Voltage-Suppression) diodes to protect devices from abnormal transient voltages that penetrate from external terminals to prevent damage and malfunction. Manufacturers are increasing their product lineup in components for the protection of general purpose CAN/LIN lines as well as high-speed signaling types to protect communication lines, such as LVDs (low voltage disconnect).
High-density Packaging, Miniaturization of ECUs Trigger Demand for Discrete Diodes
Manufacturers in the discrete diodes market are increasing their production capabilities in smaller packages. They are focusing on manufacturing TVS diodes to deploy ESD protection. High-density packaging and miniaturization of ECUs is a fast growing phenomenon in the global discrete diodes market. Manufacturers in this market have tremendous opportunities in LED driver solutions and other applications such as in load switches, voltage regulators, and transistors. However, a higher supply side of components compared to the demand explains why the market is slated to register a modest CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. Hence, manufacturers need to constantly innovate in R&D to gain a competitive edge over other market players. For instance, Diodes Incorporated— a manufacturer of high-quality semiconductor products, is gaining proficiency in high performance and optimized packaging of discrete components.
Defense and Space Platforms Fuel Demand for Reliable Discrete Technologies
Apart from automotive and consumer electronics, manufacturers in the discrete diodes market are expanding their revenue streams within aerospace, defense, and commercial aviation applications. Microchip Technology Incorporated— a leading provider of smart, connected, and secure embedded control solutions, is unlocking growth opportunities in aerospace and industrial applications by delivering high-reliability discrete technologies. Major defense and space platforms are creating new business avenues for semiconductor companies.
In addition, companies in the discrete diodes market are complying with the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council (JEDEC) standards to support latest programs in defense and space sectors. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to build their product portfolio with the help of new screening options and state of the art manufacturing to adapt with changing needs of clients.
Innovative Discrete Solutions Meet Ever-changing Requirements of Designers
Companies in the discrete diodes market are expanding their product lines in rectifier devices, voltage regulator devices, hybrid devices, and transistor devices, among others. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to cater to high temperature applications. For instance, Central Semiconductor Corp. is gaining market recognition for its innovative discrete solutions in order to meet ever-changing requirements of designers. With the help of R&D, manufacturers are increasing their focus in metallization for standard die attach technologies.
Manufacturers are offering top metallization solutions for wire bonding. They are increasing the availability of innovative discrete semiconductor solutions to enable positive temperature co-efficiency. In order to bolster sales of components, companies in the discrete diodes market are providing temperature independent switching characteristics in components. Apart from China, manufacturers in India such as Naina Semiconductor Ltd. (NSL) are tapping into incremental opportunities in countries of the U.S., the U.K., the Middle East, Europe, and South East Asia.
China and Korea Pose as Stiff Competition to Indian Semiconductor Manufacturers
The growing telecom industry in India is creating revenue opportunities for companies in the India discrete diodes market. High quality components are helping to boost company credentials. As such, China and Korea are emerging as a tough competition for manufacturers in India. Manufacturers in the India discrete diodes market are developing a large product range catering to electronic measuring instruments and laboratory improvements. Increased compliance with QM/QS standards is helping manufacturers gain market recognition. As such, manufacturers are increasing their output capacities in zener diodes that are used as voltage regulators.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Discrete Diodes Market
The abundance of chip inventory is helping to keep economies running in the discrete diodes market during the COVID-19 outbreak. This trend is anticipated to offset the losses of 2020, since chips have increased in complexity into hundreds of millions of transistors. However, manufacturers need to be aware about the pros and cons of discrete diodes to meet specific needs of designers. Hence, manufacturers need to boost their R&D to increase the availability of high reliability discrete technologies. Companies should tap into incremental opportunities in aerospace, defense, and commercial aviation applications to broaden their revenue streams. They should establish stable revenue streams for protection devices.
Discrete Diodes Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global discrete diodes market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, usage of discrete diodes in automotive, consumer electronics, and communication sectors and increasing application of discrete diodes in consumer electronics are factors expected to boost the global discrete diodes market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global discrete diodes market is estimated to reach value of US$ 6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period
Proliferation of Advanced Electronics in Various Industries: Key Driver of Discrete Diodes Market
- Consumer electronics devices have witnessed massive transformation over the past decade. Application developers and manufacturers are trying to bring in further transition by interconnecting household devices through a single unit called smart homes, controlled by applications installed on smartphones.
- Growing demand for better electronics and rapid innovation have encouraged manufacturers to focus on customized consumer products with improved functionalities. This advanced transformation requires manufacturers to continuously upgrade their products in terms of design, processing power, power consumption, and user-interface to acquire higher market share.
- Moreover, advanced semiconductor devices, such as discrete diodes, including power diodes and Schottky diodes are essential, as they are the core of any electronic circuit, thereby ensuring robust hardware for technology. This demand for better and innovative electronic devices is expected to propel the global discrete diodes market during the forecast period.
- Rising shipment of smartphones and tablets across the globe is the key contributor to the dominance of the consumer electronics segment in the discrete diodes market. Moreover, discrete diodes such as laser diodes are preferred for communication applications, as they are easy to modulate and are used for high-speed data transmissions.
- Thus, demand for discrete diodes is estimated to increase over the next few years and major players in the discrete diodes market are utilizing economies of scale to meet the rising demand
- However, the strong foothold of existing and established companies in the market has created high entry barriers for new and emerging players, as new technologies for production, low power consumption, and compact packaging, along with low cost tools and equipment used in the production of discrete diodes is resulting in cost-effective production, thereby increasing the demand for discrete diodes. This is also ensuring the development of better components across electronic industries and the automotive sector, leading to tough competition in the discrete diodes market.
Growing Adoption of Discrete Diodes in Modern Automobiles
- Use of semiconductors in the auto industry is expected to expand as new applications develop. These days, much of the auto industry’s developments include semiconductor technology in vehicle designs.
- Autos now incorporate a range of telematics (long-distance data transmission) and infotainment capabilities, transforming cars into mobile hotspots and feeding drivers information on everything from collision avoidance to available parking spot locations
- Different types of components are required for this increasingly complex set of functionality, and companies are continually engaged in developing a wide range of discrete semiconductor products for these applications
- As automobiles become smarter and more capable, they utilize more number of advanced electrical components and circuits
- Increased consumer demand has caused many luxury car features to find their way into the non-luxury car market, which is causing an increase in overall demand for discrete semiconductors across the globe.
Discrete Diodes Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of discrete diodes have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global discrete diodes market are
- Diodes Incorporated
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- Microsemi Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
- ON Semiconductor
- ROHM Co., Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
Discrete Diodes Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of discrete diodes, such as Senko Advanced Components, Molex LLC, and Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. are focusing on the construction of cost-effective discrete diodes to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global discrete diodes market are highlighted below:
- In July 2019, Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. launched short-wavelength ultraviolet (UVC) emitting diodes for sterilization, sanitation, and purification applications
- In December 2018, Toshiba Corporation launched a new series of TVS diodes namely DF2SxxP2. The new diodes protect power lines of smartphones and tablets by suppressing malfunction and noise from induced lightning.
- In November 2018, Microsemi Corporation announced the availability of a series of new plastic packaged PIN diode control products. These new devices are highly cost-competitive and can provide higher RF functionality.
- In August 2017, Infineon Technologies AG launched a new Automotive Schottky Diode “CoolSiC,” that enables users to develop radical new product designs with the best system cost-performance ratio
- In the global discrete diodes market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of discrete diodes. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global discrete diodes market.
Discrete Diodes Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global discrete diodes market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global discrete diodes market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global discrete diodes market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global discrete diodes market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global discrete diodes market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global discrete diodes market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global discrete diodes market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of Discrete Diodes Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global discrete diodes market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the product type segment on the global discrete diodes market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of discrete diodes in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global discrete diodes market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global discrete diodes market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global discrete diodes market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global discrete diodes market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global discrete diodes market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global discrete diodes market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global discrete diodes market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global discrete diodes market more reliable and accurate.
Discrete Diodes Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global discrete diodes market segments the market based on product type, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global discrete diodes market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.