Disconnect Switch: Introduction
- Disconnect switch is an electronic equipment that is used to isolate the electrical circuit or equipment from its source of power to perform maintenance.
- Disconnect switches have extensive applications in large industries and power distribution applications. Disconnect switches are also popularly known as isolator switches, safety switches, and load break switches.
- Disconnect switches are segmented based on type (fused, non-fused), mounts (panel mounts, DIN rail mounts, others), voltage (low, medium, high), application (industrial, commercial), and region.
Rise in Demand for Low Voltage Disconnect Switch
- By voltage, the low voltage segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the disconnect switch market during the forecast period since disconnect switches in this range are largely used in distribution, infrastructure, photovoltaic, light commercial, and light manufacturing applications.
- Moreover, rising transmission and distribution expenditure all over the world, increasing infrastructural and industrial developments, along with growing awareness about safety concerns is expected to propel the growth of the low voltage disconnect switches market during the forecast period.
- The second fastest market growth is seen in fused disconnect switch segment of the disconnect switch market due to its substantial applications in the industrial sector.
- The growth of distribution and transmission networks across the world, essential infrastructure growth in developing and developed regions, rapid growth of urbanization and industrialization across the world, and strict government rules for worker safety boosts the global disconnect switch market.
- However, fluctuating cost of raw materials of disconnect switches, and the presence of low-quality cheap products in the market are the major restraints of the global disconnect switch market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Disconnect Switch Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Lead the Disconnect Switch Market
- In terms of region, the global disconnect switch market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing disconnect switch market throughout the forecast period due to the increase in generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity, leading to high demand for associated components such as disconnect switches and other components, to meet this increased demand.
- Moreover, rapid industrialization, expanding manufacturing activities, presence of a large number of manufacturing companies, and these companies adopting automation also propels the growth of disconnect switches for safety purposes.
- North America is likely to be the second fastest growing market for disconnect switches during the forecast period due to considerable spending expected on disconnect switches in the next few years, and rising demand from aged transmission lines for safety purposes.
- The disconnect switch market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to growing demand for disconnect switches from countries in Western Europe. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Disconnect Switch Market
The global disconnect switch market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for disconnect switches. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global disconnect switch market are:
- ABB Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Eaton Corporation
- Elemech International FZE
- General Electric Company
- Havells India Ltd
- Schneider Electric SE
- Share-Tech (HK) Limited
- Siemens AG
- Wenzhou Shuguang Fuse Co., Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Disconnect Switch Market: Research Scope
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Type
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Mounts
- Panel Mounts
- DIN Rail Mounts
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Voltage
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.