Disconnect Switch: Introduction
- Disconnect switch is an electronic equipment that is used to isolate the electrical circuit or equipment from its source of power to perform maintenance.
- Disconnect switches have extensive applications in large industries and power distribution applications. Disconnect switches are also popularly known as isolator switches, safety switches, and load break switches.
- Disconnect switches are segmented based on type (fused, non-fused), mounts (panel mounts, DIN rail mounts, others), voltage (low, medium, high), application (industrial, commercial), and region.
Rise in Demand for Low Voltage Disconnect Switch
- By voltage, the low voltage segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the disconnect switch market during the forecast period since disconnect switches in this range are largely used in distribution, infrastructure, photovoltaic, light commercial, and light manufacturing applications.
- Moreover, rising transmission and distribution expenditure all over the world, increasing infrastructural and industrial developments, along with growing awareness about safety concerns is expected to propel the growth of the low voltage disconnect switches market during the forecast period.
- The second fastest market growth is seen in fused disconnect switch segment of the disconnect switch market due to its substantial applications in the industrial sector.
- The growth of distribution and transmission networks across the world, essential infrastructure growth in developing and developed regions, rapid growth of urbanization and industrialization across the world, and strict government rules for worker safety boosts the global disconnect switch market.
- However, fluctuating cost of raw materials of disconnect switches, and the presence of low-quality cheap products in the market are the major restraints of the global disconnect switch market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Disconnect Switch Market
- In terms of region, the global disconnect switch market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing disconnect switch market throughout the forecast period due to the increase in generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity, leading to high demand for associated components such as disconnect switches and other components, to meet this increased demand.
- Moreover, rapid industrialization, expanding manufacturing activities, presence of a large number of manufacturing companies, and these companies adopting automation also propels the growth of disconnect switches for safety purposes.
- North America is likely to be the second fastest growing market for disconnect switches during the forecast period due to considerable spending expected on disconnect switches in the next few years, and rising demand from aged transmission lines for safety purposes.
- The disconnect switch market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to growing demand for disconnect switches from countries in Western Europe. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Disconnect Switch Market
The global disconnect switch market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for disconnect switches. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global disconnect switch market are:
- ABB Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Eaton Corporation
- Elemech International FZE
- General Electric Company
- Havells India Ltd
- Schneider Electric SE
- Share-Tech (HK) Limited
- Siemens AG
- Wenzhou Shuguang Fuse Co., Ltd.
Global Disconnect Switch Market: Research Scope
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Type
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Mounts
- Panel Mounts
- DIN Rail Mounts
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Voltage
Global Disconnect Switch Market, by Application