Direct-fed Microbials: Introduction
- Direct-fed microbials help provide the microbial balance in the digestive tract. They are widely used in the dairy sector, as they help improve digestion and reduce intestinal disorders.
- Direct-fed microbials provide health and medicinal benefits to animals. These benefits include preclusion and cure of diseases in addition to the basic nutritional components found in feedstuff. Decline in usage of antibiotic growth promoters across the globe is driving the sales of direct-fed microbials.
Key Drivers of Direct-fed Microbials Market
- The global direct-fed microbials market is expanding at a rapid pace owing to increase in awareness about feed quality and safety; rise in demand for animal feed and animal protein; changes in farming practices and technology; and replacement of antibiotic growth promoters with direct-fed microbials
- Recently, the European Union (EU) imposed a ban on the usage of antibiotics for promoting growth in animals. This is anticipated to boost the direct-fed microbials market in the region. Increase in instances of bans on antibiotics in other parts of the world are also fueling the market. Currently, North America is the major region of the global direct-fed microbials market.
Poultry Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, poultry is estimated to be a rapidly growing segment of the market during the forecast period. Direct-fed microbials provide poultry birds with protein and help increase their growth rate. Demand for poultry meat is rising across the globe owing to its high nutritional value. This, in turn, is projected to drive the direct-fed microbials market in the near future.
- Direct-fed microbials are available in dry and liquid forms. The dry form has a longer shelf life compared to the liquid form. Dry microbials are used in various animal feed additive products, while liquid form direct-fed microbials are used by farmers, as they are easily mixable and do not affect the texture of the feed.
Covid-19 Impact on Direct-fed Microbials Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic, such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and shutdown of various factories and workplaces in several countries, could save lives; however, these measures are having wide-ranging economic effects inducing economic contagion. Along with the risk of slowdown of global growth, the effects of COVID-19 are adversely affecting various sectors in economies across the globe.
- Key segments of manufacturing have ceased operations in several countries across the globe in response to the lockdown orders issued by governments of these countries and the suspension of public transport services
- Manufacturers of direct-fed microbials across the globe are facing concerns regarding the availability of raw materials due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has hampered the manufacture of products. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to be high on the direct-fed microbials market in 2020 and 2021.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Direct-fed Microbials Market
- In terms of region, the global direct-fed microbials can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of a number of animal protein manufacturing companies in the region. Germany and the Netherlands are expected to account for prominent share of the direct-fed microbials market in Europe in the near future, due to the expanding animal husbandry sector in the region.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in production of direct-fed microbial based proteins across the region
Key Players in Global Direct-fed Microbials Market
The global direct-fed microbials market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%–40% share. Prominent players operating in the global direct-fed microbials market include:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Kemin Industries, Inc.
- Biomin Holding GmbH
- Lallemand, Inc.
- Novus International, Inc.
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market: Research Scope
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Type
- Lactic Acid Bacteria
- Streptococcus Thermophilus
- Bacillus Subtilis
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Form
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Application
- Aquatic Animals
Global Direct-fed Microbials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.