Dioctyl Sebacate: Introduction
- Dioctyl sebacate is also known as di(2-ethylhexyl) sebacate. It is an organic compound, which is the diester of sebacic acid and 2-ethylhexanol.
- It is an oily colorless liquid and is widely used as a plasticizer. It has also uses in Dot 5 brake fluid and ester-based engine oils and additives.
- Dioctyl sebacate is primarily used as a plasticizer. Its exceptional resistance to cold and the elements, as well as its insulation properties, heat resistance, and low volatility make it a regular choice in the manufacture of wire and cable jackets.
- Dioctyl sebacate is used in several applications such as lubricants & greases, plastics, rubber, and textiles. Dioctyl sebacate provides a silky feel and spreads easily. Therefore, it is used in the personal care industry in deodorants and antiperspirants, makeup products, skin conditioners, lotions, and sunscreens.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Dioctyl Sebacate Market
- Increase in usage of dioctyl sebacate in several applications such as lubricants and greases in industrial, marine, automotive, and aerospace is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Rise in trade of vehicles and their spare parts is anticipated to fuel the demand for dioctyl sebacate in lubricants and greases application.
- Growth of the cosmetics industry is another driver of the dioctyl sebacate market. Cosmetic players are changing their product branding and advertising strategies to accelerate their sales across various countries. Innovative strategies such as new product launches with natural ingredients and appealing packaging have been adopted by companies to increase sales of their cosmetics products. This is anticipated drive the cosmetic industry, thus boosting the dioctyl sebacate market.
- It has become more challenging for companies to acquire sebacic acid-based plasticizers due to increasing costs, and uncertainty and lack of stable supply of sebacic acid. This is estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Dioctyl Sebacate: Segments
- The dioctyl sebacate market can be segmented based on rate of purity, application, and region
- Based on rate of purity, the market can be divided into 98%, 99%, and others
- In terms of application, the market can be fragmented into lubricants & greases, plastics, rubber, textile, and others
- Based on region, the market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
COVID-19 Impact on Dioctyl Sebacate Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Shortage of labor due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and unavailability of raw materials are further expected to hamper the dioctyl sebacate market in the near future
North America to Dominate Dioctyl Sebacate Market
- Based on region, North America is likely to dominate the global dioctyl sebacate market, followed by Europe, during the forecast period. North America is an emerging region in terms of consumption of dioctyl sebacate led by significant growth of cosmetics, textile, and oil & grease industries in the region.
- The market in countries in Europe, such as the U.K., Germany, and France, is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period
- Demand for dioctyl sebacate is increasing considerably in countries such as Brazil and Mexico in Latin America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market
The global dioctyl sebacate market was consolidated in 2021. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global dioctyl sebacate market include:
- KLJ Group
- Daihachi Chemical
- Henan Qingan Chemical Hi-tech
- UPC Group
- Bluesail Chemical Group
- IRO Group
- Weifang Limin Chemical
- Chaohu Xiangfeng Plastic AIDS
- Shandong Siqiang Chemical
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market: Research Scope
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market, by Rate of Purity
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market, by Application
- Lubricants & Greases
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa