Dioctyl Sebacate: Introduction
- Dioctyl sebacate is also known as di(2-ethylhexyl) sebacate. It is an organic compound, which is the diester of sebacic acid and 2-ethylhexanol.
- It is an oily colorless liquid and is widely used as a plasticizer. It has also uses in Dot 5 brake fluid and ester-based engine oils and additives.
- Dioctyl sebacate is primarily used as a plasticizer. Its exceptional resistance to cold and the elements, as well as its insulation properties, heat resistance, and low volatility make it a regular choice in the manufacture of wire and cable jackets.
- Dioctyl sebacate is used in several applications such as lubricants & greases, plastics, rubber, and textiles. Dioctyl sebacate provides a silky feel and spreads easily. Therefore, it is used in the personal care industry in deodorants and antiperspirants, makeup products, skin conditioners, lotions, and sunscreens.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Dioctyl Sebacate Market
- Increase in usage of dioctyl sebacate in several applications such as lubricants and greases in industrial, marine, automotive, and aerospace is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Rise in trade of vehicles and their spare parts is anticipated to fuel the demand for dioctyl sebacate in lubricants and greases application.
- Growth of the cosmetics industry is another driver of the dioctyl sebacate market. Cosmetic players are changing their product branding and advertising strategies to accelerate their sales across various countries. Innovative strategies such as new product launches with natural ingredients and appealing packaging have been adopted by companies to increase sales of their cosmetics products. This is anticipated drive the cosmetic industry, thus boosting the dioctyl sebacate market.
- It has become more challenging for companies to acquire sebacic acid-based plasticizers due to increasing costs, and uncertainty and lack of stable supply of sebacic acid. This is estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Dioctyl Sebacate: Segments
- The dioctyl sebacate market can be segmented based on rate of purity, application, and region
- Based on rate of purity, the market can be divided into 98%, 99%, and others
- In terms of application, the market can be fragmented into lubricants & greases, plastics, rubber, textile, and others
- Based on region, the market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
COVID-19 Impact on Dioctyl Sebacate Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Shortage of labor due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and unavailability of raw materials are further expected to hamper the dioctyl sebacate market in the near future
North America to Dominate Dioctyl Sebacate Market
- Based on region, North America is likely to dominate the global dioctyl sebacate market, followed by Europe, during the forecast period. North America is an emerging region in terms of consumption of dioctyl sebacate led by significant growth of cosmetics, textile, and oil & grease industries in the region.
- The market in countries in Europe, such as the U.K., Germany, and France, is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period
- Demand for dioctyl sebacate is increasing considerably in countries such as Brazil and Mexico in Latin America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market
The global dioctyl sebacate market was consolidated in 2021. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global dioctyl sebacate market include:
- KLJ Group
- Daihachi Chemical
- Henan Qingan Chemical Hi-tech
- UPC Group
- Bluesail Chemical Group
- IRO Group
- Weifang Limin Chemical
- Chaohu Xiangfeng Plastic AIDS
- Shandong Siqiang Chemical
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market: Research Scope
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market, by Rate of Purity
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market, by Application
- Lubricants & Greases
Global Dioctyl Sebacate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.