Dioctyl Phthalate Market: Overview
Dioctyl phthalate (DOP) is a colorless viscous liquid, which is non-soluble in water; however, it is soluble in oil. Its chemical names include phthalic acid, Bis (2-ethylhexyl) ester, and diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP). These are manufactured by the reaction of 2-ethylhexonal with phthalic anhydride in the presence of catalyst sulfuric acid. Dioctyl phthalate is commonly used as a plasticizer and softening agent. It is also used as a solvent for manufacturing glow sticks.
Dioctyl Phthalate Market: Drivers & Restraints
Increase in usage of dioctyl phthalate in the plastic industry as a plasticizer is driving the global market. Dioctyl phthalate acts as a softening agent by increasing the flexibility of plastic. Majority of electronic gadgets, laptops, wires, and cables are made from plastic. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the dioctyl phthalate market. Dioctyl phthalate and its derivatives can cause endocrine problems in males and can damage their fertility; therefore, France has banned its usage in pediatric and maternity wards in hospitals. Health problems caused due to dioctyl phthalate is likely to restrain the global dioctyl phthalate market. Dioctyl terephthalate, as a phthalate-free plasticizer, is projected to substitute for dioctyl phthalate. This, in turn, is expected to hamper the global dioctyl phthalate market.
Dioctyl Phthalate Market: Key Segments
Based on end-user, the dioctyl phthalate market can be divided into electrical & electronic, building & construction, medical, and others, which includes household, solvent in erasable inks, acaricide in orchards, pesticides, and packaging. Dioctyl phthalate is extensively employed in electrical & electronic due to its properties such as softening, stability against heat & ultraviolet light, as a polymeric coating on cables and wires to increase the elasticity of the product. Dioctyl phthalate is used in applications such as paints, lacquers, inks, adhesives, and sealants due to its heat resistance properties. In household products, dioctyl phthalate finds application in fabricating vinyl products such as vinyl upholstery, tablecloth, shower, curtain, raincoat, shoes, garden hoses, and swimming pools liners. In building & construction, dioctyl phthalate is used for flooring, wall covering, roofing, and others.
Dioctyl Phthalate Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, the global dioctyl phthalate market can be segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific and Europe are anticipated to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period. The market in both the regions is likely to expand at a rapid pace due to growth in population and cost effectiveness of plastic products. China and India, being highly populated countries and developing nations, are anticipated to account for large share of the global dioctyl phthalate market. Furthermore, in countries such as India, state governments have banned the usage of single-use disposable plastic products, as these block sewers & drains, and pollute the water bodies. Environmental pollution and adverse health effects are likely to restrain the global market of dioctyl phthalate in developing nation.
Dioctyl Phthalate Market: Key Players
Prominent players operating in the global dioctyl phthalate market include PURE CHEMICALS GROUP, LG Chem., AEKYUNG PETROCHEMICAL Co., Ltd, KLJ Group., EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, and Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. These companies engage in research & development activities, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions to gain market share.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.