Dimethyl Dicarbonate Market Outlook:
Dimethyl dicarbonate is a synthetic preservative used mostly as a beverage preservative. The packaged food industry is witnessing steady growth owing to which substantial growth is being witnessed in the food preservation industry. Dimethyl dicarbonate is used in wines as it inhibits the growth of wine spoilage yeasts. Due to its versatile nature, dimethyl dicarbonate also finds applications in non-alcoholic beverages where it is used to stabilize carbonated or non-carbonated beverages, such as iced tea and flavored water. Dimethyl dicarbonate is easily available and is thus, relatively inexpensive.
Dimethyl dicarbonate penetrates cells and deactivates enzymes, leading to the destruction of microorganisms. When added to a beverage, dimethyl dicarbonate rapidly breaks down into negligible amounts of methanol and carbon dioxide -- two naturally occurring compounds in many beverages, such as fruit and vegetable juices and wines. It has no effect on the taste, smell or colour of the beverage. Dimethyl dicarbonate is suitable for carbonated or non-carbonated juice beverages, isotonic sports beverages, iced teas and flavored water and wines.
Growth of Beverages Industry and Use of Preservatives is Driving Dimethyl Dicarbonate Market
In the current market scenario, preservatives are witnessing strong traction in the food and beverage industry. Synthetic preservatives, such as dimethyl dicarbonate, reduce the cost of the final product and thus, boost the demand for food products. Supply side participants are getting attracted towards dimethyl dicarbonate. Dimethyl dicarbonate is a very popular preservative in the beverages industry and finds applications in most of the beverages. Dimethyl dicarbonate also helps extend the shelf life of products, thereby making them more consumer-centric.
Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to lead the global dimethyl dicarbonate market owing to high demand for food preservatives from the food industry in the region. Industrialization of dairy and meat industry is also one of the significant factors expected to push the growth of dimethyl dicarbonate market in the region. Europe and North America are expected to record significant growth share over the forecast period owing to high adoption of environmental-friendly chemicals in food and feed. Therefore, the overall market of dimethyl carbonate market is expected to witness healthy growth over the forecast period.
Dimethyl dicarbonate Market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form, the Global Dimethyl dicarbonate market has been segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the Global Dimethyl dicarbonate market has been segmented as:
- Iced Tea
- Flavored Water
- Isotonic Sports beverages
On the basis of region, the Dimethyl dicarbonate market has been segmented as:
- North America Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
- Latin America Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
- Europe Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
- CIS & Russia Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
- Japan Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
- APEJ Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
- The Middle East & Africa Dimethyl dicarbonate Market
Global Dimethyl Dicarbonate Market: Market Participants
The key market participants identified across the value chain of the global Dimethyl Dicarbonate market are Santa Cruz Biotechnology, EMD Millipore, DrinkStar, BOC Sciences, Lanxess, Shanghai Worldyang Chemical, Hangzhou Element Additive Technology, Hangzhou FandaChem and Chihon Biotechnology, among others.
Opportunities for Dimethyl dicarbonate Market participants:
The demand for packaged food is growing every day at a global level. This is leading to the growth of the preservatives industry, which is acting as a catalyst and boosting the demand for Dimethyl dicarbonate. With the growing global population and increasing competition, the pace of life has become quite fast. Consumers are looking for convenient, portable and ready to use food products. This is a major factor expected to give a push to the growth of the packaged food industry and thereby, also fuelling the demand for food preservatives, such as dimethyl dicarbonate. Dimethyl dicarbonate not only helps in maintaining the color and odor of food products but also helps in extending the shelf life of food products. The Dimethyl dicarbonate market is anticipated to witness steady growth in the Asia-Pacific region owing to the increasing population. Easy availability and low cost will lead to high-profit-margins in the dimethyl dicarbonate market, which, in turn, will attract a lot of new players into the dimethyl dicarbonate market.
Brief Approach to Research for Dimethyl dicarbonate Market:
The company will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
Some of the key data points covered in our report for the Dimethyl dicarbonate market include:
- An overview of the Dimethyl dicarbonate market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Dimethyl dicarbonate market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Dimethyl dicarbonate market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Dimethyl dicarbonate market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Dimethyl dicarbonate market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.