Digital Video Advertising: Introduction
- Videos are a powerful marketing strategy and advertisement option to attract customers. Digital video advertising which is also known as online video advertising, is a strategy of advertising a particular product or service in a video format. The video is broadcast on various social media platforms such as Facebook, and Instagram, or on news websites, mobile applications, and games.
- Digital video advertising encompasses online display advertisements within an application or website; it generally occurs before, during and/ or after a video stream on the internet.
- The global digital video advertising market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing demand to adopt innovative ways of advertising to attract customers in the digital world.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Digital Video Advertising Market
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Dynamics
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in demand for automation of advertisement processes is expected to boost the digital video advertising market during the forecast period.
- Rising technological advancements and changing consumer behavior have encouraged advertisers to adopt innovative ways of advertising. This is primarily because currently, the consumer is more focused on brands and products.
- Rise in adoption of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) in digital marketing is expected to boost the demand for digital video advertising across the globe. For example, Google is working on VR advertising.
- Increase in online shopping and significant shift in consumer buying patterns have pushed the demand for digital video advertising
- Increasing adoption of smartphones, smart televisions etc. in rural and urban areas across the globe is estimated to propel the global digital video advertising market during the forecast period
- Emergence of digital technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) is also anticipated to boost the demand for digital video advertising during the forecast period
- Rising usage of OTT platforms worldwide is anticipated to offer advertisers the opportunity to increase their digital video advertising. This in turn is anticipated to propel the market growth during the forecast period.
- However, the effect of GDPR and other privacy regulations on the use of internet data are expected to hamper the digital video advertising market during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Digital Video Advertising Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a significant drop in advertising spending by end-users. For instance, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, spending on advertisements are down 9% on average across Europe, with Germany and France falling by 7% and 12% respectively. Additionally, in China, advertising revenue is down by around 15%. During the COVID-19 pandemic, in-home media usage, TV viewership, and use of social platforms and streaming services is seen increasing; hence, advertisers are adapting digital advertising marketing strategies, which in turn is projected to have a positive impact on the global digital video advertising market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Digital Video Advertising Market
- In terms of region, the global digital video advertising market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global digital video advertising market in 2019, due to the significant adoption of smartphones and smart televisions in the region. Furthermore, increasing shift from traditional cable TVs to OTT media delivery platforms is expected to fuel the digital video advertising market during the forecast period.
- The digital video advertising market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing investments by telecommunication players on providing high-speed internet services, which in turn increases the adoption of smart devices, OTT platforms, social media platforms etc,. indirectly propelling the digital video advertising market.
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the digital video advertising market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global digital video advertising market. Digital video advertising vendors are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Video Advertising Market
- Conversant LLC
- Longtail Ad Solutions, Inc.
- PubMatic, Inc.
- SpotX, Inc.
- Tremor International Ltd.
- Vdopia, Inc. DBA Chocolate
- Verizon Media
- Viant Technology LLC
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Video Advertising Market, by Type
Global Digital Video Advertising Market, by End-user
- Retail & E-commerce
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consumer Goods & Electronics
- Media & Entertainment
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.