Digital Video Advertising: Introduction
- Videos are a powerful marketing strategy and advertisement option to attract customers. Digital video advertising which is also known as online video advertising, is a strategy of advertising a particular product or service in a video format. The video is broadcast on various social media platforms such as Facebook, and Instagram, or on news websites, mobile applications, and games.
- Digital video advertising encompasses online display advertisements within an application or website; it generally occurs before, during and/ or after a video stream on the internet.
- The global digital video advertising market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing demand to adopt innovative ways of advertising to attract customers in the digital world.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Digital Video Advertising Market
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Dynamics
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in demand for automation of advertisement processes is expected to boost the digital video advertising market during the forecast period.
- Rising technological advancements and changing consumer behavior have encouraged advertisers to adopt innovative ways of advertising. This is primarily because currently, the consumer is more focused on brands and products.
- Rise in adoption of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) in digital marketing is expected to boost the demand for digital video advertising across the globe. For example, Google is working on VR advertising.
- Increase in online shopping and significant shift in consumer buying patterns have pushed the demand for digital video advertising
- Increasing adoption of smartphones, smart televisions etc. in rural and urban areas across the globe is estimated to propel the global digital video advertising market during the forecast period
- Emergence of digital technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) is also anticipated to boost the demand for digital video advertising during the forecast period
- Rising usage of OTT platforms worldwide is anticipated to offer advertisers the opportunity to increase their digital video advertising. This in turn is anticipated to propel the market growth during the forecast period.
- However, the effect of GDPR and other privacy regulations on the use of internet data are expected to hamper the digital video advertising market during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Digital Video Advertising Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a significant drop in advertising spending by end-users. For instance, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, spending on advertisements are down 9% on average across Europe, with Germany and France falling by 7% and 12% respectively. Additionally, in China, advertising revenue is down by around 15%. During the COVID-19 pandemic, in-home media usage, TV viewership, and use of social platforms and streaming services is seen increasing; hence, advertisers are adapting digital advertising marketing strategies, which in turn is projected to have a positive impact on the global digital video advertising market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Digital Video Advertising Market
- In terms of region, the global digital video advertising market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global digital video advertising market in 2019, due to the significant adoption of smartphones and smart televisions in the region. Furthermore, increasing shift from traditional cable TVs to OTT media delivery platforms is expected to fuel the digital video advertising market during the forecast period.
- The digital video advertising market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing investments by telecommunication players on providing high-speed internet services, which in turn increases the adoption of smart devices, OTT platforms, social media platforms etc,. indirectly propelling the digital video advertising market.
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the digital video advertising market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global digital video advertising market. Digital video advertising vendors are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Video Advertising Market
- Conversant LLC
- Longtail Ad Solutions, Inc.
- PubMatic, Inc.
- SpotX, Inc.
- Tremor International Ltd.
- Vdopia, Inc. DBA Chocolate
- Verizon Media
- Viant Technology LLC
Global Digital Video Advertising Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Video Advertising Market, by Type
Global Digital Video Advertising Market, by End-user
- Retail & E-commerce
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consumer Goods & Electronics
- Media & Entertainment
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!