Digital Twin in Oil & Gas: Introduction
- Digital twin in the oil & gas market is a virtual model in which pairing of virtual and physical worlds is done. The virtual model or digital twin helps oil and gas companies to perform system monitoring and analyses of data in a way that improves operations, reduces maintenance costs, accelerates production, reduces operating expenses, prevents downtime, increases the lifecycle of the assets, and enables better and faster decisions.
- Oil and gas companies are now able to optimize assets and ensure process improvements in the virtual world before applying them in the real world through digital twin or replicating physical processes or equipment in a virtual environment.
- Digital twin in oil & gas industry enhances information management and collaboration throughout the lifecycle of the asset.
- The global digital twin in oil & gas market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing adoption of digital twin in the oil & gas industry across the globe.
Click here to read more about growth trend
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market: Dynamics
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Automation of business processes and operations in the oil & gas sector is expected to boost the digital twin in oil & gas market during the forecast period globally.
- Growing technological advancements and changing consumer behavior have encouraged oil & gas companies to adopt innovative technology and solutions to transform business processes and operations. Thus, demand for digital twin in oil & gas is likely to increase during the forecast period to cater to fast changing market conditions.
- Rise in adoption of Big Data analytics, IoT, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, mobility solutions, cybersecurity, and robotic process automation by end-users is expected to boost the demand for digital twin in oil & gas across the globe.
- In the oil & gas industry, there can be no room for mistakes because the industry uses complex assets during plant operations. Hence, oil & gas industries are increasingly using digital twin to maintain the health of assets, reduce downtime of assets, and reduce CAPEX and OPEX. This, in turn, has pushed the demand for digital twin in oil & gas market.
- Emergence of Industry 4.0 across the globe has forced oil & gas companies to adopt digital technologies to enhance productivity, efficiency, and safety of their operations, which is estimated to propel the global digital twin in oil & gas market during the forecast period.
- However, one of the most significant challenges of the market is integration of software with existing systems. Hence, integration challenges are expected to hamper the digital twin in oil & gas market during the forecast period.
- Lack of awareness regarding cost benefits of the adoption of digital twin in oil & gas industry is also one of the major restraining factors anticipated to hinder the digital twin in oil & gas market during the forecast period.
Click here to read more about market dynamics
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market
- During the pandemic, demand for digital twin is decreasing in the oil & gas industry due to complete lockdown across the world, which has impacted production in both upstream and downstream operations. During COVID-19, demand for extracting oil is on a declining trend. This has resulted in a massive gap between supply and demand. Demand for digital twin in oil & gas industry will increase drastically to cope the COVID-19 pandemic, which in turn is projected to have a positive impact on the global digital twin in oil & gas market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market
- In terms of region, the global digital twin in oil & gas market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global digital twin in oil & gas market in 2019, due to the significant adoption of digital twin in oil & gas market in the region. The U.S. is the key market with around 65% of companies in the country already having invested in digital twin in oil & gas market.
- The digital twin in oil & gas market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing investments by organizations on digitalization and technology deployment, which in turn increases the adoption of digital twin in oil & gas in the region.
Click here to read more about market outlook, by region
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the digital twin in oil & gas market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global digital twin in oil & gas market. Digital operation solution vendors are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market
- General Electric
- IBM Corporation
- PTC Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Ansys, Inc.
- SAP SE
- Oracle Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market, by Component
- Product Digital Twin
- Process Digital Twin
- System Digital Twin
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Digital Twin in Oil & Gas Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.