Digital Shelf Market - Introduction
- Digital shelf is the latest solution for price management and inventory in the retail sector, based on the use of advanced IT technology. The digital shelf market is expected to gain momentum, as digital shelf offers several benefits such as low labor cost and time efficiency.
- Digital shelf uses wireless communication networks, such as radio frequency and infrared technology, to communicate with back-end database. It is an emerging system, which has replaced conventional methods used in supermarkets, hypermarkets, and department stores. High-speed updates on pricing, promotional messaging, increase in readability, and contrast of distinct digital products also help improve product uplift and store margins.
- Digital shelf allows automatic price updating, thus reducing labor and staff costs significantly. Furthermore, proliferation of IoT technology in the retail sector is positively impact the adoption of the digital shelf system.
- Of late, leading players have shifted focus toward updating hardware and software of digital shelf systems in order to increase the in-store maintenance and efficiency of operations. Additionally, companies are developing customized solutions to meet specific needs of retailers.
Growth in Adoption of Store Automation in Retail Sector Driving Digital Shelf Market
- Store automation is the new trend, as retailers have started adopting wireless digital shelf system in order to improve store maintenance and operational efficiency. Retailers are gradually adopting cost-efficient, fast, and reliable price labeling systems due to the development in infrastructure in the retail industry.
- Digital shelf is used in various retail stores such as hypermarkets and supermarkets. With the help of digital shelf, retail outlet owners can minimize labor costs, retain price integrity, and optimize inventory costs. This has boosted the adoption of digital shelf in the retail industry.
- Thus, rise in adoption of store automation and expansion of the retail sector are likely to boost the digital shelf market during the forecast period
Technological Advancements for Customer Experience Enhancements Boosting Digital Shelf Market
- Technological progression has a strong impact on the global digital shelf market. Digital shelf is equipped with advanced features, such as indoor mapping, long battery life, real-time two-way responsive system, and merchandising accessories, to enhance operational quality, security, and latency. These attributes are expected to propel the large-scale adoption of digital shelf across the globe.
- Customers are increasingly becoming digitally conscious. Digitization of the shopping environment helps provide better customer experience. This, in turn, is augmenting the market. Digitization initiatives taken by various countries across the globe are also driving the digital shelf market. However, lack of awareness about the benefits of the digital shelf system and high initial investment associated with it are anticipated to hamper the market in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Digital Shelf Market
- In terms of region, the global digital shelf market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to account for prominent share of the global digital shelf market during the forecast period, due to advancements in technology and introduction of digital shelf applications with enhanced customer experience in the region
- Europe and North America are anticipated to account for key shares of the global digital shelf market during the forecast period. However, the market in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a faster pace in the near future.
Global Digital Shelf Market - Competitive Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Shelf Market:
- Edge by Ascential
- SFD Systems
- shelfPoint and Cloverleaf Media, LLC
- Altierre Corp
- Pricer AB
- Teraoka Seiko Co., Ltd.
Global Digital Shelf Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Shelf Market, by Component
Global Digital Shelf Market, by End-user
- Organized Retail Stores
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Drug Stores/Pharmacies
- Consumer Electronics (Standalone)
- Other Specialty Stores
- Multi-brand Stores
- Company-owned/Brand Stores
Global Digital Shelf Market, by Communication Technology
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Infrared (IR)
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
Global Digital Shelf Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.