Global Digital Olfaction Products Market: Introduction
Digital olfactory is the technology field dealing with the designs of olfactories. It is a technology of sensing, distributing, and obtaining scent activated digital media. The sensing aspect of this system works by the use of olfactometers and electric noses. Digital olfactory products include end products such as cell phones, smelling displays, music & video games, explosives alarms, devices for quality assurance, and medical diagnostics.
Global Digital Olfaction Products Market: Dynamics
- Increasing demand for electronic nose
- Electronic-nose devices have gained significant interest over the years in the field of sensor technology, primarily because of the development of several applications in different fields of applied sciences. Recent developments of electronic nose technology have emerged from advancements in sensor design, structural changes, innovations in software, and advancements in microcircuitry designs and integration of systems. The development of several new forms of e-nose sensors focused on various sensing criteria and mechanisms, is nearing connection with the growth of modern applications. Electronic noses also provide multiple advantages to various commercial sectors, including the fields of agriculture, biomedicine, cosmetics, climate, and health, industrial, military, biomedical, legislative, and scientific research.
North America Led the Global Digital Olfaction Products Market in 2019
- Based on region, the global digital olfaction products market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the global digital olfaction products market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries that drive the market in this region. North America accounts for maximum market share due to the significant participation of key players such as Electronics Sensor Technology, ScentSational Technologies, Smiths Detector Inc., and Scent Sciences Company.
- The digital olfaction products market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries of the digital olfaction products market in the region.
Healthcare Accounted for Largest Market Share in Global Digital Olfaction Products Market in 2018
- Based on end-users, the digital olfaction products market is segmented into marketing, food & beverage, entertainment, education, healthcare, communication, military & defense, and others. The military & defense segment is expected to show the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Healthcare held the largest market share in 2018 where e-noses were widely adopted in diagnosis.
Key Players Operating in the Global Digital Olfaction Products Market
Key players operating in the global digital olfaction products market are listed below:
- Airsense Analytics GmbH
- Alpha MOS SA
- AMS AG
- Electronic Sensor Technology
- Scent Sciences Corporation
- Scentcom Ltd.
- Scentsational Technologies
- Smiths Detection Inc.
- The Enose Company
Global Digital Olfaction Products Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Olfaction Products Market, by Device
Figure: Global Digital Olfaction Products Market, by Device
Global Digital Olfaction Products Market, by End-user
- Food & Beverage
- Military & Defense
Global Digital Olfaction Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Digital Olfaction Products Market , by Region