Digital Cameras: Introduction
- A digital camera is a hardware device that takes photographs and stores the images as data on a memory card
- The digital camera consists of digital optical components to register the intensity and color of light and convert it into pixel data. Digital cameras can also record video in addition to taking photos.
- Pictures taken by digital cameras are recorded by a sensor, called "charged coupled device" or CCD. Digital cameras save photos in digital memory, instead of saving them on analog film. Some digital cameras have built-in memory; mostly they use an SD card or compact flash card.
- In digital cameras, images are captured digitally; hence, unwanted images can be deleted directly on the camera. Numerous digital cameras have a small LCD screen that offers a preview of the image, which helps to capture the perfect picture.
Increased Demand for Digital Cameras
- Portable electronic devices such as cell phones and iPods have inbuilt digital cameras. Digital SLR (single lens reflex) cameras have interchangeable lenses. These cameras are used by photography professionals and capture high resolution images with accurate color.
- Digital photography can be utilized to diagnose dental problems. Digital cameras capture images with superb quality, better than print and slide films. Dentist can view issues that might have been missed by taking digital photos of the patient’s teeth both inside and out of the mouth.
- Digital cameras are utilized in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for civil applications such as law enforcement, firefighting, environmental monitoring, and assessment of natural disasters
North America to Lead Global Digital Cameras Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global digital cameras market during the forecast period due to the high rate of adoption of technologically advanced products
- Rise in demand for lightweight, high-quality digital camera is a key factor that boosts the global digital cameras market. Moreover, increased usage of digital camera in entertainment, media, and sports further propels the digital cameras market in North America.
- The digital cameras market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace due to a rise in trends of photography in the region
- Asia Pacific is a prominent market for digital cameras due to the large population and rising consumer needs in the region. The U.S. is a key importer, and China is the leading exporter of digital cameras globally.
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Cameras Market
- Canon, Inc.
- Nikon Corporation
- Samsung Electronics, Co., Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
- Kodak Company
- Panasonic Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
Global Digital Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Cameras Market, by Product Type
- Interchangeable Lens Cameras
- Digital Single Lens Reflex (SLR) Cameras
- Digital Rangefinders
- Line-scan Camera Systems
- Built-in Lens Cameras
- Integration Camera
- Bridge Cameras
- Compact Digital Cameras
Global Digital Cameras Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa