Digital calipers are the latest in caliper technology and are considered as an evolution of Vernier calipers. Digital calipers are generally used to measure objects which cannot be measured with a ruler. They are made of stainless steel and contain plastic case for display. Digital calipers are measuring instruments which take differential measurements, and are commonly used for inspection in the manufacturing industry to provide precise measurements of an object. Measurement on digital calipers can be taken in both metric and imperial units, and readings can be switched between millimeters, centimeters, and inches. The reading and measurement is generated electronically and displayed on a digital and high resolution screen as a single value. Calipers are used in various fields, such as, mechanical engineering, inspection, engineering design, metalworking, science, and manufacturing, among others.
Key driver boosting the popularity of digital calipers is their higher accuracy as compared to that of dial and Vernier calipers. Owing to rapid industrialization and popularity of digital calipers, manufacturers are adopting new technologies to enhance product quality with features, such as, solar powered digital calipers, to eliminate the need of battery and provide waterproof feature. The waterproof feature of digital calipers enables taking of measurements in water-based and misty environment without compromising the function of calipers.
The use of digital calipers across industries reduces the chances of human errors by allowing them to record displayed values and providing improved reliability of measurements; thereby boosting the adoption of digital calipers in a number of industries. However, digital calipers are expensive than dial calipers, which is likely to hamper the market growth of the former. Nevertheless, technological advancement and reduction of size of integrated circuits are creating opportunities and projected to contribute to the growth of global digital caliper market.
The global digital caliper market can be segmented based on material, application, distribution channel, and region. In terms of material, the digital caliper market can be categorized into aluminum and stainless steel. Based on application, the digital caliper market can be divided into engineering, research laboratories, manufacturing, and academia. The engineering segment is anticipated to dominate the digital caliper market during the forecast period, followed by manufacturing and research laboratories. Mechanical engineering is a major segment of engineering that makes use of digital calipers. In terms of distribution channel, the digital caliper market can be classified into online retailers and offline retailers.
Based on region, the global digital caliper market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, followed by Europe and North America. Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for a major market share, owing to rapid industrialization and growing number of educational institutions, coupled with the presence of a large number of engineering and research facilities in the region. Calipers are a widely used handled instrument in metrology across industries, and therefore, the increasing acceptance of digital calipers are leading to the growth of the market in the developing regions.
Leading manufacturers operating in the digital caliper market are Hexagon AB, Mitutoyo Corporation, L.S. Starrett Company, S-T Industries, Inc., Fowler High Precision, Inc., Accuremote, Capri Tools, Central Tools Inc., DRAPER TOOLS LTD., Mahr Inc., and Bowers Group. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to diversify their product range and are also making efforts to enhance their product quality. Players in the digital caliper market are anticipated to face competition due to the presence of a large number of local vendors, especially in China. This is likely to lead to the introduction of many advanced products in the market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.