Digital Battlefield: Introduction
- Digital battlefield is a network of connected aerial platforms, weapon systems, and surveillance & communication systems.
- Continuous upgrades in the military to meet the requirements of supporting electronic systems and equipment are driving the demand for digital battlefields across the world.
- Digital battlefield systems are deployed in space that enable real-time mapping, which helps defense leaders to take real-time decisions, especially during war-like situations.
- High demand for devices supporting 5G technology and implementation of advanced technologies to establish an efficient and reliable military sector is expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The development of new systems, devices, and software by key vendors is further triggering the demand for digital battlefields.
- The global digital battlefield market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in modernization of the defense sector coupled with the development of new capabilities in digital battlefield products across the world.
Global Digital Battlefield Market: Dynamics
Global Digital Battlefield Market: Key Drivers
- Rising investments and modernization in the defense sector for developing advanced military equipment is the prime factor boosting the growth of the digital battlefield market.
- New procurement programs in developing and developed countries such as the US, China, Russia, India, and others is anticipated to drive the market growth.
- However, high development and maintenance costs may hamper the growth of the digital battlefield market to some extent.
- Various initiatives by agencies such as The National Science and Technology Council (US), Strategic Council for AI Technologies (Japan), and the AI Council (UK) also supports growth of the digital battlefield market
- The development of AI-enabled digital battlefield devices along with the incorporation of geographical information systems (GIS) and satellite-based geospatial analytical solutions and tools are expected to provide ample growth opportunities for players in the digital battlefield market in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Digital Battlefield Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the world is resulting in economic slowdown. The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted countries across the globe. Solution and service providers of digital battlefields have also been largely impacted due to disruptions in supply chain and logistics activities. Moreover, the economic slowdown has led to reduced investment in digital and advanced products. These factors have negatively impacted the growth of the digital battlefield market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Digital Battlefield Market
- In terms of region, the global digital battlefield market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global digital battlefield market. The presence of developed economies such as the United States and Canada are likely to result in highest growth of the market due to strong defense and economic policies, and increase in military spending in the region.
- The Asia Pacific market is anticipated to grow at a fast pace during the forecast period due to the increasing defense budgets and growing procurement of digital battlefields in the region.
Global Digital Battlefield Market: Competition Landscape
Several players are active in the digital battlefield market with a strong presence. Major players dominate the digital battlefield market. Strategies such as merger and acquisition, partnerships, collaborations, new product development, and business expansions are adopted by major players in the market to strengthen their geographic presence and to cater to the need of armed forces around the world. For instance, in December 2020, Elbit Systems received a contract worth US$ 27 Mn from the Romanian Air Force for aircraft upgrades. Elbit Systems Ltd. will install advanced avionics systems under this contract.
Key Players Operating in the Global Digital Battlefield Market Include:
- BAE Systems Plc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Thales Group
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Israel Aerospace Industries
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Cobham Inc.
- Rheinmetall AG
- Saab AB
- ATOS SE
- Airbus S.A.S.
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Booz Allen Hamilton
Global Digital Battlefield Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Battlefield Market, by Component
- Communication Devices
- Wearable Devices
- Imaging Devices
- Display Devices
- Tracking Devices
- Computer Hardware Devices
- Data Distribution Units
- Night Vision Devices
- Command & Control Software
- Military Situational Awareness
- Security Management
- Inventory Management
- Fleet Management
- Weapon Integration
- Deployment & Integration
- Upgrade & Maintenance
Global Digital Battlefield Market, by Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- 3D Printing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big Data Analytics
- Robotic Process Automation
- Cloud Computing & Master Data Management
- Digital Twin
- AR & VR
Global Digital Battlefield Market, by Application
- Warfare Platform
- Cyber Security
- Logistics & Transportation
- Surveillance & Situational Awareness
- Command & Control
- Health Monitoring
- Simulation & Training
- Design and Manufacturing
- Predictive Maintenance
- Threat Monitoring
- Real-time Fleet Management
- Electronic Warfare
Global Digital Battlefield Market, by Platform
- Military Fighting Vehicles (MFVS)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVS)
- Weapon Systems
- Headquarter and Command Centers
- Dismounted Soldier Systems
- Naval Ships
- Unmanned Maritime Vehicles (UMVS)
- Combat Aircraft
- Special Mission Aircraft
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVS)
Global Digital Battlefield Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!